What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** FFA Heavy Music Thread - No banal, anodyne "Dad Rock" BS here.. (1 Viewer)

I was going to mention that it may not belong in this thread but we don’t have a thread for heavy dad rock.   It’s definitely more my speed since I’m not a fan of much of the truly heavy stuff these days.  I’m getting old.  
Oh I understand. I listen to way heavier #### at 52 than I did at 32, but it can wear on you.

Been decades since we've talked!

I am too lazy to see if I'm repeating myself, but here are some albums that I've been binging during covid. All of these albums are killer, and if you give each of them a couple songs, I guarantee you'll find your new favorite metal band here:

Legion of the Damned Son of the Jackyl
Decapitated Carnival is Forever
Decaying Shells Will Fall
Rotting Christ Rituals
Tombs Monarchy of Shadows
Hideous Divinity Simulacrum
Vader Solitude in Madness
Deathhammer Onward to the Pits

Really devastated to hear about Power Trip vocalist Riley Gale passing away. About three or four years ago, the band played my small town at a tiny club. I didn't know about the show and really didn't know the band anyway, so I missed it. So last time they came around Northern Cali opening for High on Fire a few months ago, there's no way I was going to miss them. F****** great show. Riley was a dynamic live performer. 

Riley was a kind, smart chap. This 14 minute interview with a wonderful teen boy reveals Riley's character.

This blistering 16 minute live show captures RIley's gifts as a performer.

RIP...

I live in Dallas and I still don’t know how Riley Gale died. I assume it was one of two things though. There’s been quite an outpouring of love for him since he passed which is really cool and a little surprising. Guess Power Trip is bigger than I thought, even around here. 

I know what you mean. This one is great though.   I didn't think that other song was part of the new album, but im not really sure.
They are both on the new album:

Fortitude tracklist

1. “Born For One Thing”
2. “Amazonia”
3. “Another World”
4. “Hold On!”
5. “New Found”
6. “Fortitude”
7. “The Chant”
8. “Sphinx”
9. “Into The Storm”
10. “The Trails”
11. “Grind”

Looks like they have a date for their tour in Milwaukee.  I might have to try to catch that, even if I go solo.  

Over the years, I've found myself moving away from metal from time to time. As a die hard metalhead growing up, there really wasn't a lot of room for other types of music. I ventured into jazz, classical, punk and have gone back to old school rock, metal and even 60's music. But it always gets me psyched when I find myself back on a metal kick again. I think it started back up with Deafheaven but it really got going by following the doom subreddit. Doom metal has always been my favorite sub-genre of metal and I'm really digging bands that I missed over the past couple of decades like Electric Wizard (currently my favorite), OM, Sleep, Acid Mammoth, YOB, Monolord, Windhand, Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats and so many more that I've only heard a little from so far. 

I feel re-energized!  :headbang:

jamny said:
Over the years, I've found myself moving away from metal from time to time. As a die hard metalhead growing up, there really wasn't a lot of room for other types of music. I ventured into jazz, classical, punk and have gone back to old school rock, metal and even 60's music. But it always gets me psyched when I find myself back on a metal kick again. I think it started back up with Deafheaven but it really got going by following the doom subreddit. Doom metal has always been my favorite sub-genre of metal and I'm really digging bands that I missed over the past couple of decades like Electric Wizard (currently my favorite), OM, Sleep, Acid Mammoth, YOB, Monolord, Windhand, Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats and so many more that I've only heard a little from so far. 

electric wizards - dopethrone is a classic.

Im more of a stoner rock guy than doom. but the genres blend - monster magnet, kyuss, nebual, fu manchu. anything JOsh Homme or Brant Bjork touch I like.

electric wizards - dopethrone is a classic.

Im more of a stoner rock guy than doom. but the genres blend - monster magnet, kyuss, nebual, fu manchu. anything JOsh Homme or Brant Bjork touch I like.
Yeah, although I came for the doom, having been a huge fan of Candlemass and St. Vitus back in the day, I'm staying for the stoner/sludge and blackgaze. I know Monster Magnet and Kyuss but will look into the others you mentioned.

dopethrone is incredible, as is Come My Fanatics. Also love Sleep's Dopesmoker. I haven't smoked any weed in 3 years but it definitely makes me want to!

Yeah, although I came for the doom, having been a huge fan of Candlemass and St. Vitus back in the day, I'm staying for the stoner/sludge and blackgaze. I know Monster Magnet and Kyuss but will look into the others you mentioned.

dopethrone is incredible, as is Come My Fanatics. Also love Sleep's Dopesmoker. I haven't smoked any weed in 3 years but it definitely makes me want to!
fu manchu - evil eye & the mongoose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqYeedwEA4E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5lDAnufRHI

Nice. Doom is good stuff. I've seen YOB and Pallbearer live and they were both great. 

Users who are viewing this thread