What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (4 Viewers)

LOL at the idea that Punk sounded bitter. You just knew the AEW honks would be losing their minds over what he said today, which was more than reasonable and probably mostly true. He was pretty calm and collected when saying most of what he said, and I would bet good money that history will prove him right. Punk might be a jerk, but his thoughts on AEW, sadly, are probably pretty accurate. With Vince gone for good from WWE, I wouldn't be surprised if the big names from AEW are already thinking of when they can get out of AEW and to WWE ASAP.
Was great interview by Punk. Rarely sit through long content anymore but watched all 2 hours of his interview.

Love watching the AEW niche mark crowd rage at it. :lmao: Glorious. At least they got 3 new "game changers" . They drew all of 700k last week....

Time for a new "game changer" or "big announcement" by Tiny.

Just circling the drain. At least money mark Tiny is paying them but you actually feel for the likes of Edge/Hardys/Bryan having to face nobodies in front of 2k people on national TV. Same fate has already hit Sasha Banks there....
Yep. I have no allegiance to any one promotion or wrestler. AEW existing is good for the business and you hope they find a way to stay afloat in the years to come, as it feels like the WWF/WWE has often been at its best when there was at least the threat of another major company (see: the late 90s). It's just easy to see how right Punk probably is about Tony Khan; someone who knows how to be a boss wouldn't have sat there with a dopey look on his face while Punk went off on that rant in the press conference that one time (which was out of line for Punk, no doubt). I doubt anyone thinks Punk is an angel here. He is a cocky dude with an attitude, but that doesn't make him wrong here. I think anyone who is paying serious attention to both companies right now (reading what the dirt sheet nimrod liar wanna reporters say is not paying attention) can see that WWE is on fire right now, while AEW is a slowly sinking ship.

Back to Punk, what he said near the end of that interview is probably what drives his haters nuts the most. Everything he has done, his attitude, his actions, his confrontations, has gotten him to where is right now, which is one of the most over people in wrestling in the 21st century. His brand is now up there with the best of the best. Being as divisive as he has been has worked well for him, and he continues to benefit from it in spades. And that grinds the gears of some.

The Wrestlemania Cards have been revealed.

NIGHT 1

• The Rock & Roman Reigns v Cody Rhodes & Seth Rollins
• Rhea Ripley v Becky Lynch
• Jey Uso v Jimmy Uso
• Jade, Bianca, Naomi v Damage CTRL
• Six Pack Tag Title Ladder Match
• Gunther v Sami Zayn
• Rey Mysterio & Dragon Lee v Dominik Mysterio & Santos Escobar

NIGHT 2:

• Roman Reigns v Cody Rhodes
• IYO SKY v Bayley
• Seth Rollins v Drew McIntyre
• Logan Paul v KO v Randy Orton
• LA Knight v AJ Styles
• The Pride v The Final Testament
I could almost pass on night one outside of the tag main event and Rhea and Becky.

Night two is loaded.
I know right other Rhipley/Lynch and USOS night 1 is a no point of going. Isfahan I had tickets both nights I’d probably try to at least get my $$$ back. At least takeover should be good that day

LOL at the idea that Punk sounded bitter. You just knew the AEW honks would be losing their minds over what he said today, which was more than reasonable and probably mostly true. He was pretty calm and collected when saying most of what he said, and I would bet good money that history will prove him right. Punk might be a jerk, but his thoughts on AEW, sadly, are probably pretty accurate. With Vince gone for good from WWE, I wouldn't be surprised if the big names from AEW are already thinking of when they can get out of AEW and to WWE ASAP.
Was great interview by Punk. Rarely sit through long content anymore but watched all 2 hours of his interview.

Love watching the AEW niche mark crowd rage at it. :lmao: Glorious. At least they got 3 new "game changers" . They drew all of 700k last week....

Just circling the drain. At least money mark Tiny is paying them but you actually feel for the likes of Edge/Hardys/Bryan having to face nobodies in front of 2k people on national TV. Same fate has already hit Sasha Banks there....
Yep. I have no allegiance to any one promotion or wrestler. AEW existing is good for the business and you hope they find a way to stay afloat in the years to come, as it feels like the WWF/WWE has often been at its best when there was at least the threat of another major company (see: the late 90s). It's just easy to see how right Punk probably is about Tony Khan; someone who knows how to be a boss wouldn't have sat there with a dopey look on his face while Punk went off on that rant in the press conference that one time (which was out of line for Punk, no doubt). I doubt anyone thinks Punk is an angel here. He is a cocky dude with an attitude, but that doesn't make him wrong here. I think anyone who is paying serious attention to both companies right now (reading what the dirt sheet nimrod liar wanna reporters say is not paying attention) can see that WWE is on fire right now, while AEW is a slowly sinking ship.

