What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Fred Jackson - Moving Forward (2 Viewers)

Keep in mind Fjax's leg is about to fall off. He's been a beast so far this season, but no way he makes it out alive. If you've been riding Fjax i'd be serisouly trying to acquire Spiller before its too late.
I think you have this wrong, spiller is the one who's ankle never heals, Fred is one tough son of a gun, he play every week, spiller won't
Which week has Spiller missed? He's trying to gut it out, but he's obviously in pain after each play. Not sure what else he can do. Not every injury is the same.

I made a trade for Spiller yesterday. Gave what should be a late 2nd rd pick and my #3 LB. 16 Team/PPR/Contract. I'm not expecting a lot from him until later, hopefully I make the playoffs. Otherwise, he is going to make a nice RB to pair with Forte in 2014.

FJax actually has a higher salary in this league. I'm not sure I would have made the same trade for him. I had him on my roster last season and he was a workhorse for the first half of the year. I just don't want to invest a lot of money into a 32 year old back.

Fred Jackson is a funny guy. 4 weeks go by before I figure out to start him over guys like Ridley, Wilson, Steve Smith (car). He's been carrying my team for the last 4 weeks.

Anyone have any info on what happened with FJax & Spiller vs TB?

11 carries for Spiller, 5 for FJax.

Previous game vs ATL was 15 carries for Spiller and 11 for FJax.

Game before that vs NJY it was 13 for Spiller, 12 for FJax.

Before that it seemed more 3:2 FJax/Spiller, but is this becoming 2:1 Spiller/FJax?

Anyone have any info on what happened with FJax & Spiller vs TB?

11 carries for Spiller, 5 for FJax.

Previous game vs ATL was 15 carries for Spiller and 11 for FJax.

Game before that vs NJY it was 13 for Spiller, 12 for FJax.

Before that it seemed more 3:2 FJax/Spiller, but is this becoming 2:1 Spiller/FJax?
As Spiller gets healthier, probably.

I have a tough call in the playoffs having FJax, Spiller, and Sproles in a PPR league. I have pretty much ruled out Spiller since FJax has been far more consistent and also gets almost all of the goalline reps. That said, I currently have Sproles in the line-up due to FJax' dip in production and having a relatively rough matchup at Jacksonville. I may make a last second switch though, I'm waffling.

I have a tough call in the playoffs having FJax, Spiller, and Sproles in a PPR league. I have pretty much ruled out Spiller since FJax has been far more consistent and also gets almost all of the goalline reps. That said, I currently have Sproles in the line-up due to FJax' dip in production and having a relatively rough matchup at Jacksonville. I may make a last second switch though, I'm waffling.
Nobody cares about your team!!!!

Just kidding. With Peterson injured, I'm debating between Gerhart (if he plays), Obognaya, and Fred Jackson...

Just kidding. With Peterson injured, I'm debating between Gerhart (if he plays), Obognaya, and Fred Jackson...
Not an AC post. I don't care what any of you think. ;) Just sharing my view of the situation. Hopefully this isn't the week FJax scores 2 TDs!

Not an AC post. I don't care what any of you think. ;) Just sharing my view of the situation. Hopefully this isn't the week FJax scores 2 TDs!
I might go with him over Obogananya just because I feel his situation is safer, even though Obgana has a better match-up and McGahee's likely out. Kind of funny saying that considering Jackson splits with Spiller...

If Lacy is out I'm absolutely starting Starks over Fjax. Fred is the #8 rb in my PPR but no way do I trust him after last week's debacle.

It's not just Manuel and whether the Bills will be simplifying the offense today. This is how it's gone with Fred & Spiller last few weeks:

@KC

FJ 16/77/0, 1/22/0

CJS 12/116/0, 2/39/0

@PIT

FJ 12/55/0, 3/7/0

CJS 8/23/0, 3/11/0

Vs NYJ

FJ 12/34/0, 2/5/0

CJS 13/6/0, 2/10/0

ATL (at TO)

FJ 11/42/1, 4/36/1

CJS 15/149/1, 2/8/0

@TB

FJ 5/12/0, 7/4/0

CJS 11/22/0, 1/26/0

Admittedly some tough defenses in here, and ATL's on the whole other end of the spectrum so can't really hang you hat on that. In the NO game before KC Fred went 15/45/1 but he was very lucky to get that TD (IIRC there was an odd penalty there that gave them a shot at a late score).

Last edited by a moderator:
Found this article on NFL.com, F-jax looking to come back this week, what a beast!

Anyways, with Spiller out of the picture, is it crazy to think f-jax is a solid RB2 once he is healthy?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000422722/article/fred-jackson-pushing-for-early-return-to-bills-offense

Bills running back Fred Jackson initially described his groin pull as a four-week injury. And in typical Jackson fashion, he's angling to play after two.