Back to Punk, what he said near the end of that interview is probably what drives his haters nuts the most. Everything he has done, his attitude, his actions, his confrontations, has gotten him to where is right now, which is one of the most over people in wrestling in the 21st century. His brand is now up there with the best of the best. Being as divisive as he has been has worked well for him, and he continues to benefit from it in spades. And that grinds the gears of some.
I saw a tweet from someone yesterday that is pretty right. WWE without the Bloodline, wouldn’t last or be great. Yes it’s on fire but get rid of the Bloodline and Rock and what does WWE really have momentum wise? It wasn’t even a Vince Idea Roman was literally sitting at home retired. Vince got backed into a corner. I’m curious if the momentum does carry over after mania because usually it dies fast and with ing a month or two people are wondering what happened to the good stuff

WWE confirms clash at the castle June 15. Saudi confirms a WWE event may 25th

Mexico and Puerto Rico will be getting WWE events once again. Mexico has been heavily discussed on getting a PLE in the near future, as of Puerto Rico there’s been discussions of potentially taking a episode of Raw to the island but as of right now Live events tour are scheduled for Puerto Rico soon to be announced.

This just keeps getting worse

Alleged Victim Of Vince McMahon Claims She Was Coerced Into Writing Love Letters After Being Abused

An anonymous representative for Janel Grant claims her client was forced to write “love letters” to Vince McMahon multiple times, contrasting what the lawsuit contends.

One of the many letters was made on December 24th, in which Grant wrote she was “in love with a capital L” and used nouns such as, “my best friend, my love and my everything.” But Grant’s attorney, Ann Callis, claims McMahon actually instructed Grant to write the note.

In an alleged text exchange dated December 21st, which was not included in Grant’s lawsuit but alleged as genuine by a spokesperson for Grant, McMahon is alleged to have interacted with Grant who revealed to him that she had an injured finger. The representative also said that Grant had written love letters at McMahon’s request so many times that she resorted to padding them with existing material from pop culture.

A 2,200-word email written by Grant for McMahon was taken from Grant’s laptop as part of an investigation on behalf of WWE’s board by white-shoe law firm Simpson, Thacher & Bartlett, and is expected to appear in court filings as the case progresses, according to sources close to the situation.

Source: NY Post

AEW is definitely good for these performers getting paydays. 2 guys that have shown zero drawing power in America just got millions. So great for them.

It's just a bland lifeless indy level product. Any momentum they had is long long gone. Tiny should not be fantasy wrestling booking these shows. But that's what his lifelong dream has been. He doesn't have any personal business success. It's all his dad. He can't go into the background like a Ted Turner.....because Tiny has nothing else to do.

Edge/Sasha Banks got their paydays......but they're absolutely positively already drowning in programs with no names that'll never be anything in the business. Banks is already with no names in front of 2k fans 2 weeks into her AEW run.....

Punk is spot on. A&W's not run like a business. They don't want to make money. Tiny isn't a boss. One of the better candid interviews I've watched in a long time. Punk is happy to be back in the big leagues. Seems to appreciate it more now as he's seen and experienced the minor league alternative.

It isn't good for AEW that it is as bad as it is right now......combined with WWE being as hot as it has been in 20+ years.

Today marks the 12 year anniversary of Brock Lesnar's return to WWE. On April 2nd 2012, Lesnar would reappear on Monday Night Raw after a 8 year hiatus from the WWE and level John Cena with an F-5, starting a historic second run for the superstar.

That run would see Brock:

Defeat the Undertaker at WrestleMania 30
Win the Royal Rumble
Win the Money in the Bank Briefcase
Hold the Universal Title on 3 seperate occasions, one reign lasting for 504 days
Hold the WWE Championship 3xs
Coin the term "Suplex City"
Win 5 Slammys
Main Event Wrestlemania (4xs) and Summerslam (8xs)

AEW is definitely good for these performers getting paydays. 2 guys that have shown zero drawing power in America just got millions. So great for them.

It's just a bland lifeless indy level product. Any momentum they had is long long gone. Tiny should not be fantasy wrestling booking these shows. But that's what his lifelong dream has been. He doesn't have any personal business success. It's all his dad. He can't go into the background like a Ted Turner.....because Tiny has nothing else to do.