Jackson did some light work off to the side at Bills practice on Monday, and plans to meet with the training staff on Tuesday to determine if he could return to regular practices on Wednesday.

"I'll meet with them (Tuesday)," Jackson told the team's official site. "They wanted to see how things went. Things went well today. I was able to move around on it a little bit. So I'll meet with them again in the morning and I think we'll decide then."

Common sense would obviously point the Bills toward resting their seemingly ageless running back, although it sounds like Jackson will make a push to be on the field when the Chiefs come to town on Sunday.

Though it may be music to Doug Marrone's ears given the current state of his backfield -- C.J. Spiller also says he's making progress -- he'll have to balance Jackson's enthusiasm with the reality of a 33-year-old running back coming off a groin injury.

I would think Bryce Brown would retain some value when FJax returns, as the 3rd down back presumably. Anyone have insight on that? I am not a regular viewer of anything Buffalo Bills related.

I think it behooves owners to hang on to Dixon and/or Brown. At least for a week or two. Jackson is an old RB rushing back from a groin injury. I would not be too hasty to ditch the other two just because Jackson is back at practice. Like someone else said above...Brown (it would seem) stands to inherit at least some of Spiller's workload, anyway.

I remember early in Fred Jacksons career he had the nickname of Fragile Freddy. He has been such a hard working consistent stud late in his career. I really need him to play this weekend. I am pretty concerned about his ability to come back this early from this injury. I like to have him on my team out of sheer respect for his desire to play. The guy just does not give up. Love this guy.

Rotoworld:

Fred Jackson (groin) was noncommittal when asked about his availability for Week 10 following Wednesday's "limited" practice.

"It went OK today," Jackson said. "It was a good action, first time I've done anything like that at practice. We'll see how it goes, doctors are still being doctors and being cautious so I've got to see how things progress the rest of the week." The Associated Press calls F-Jax's status against the Chiefs "unclear." Clearly nearing a return, however, Jackson should be owned in all fantasy leagues as a potential stretch-run RB2/flex.

Source: Associated Press
Nov 5 - 10:40 PM

What do people think about him tonight? Does his workload increase or will it be similar to last week?

Curious about this one myself. I need to decide (and I'm able to swap one for the other) before tonight's Bills/Jets game between Jackson and Ivory.

Dixon's projections are higher than I'd expect this week, and Dixon was taken on last night's waiver run in one league. I don't get it. I couldn't see the game so maybe I'm missing some context, and would appreciate insight from you who saw the game. The play-by-play looks like the Bills basically had alternating series regarding RBs:

Dixon/FJax one series, then B.Brown series, then a Dixon/FJax series, etc. On those Dixon/FJax series, it seems like they subbed every snap or two.

Fred didn't have any more touches or targets after his 3rd quarter TD put them up 31-3. I would think the Bills just held him out at that point as a precautionary measure and not injury (Fred fielded a punt in the fourth quarter).

Dixon had a 30-yard TD in the fourth quarter when, I assume, Fred was being rested and the Jets had already given up. Is that why Dixon's getting some projections love this week? Really? If anything, I would expect LESS of Dixon going forward, since Fred had a TD of his own, and a much less fluky one at that, and came out of the game healthy.

Am I missing something here? Why the Dixon love?

Dixon's projections are higher than I'd expect this week, and Dixon was taken on last night's waiver run in one league. I don't get it. I couldn't see the game so maybe I'm missing some context, and would appreciate insight from you who saw the game. The play-by-play looks like the Bills basically had alternating series regarding RBs:

Dixon/FJax one series, then B.Brown series, then a Dixon/FJax series, etc. On those Dixon/FJax series, it seems like they subbed every snap or two.

Fred didn't have any more touches or targets after his 3rd quarter TD put them up 31-3. I would think the Bills just held him out at that point as a precautionary measure and not injury (Fred fielded a punt in the fourth quarter).

Dixon had a 30-yard TD in the fourth quarter when, I assume, Fred was being rested and the Jets had already given up. Is that why Dixon's getting some projections love this week? Really? If anything, I would expect LESS of Dixon going forward, since Fred had a TD of his own, and a much less fluky one at that, and came out of the game healthy.

Either the Boob earned some time or, quite possible, they are easing FJax back in so he does not reinjure.

Either the Boob earned some time or, quite possible, they are easing FJax back in so he does not reinjure.
Based on the TV broadcast, a news story, or your gut feeling?