Edge/Sasha Banks got their paydays......but they're absolutely positively already drowning in programs with no names that'll never be anything in the business. Banks is already with no names in front of 2k fans 2 weeks into her AEW run.....

Punk is spot on. A&W's not run like a business. They don't want to make money. Tiny isn't a boss. One of the better candid interviews I've watched in a long time. Punk is happy to be back in the big leagues. Seems to appreciate it more now as he's seen and experienced the minor league alternative.

It isn't good for AEW that it is as bad as it is right now......combined with WWE being as hot as it has been in 20+ years.
Agreed. All businesses will go through highs and lows, and it's definitely bad luck for AEW that they are going through this lull while WWE is going through a major boom, but given the way AEW is run, it is hard to see them getting the momentum back that they had several years ago when they were the talk of the town, so to speak. Getting Punk, even an aging one who is having trouble staying healthy, was a major coo for them at the time, and that ended up being a disaster largely because some of the EVPs hated the idea that "their company" (and make no mistake, they do think it is THEIR company) and did everything they could to make co-existing with him untenable. Again, Punk definitely wears some of the blame for the way things played out, but when you have a guy who is that big of a draw and can be a major pain in the butt, you take the good with the bad knowing that the bottom line will be in your favor thanks to his drawing power, and what certain persons there did was go out of their way to bring out the bad instead of finding ways to work with Punk and his difficult methods, and the results speak for themselves.
So I would just need to reactivate my Peacock to watch Wrestlemania? No additional pay per view cost?
I think you need to have one of the premium packages, which I think I do (I paid an extra $6 or something a month to have no ads), but otherwise I do not believe there is an additional cost.

Fightful reports Roxanne Perez has impressed major officials each time she's appeared on the main roster. NXT sources believe her callup is "only a matter of time".

However, some in NXT are pushing for her to win the NXT Women's Championship at NXT Stand & Deliver.

This would help freshen up AEW tag division

PWInsider: Many people backstage in TNA got the impression that the Motor City Machine Guns (Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley) are on their way to AEW.

WWE wants to build up and make Solo Sikoa a more serious treat at the main roster, the current feeling is that Solo should be on a higher level right now as a Heel, there’s a lot of trust with Solo Sikoa.

Italy, Spain and Japan are under WWE radar for future major WWE events. Also there’s been early discussions of the possibility of Summer slam going international in the future.

Punks problem has and will always be not admitting to when he’s wrong. That’s what I think most have issues with him.

Most of the talent seems very happy in AEW. I don’t think it’s the **** show punk says. Are there issues? Sure but given WWEs issues right now and I know certain there’s people still there involved who aren’t gone yet I don’t think we’ll see many talents going to WWE till this lawsuit is settled. You also got the Saudi BS still

Danielson, Edge and Mox have all praised their time in AEW and Danielson getting to wrestle again. I could see Starks moving to WWE, and Mark Henrey in a backstage role. Don’t really see anyone else going. MJF knows he’s can sign a lucrative contract in AEW that I’m not sure WWE could match at this point.

Multiple other talents like Sammy G, Garcicia, Private Party, The Acclaimed, Julia Hart, Sky blue and Kris Statlander as well as Dr Britt have thanked AEW for giving them a stage to be known.

AEW does have its problems but it’s funny people are just popping off the same BS they’ve said about TNA for yrs. It’s kind of embarrassing
Of course Danielson Edge and Mox are happy with their time in AEW. They are at the back end of their career, getting fat checks from the money mark to do whatever they want to do. Who wouldn't like that? Ariel asked better questions than any of the pseudo journalists that suck at TK's teat at the scrums. :shrug:

Ronda Rousey has made some serious accusations against WWE's superstar Drew Gulak of pulling on her sweatpants string backstage

NJPW getting in on the fun

In the wake of the CM Punk/Ariel Helwani interview on Monday, NJPW has released a House of Torture “Cry Me A River” shirt on their official merchandise page.

While speaking to the Ringer about how Heyman has change professional wrestling, Paul mentions the influences AEW has taken from ECW:

“AEW is in and of itself RVD, because anyone who watches AEW can quickly conclude the AEW style is based on Rob Van Dam versus Jerry Lynn from 1998, 1999. And then you throw in all the different things that were obviously influenced by Taz, Sabu, the Sandman’s entrance, playing music while the action still goes on—let alone the fact that they continue to use the ‘lights out, lights on’ gimmick, which we debuted at the November to Remember 1995 when I brought back Sabu. The first financially viable opposition to WWE in many years employs styles that we either innovated or popularized during our run.”

Former #WWE Women’s Champion Ronda Rousey Says She Won’t Return To #WWE Until Vince Is “Completely Gone”

The MMA legend and former champion reiterated her disdain for the former chairman and the odds of her returning to where she made her mark in wrestling.

Rousey was a guest on the Rachel Hollis Podcast, and the focus of her interview revolved around her potential return to WWE. Throughout the interview, Rousey paraphrased her frustrations with McMahon in both of her stints. She also believes that although McMahon is no longer involved with the company, she has her doubts about his influence despite his removal back in January.

She said, “…I didn't have the greatest experience working for Vince McMahon… I got frustrated to the point where I was like, 'People aren't being allowed to do their best work.' The first match I had was amazing, we had weeks to put it together, the best minds in the industry had a part in it and it was incredible. The main event of WrestleMania was literally thrown together the night before. We're still putting it together the day we did it. We never got to actually got to do the match itself before we went out there.”

Rousey continued, “Supposedly he's out now because all the sexual assault stuff has come out. He's still running it through all his little cronies. They need to completely clean house. Basically, this guy Bruce Prichard, I've never heard him say one of his own opinions. It's just 'Vince this, Vince that.' …He was supposedly gone, but he was still running the show, just calling it in… I wouldn't be going back to work with them anytime soon because the last time he was gone, he was still running the show. Hopefully, he's completely gone, and they are running in a more responsible way and actually allowing people to rehearse."

Source: The Rachel Hollis Podcast

Rossy Ogawa holds a secret meeting to launch a new wrestling organization ?!!

Being caught off guard, Ogawa walked out of a building in Tokyo where he held his first meeting with wrestlers?! Didn't state who, let alone how many?! Though Ogawa stated the meeting was successful and all involved in the meeting were able to communicate openly & input ideas for the new organization! Ogawa is hoping he can announce something soon.

Source: Tokyo Sports

I saw a tweet from someone yesterday that is pretty right. WWE without the Bloodline, wouldn’t last or be great. Yes it’s on fire but get rid of the Bloodline and Rock and what does WWE really have momentum wise? It wasn’t even a Vince Idea Roman was literally sitting at home retired. Vince got backed into a corner. I’m curious if the momentum does carry over after mania because usually it dies fast and with ing a month or two people are wondering what happened to the good stuff
It's the most massive, over story angle of the past 25 years. I mean, it's a silly question. That's wrestling. They hit on something that is working on a historic level and they have cycled in a bunch of wrestlers throughout to get over along with Roman.

I need Roman to win the tag match Saturday night, lose Sunday night, and then disappear for six months. I want a face Roman pop at Survivor Series.

It's the most massive, over story angle of the past 25 years. I mean, it's a silly question. That's wrestling. They hit on something that is working on a historic level and they have cycled in a bunch of wrestlers throughout to get over along with Roman.
Very true, which is why I think Reigns retains this weekend. The Bloodline storyline works better with him as the champion, even if he only wrestles a handful of times a year.
I need Roman to win the tag match Saturday night, lose Sunday night, and then disappear for six months. I want a face Roman pop at Survivor Series.
He might win Sunday and disappear for six months anyway. WWE is obviously fine with him being a "champion" who is more show than work.

apparently Roman and Rock are taking time off after mania. Rock is filming that movie he’s been talking about for awhile.

At the stardom dream show right now. Ran into Maiki earlier in the day. She was cool. Saw Taro Okada Stardom new President shook his hand was very respectful and thanking fans for support as he entered the building. Natalya from WWE is also here.

Tony Khan says after thinking about it he plans to bring Anthony Henry back to the company after he returns from injury. Anthony comments saying "We're so Back!" #ROHSupercardOfHonor

Source: ROH Media Call

Says The Tate brothers aka the boys were released do to multiple no shows.

Khan says he wishes not to talk about Punk comments rather talk about super care of honor.

Mariah and Toni Storm came!!!!! This show was amazing

Timeless” Toni Storm vs. STARDOM’s Mina Shirakawa for the AEW Women’s World Championship in the near future?

AEW is a fantastic PPV company. Matches on their PPVs have appropriate stakes and the performances are insanely top-tier every damn time. They've had one misstep with a show by my account, but all other PPVs have been in the 80th percentile of shows, basically ever.