Rudnicki pointed out here the two basic RB "roles" in Buffalo's offense. We've seen the two roles filled as follows:

FJax + Spiller, then

Dixon + Brown (during Spiller and FJax injuries), and now

FJax/Dixon + Brown (FJax returns)

If this turns into FJax + Brown then we might expect that less Dixon means more FJax. I'd trust FJax as low RB2 strong flex in that scenario.

Then again, FJax was only averaging 10 carries/game before the groin injury. If this is as good as it is going to get, he'd only be a flex option and possibly less in tough matchups.

The increased "expert" projections for Dixon make me think FJax could be the latter, while experience tells me they always underestimate him. Trying to read the tea leaves. Anyone else have a take on this?

Huge game this week. They'll pound the rock v. Cle..without Spiller Fjax takes on a much bigger role starting this week at home against a soft

run defense

Huge game this week. They'll pound the rock v. Cle..without Spiller Fjax takes on a much bigger role starting this week at home against a soft

run defense
As long he stays healthy, he will be money for people in the fantasy playoffs. He passed the eyeball test for me this past Monday and should be very active moving forward

VandyMan said:
Koya said:
VandyMan said:

Based on the TV broadcast, a news story, or your gut feeling?Rudnicki pointed out here the two basic RB "roles" in Buffalo's offense. We've seen the two roles filled as follows:

FJax + Spiller, then

Dixon + Brown (during Spiller and FJax injuries), and now

FJax/Dixon + Brown (FJax returns)

If this turns into FJax + Brown then we might expect that less Dixon means more FJax. I'd trust FJax as low RB2 strong flex in that scenario.

Then again, FJax was only averaging 10 carries/game before the groin injury. If this is as good as it is going to get, he'd only be a flex option and possibly less in tough matchups.

The increased "expert" projections for Dixon make me think FJax could be the latter, while experience tells me they always underestimate him. Trying to read the tea leaves. Anyone else have a take on this?
As I said, Boobie may have earned that role. OR Fjax was being eased back. Or someplace in the middle.

run defense
As long he stays healthy, he will be money for people in the fantasy playoffs. He passed the eyeball test for me this past Monday and should be very active moving forward
Tell me more...
17, 13 and 20 in the playoff weeks in PPR. I'll take it.

Now that Jackson has been released by the Bills I could certainly see a RB needy team snatch him up. He looked good recently with about 45 yards and a score.

My bet is NE... two opportunities a year to stick it to Rex, plus his best shot at a title after spending his entire career in Buffalo. BB reportedly loves Jackson and the Pats could certainly use a back like him with Blount suspended and the depth chart behind him a bit suspect.

The Patriots opened with Brandon Bolden operating as the third down back for most of the first half last week. Dion Lewis has looked awesome for them in a Vereen role, but FJax would have a spot there if he wanted it I'm fairly sure.

My bet is NE... two opportunities a year to stick it to Rex, plus his best shot at a title after spending his entire career in Buffalo. BB reportedly loves Jackson and the Pats could certainly use a back like him with Blount suspended and the depth chart behind him a bit suspect.

The Patriots opened with Brandon Bolden operating as the third down back for most of the first half last week. Dion Lewis has looked awesome for them in a Vereen role, but FJax would have a spot there if he wanted it I'm fairly sure.
Makes sense to me.

Browns HC Mike Pettine was the DC in Bufallo before becoming the Browns head coach and before that he was the DC in the AFCE with the Jets so he knows about Fred Jackson.

-----------------------------------

Tom Withers@twithersAP 1h1 hour ago

#Bills have reportedly released RB Fred Jackson, could be an option for #Browns.

Browns HC Mike Pettine was the DC in Bufallo before becoming the Browns head coach and before that he was the DC in the AFCE with the Jets so he knows about Fred Jackson.

-----------------------------------

Tom Withers@twithersAP 1h1 hour ago

#Bills have reportedly released RB Fred Jackson, could be an option for #Browns.
Rumors were flying about Ray Rice but now I would think Jackson is the more attractive signing.

Now that Jackson has been released by the Bills I could certainly see a RB needy team snatch him up. He looked good recently with about 45 yards and a score.
Maybe Dallas?
Rotoworld -

The Dallas Morning News reports the Cowboys have no interest in free agent RB Fred Jackson "at this time."
"At this time" is a very important part of the report. Reports have suggested the Cowboys are comfortable with their committee of Joseph Randle, Darren McFadden and Lance Dunbar, but that could change if the trio struggles early in the season. Jackson went to high school in the Dallas area.

If Dallas waits he won't be there. I'm pretty sure someone will gobble him up within the next few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I were Dallas I would be getting Jackson in ASAP.

A proven NFL back with that line? Oh my. He would have a career year in Dallas and they need a real proven RB. No question.

Users who are viewing this thread