They are not a very good weekly TV company. Tony Khan had years to prep his dream storyline with the culmination of Hangman winning the title at Full Gear 2021. I think that 2-year span from inception to Full Gear might be the best booked wrestling company you could ever find outside of the WWE machine. After that, I agree, the weekly TV has suffered as Tony transitioned to booking week-to-week, show-to-show.

I still think CM Punk's arrival was simultaneously the single greatest and single worst thing to happen to AEW. Opening the floodgates to the litany of released WWE stars was not a good move. When they were the company with fresh faces and modern storylines, they killed. Nowadays, the sheer glut in their weekly programming is definitely second-tier.

CM Punk, Nia Jax and Braun Strowman were all spotted taking in GCW “Bloodsport” live earlier today.

Karrion Kross and Scarlet were also in attendance.

Just got back from Philly what a great day. Saw a few people had fun at stardom and we rushed an Uber to bloodsport as one of our buddies is good pals with GCW Lauderdale. Got in for free. Missed some of the show but a cast of who’s who was there from Nick Khan, punk and Nia Jaxx among the big names there.

Saw mark Hitchcock super show which was awesome and thanks to my former coworker who worked for WWE at one time we were at WWE world for a bit and I met Rossy and Giulia. Pretty dam cool. Was a really fun day night. Won’t do much tomorrow as I’m seeing Supercard of Honor at Temple campus plus I got work till 12pm. Then up for stand and deliver on Saturday. Will be going to the progress show tomorrow at 3 probably get to supercard depending on traffic 5:45-6 depending on how long progress goes.

Last edited:
All of these wrestlers are being talked for special entrances at mania

-Logan Paul
-Cody Rhodes
-The Rock
-Román Reigns
-Becky Lynch
-Rhea Ripley

Pat mcafee was originally supposed to have a match at this year WrestleMania, is unknown the reason why the creative idea didn’t go through. But WWE still haves plans on Pat Mcafee having a match this year at WWE.

The match order for this weekend's WrestleMania events has been revealed by the Wrestling Observer

WM NIGHT 1:
• Rhea Ripley (c) vs Becky Lynch
• Tag Title Ladder Match
• Rey Mysterio & Dragon Lee vs Dominik Mysterio & Santos Escobar
• Jimmy Uso vs Jey Uso
• Bianca Belair, Jade Cargill & Naomi vs Damage CTRL
• GUNTHER (c) vs Sami Zayn
• The Rock & Roman Reigns vs Cody Rhodes & Seth Rollins

WM NIGHT 2:
• Seth Rollins (c) vs Drew McIntyre
• Bobby Lashley & Street Profits vs Karrion Kross & A.O.P
• LA Knight vs AJ Styles
• Logan Paul (c) vs Randy Orton vs Kevin Owens
• Iyo Sky (c) vs Bayley
• Roman Reigns (c) vs Cody Rhodes

The match order for this weekend's WrestleMania events has been revealed by the Wrestling Observer

WM NIGHT 1:
• Tag Title Ladder Match
• Jimmy Uso vs Jey Uso

WM NIGHT 2:
• LA Knight vs AJ Styles
• Iyo Sky (c) vs Bayley
Wow. The ladies got robbed Saturday.

WM NIGHT 1:
• Tag Title Ladder Match
• Jimmy Uso vs Jey Uso

WM NIGHT 2:
• LA Knight vs AJ Styles
• Iyo Sky (c) vs Bayley
Wow. The ladies got robbed Saturday.
Must be nice being the CEO

“If you think the spirit of ECW died in 2001, because it went into bankruptcy, you can suck my f*cking d**k.” – Paul Heyman

“If you think the spirit of ECW died in 2001, because it went into bankruptcy, you can suck my f*cking d**k.” – Paul Heyman
That was a fantastic speech. Paul Heyman is such a great performer. I would have never thought that, at almost 36, I would be watching something like this. The WWE is really on fire right now. It's a lot of fun.

Time for Cody to finish the story.

That was a fantastic speech. Paul Heyman is such a great performer. I would have never thought that, at almost 36, I would be watching something like this. The WWE is really on fire right now. It's a lot of fun.

Time for Cody to finish the story.
I ended up at SDL/Hof instead of arOH as someone I knew couldn’t go gave us the tickets. Sold our ROH tickets. Half the crowd left aft Heymans speech that event staff was begging people to move up to make the arena feel full still

Ava just announced NXT N American Women’s tutor tourney hear at Stand and deliver

Triple threat men’s NA best match of the show so far. Obi is impressive live tv don’t do that man Justice physique wise. Good god almighty

Users who are viewing this thread