What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Fake News Thread **** Who's to Blame? (1 Viewer)

Again, this feels like "user error" to me.  It's not hard at all to distinguish news reporting from editorials.  If I say, "Tom Brady is the greatest QB in NFL history" I don't need to preface that with a disclaimer that it's only my opinion.  It's obviously an opinion.  Would it make sense for me to cry "FAKE NEWS" if ESPN had an article with that title on the same page as an article reporting the outcome of the Super Bowl?  Of course not.  This is nothing new.  My local paper routinely has editorials on the front page alongside news stories.  It's never been a problem.  
Fair point.

I totally agree.  But the problem comes when all the editorials swing one way.

For instance, you don't expect to go to a right-wing blog and see pro-Hilary Clinton articles.  Likewise, you don't expect to go to Huffington post or another liberal blog and see pro Donald Trump propaganda.  

But you would expect CNN, Fox News, NBC to show some semblance of balance in their coverage.

Great example is ESPN.  The Patriots were hated by much of the country.  Can you imagine if ESPN ran story after story of pro-Falcon and anti-Patriot news articles?  Yeah sometimes bias creeps in.  But by and large, they try to mix it up, show both sides of the story.  They'll have a few articles from people who think the Pats will win, and a few from people who think the Falcons will win.  They usually try to be fair (although I'm sure many fans would disagree).

With many mainstream news sources, it's anti-Trump 24/7.  Now to be fair, he brings a TON of it on himself.  I'm not bothered when there's an article on Trump's latest tweet, because he's the one tweeting this garbage 4-5 times a day.

But when there is a significant issue, such as the travel ban, or the wall...the coverage is completely biased.  The media feels that the travel ban is a bad thing, and they report on it as such, despite the fact that pretty close to half of the country they are reporting in feels it's a good thing (depending on the polls you believe in).  So where's the coverage for that side of the house?  I know, they aren't educated, they are xenophobic, blah blah blah.  But at least go out and try to find legitimate opinions that represent half of your viewership.
Well I think you raise two different points.

- The networks cable and public alike were ESPN'ized a long time ago. That is entertainment rules over reporting. That's the first thing. However IMO reporting does not require equal time or being fair and balanced. Just report the facts, they fall where they may. Unfortunately, if we have the time (rare), to get the full picture you'd watch Fox for the conservative side, MSNBC for the liberal side, then CNN for some level of basic reporting.

On the comprehension side, I find CNN's insistence on maximizing a rotation of hack pundits - Jeff Lord and Van Jones just for instance - as totally distracting. Everything they say is predictable and useless. And I really don't care what campaign or political press agents say about a given subject in terms of evaluating the fact as they are self-serving.

- About your second point, which is kind of nested in there...

I do not think reporters should be covering based on the audience. Look at your main complaint. We're upset that 'news' agencies are reporting based on entertainment and clickbait, not just the facts. Well you can't have it both ways. Maybe it's a value judgement but I say leave the audiences out of it. It's bad enough we have a populist president, I don't want a populist press too.

However by the same token I've seen more than one article by news professionals saying that reporters need to militate against Trump and actively oppose him. That's also wrong.

I'm sorry if people aren't happy with coverage of the the immigration EO. Overall I think it's been fair and accurate, but then I have a pretty strong opinion on it myself, so maybe what I see is 'normal' and factual is not viewed that way by others, I get that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, this feels like "user error" to me.  It's not hard at all to distinguish news reporting from editorials.  If I say, "Tom Brady is the greatest QB in NFL history" I don't need to preface that with a disclaimer that it's only my opinion.  It's obviously an opinion.  Would it make sense for me to cry "FAKE NEWS" if ESPN had an article with that title on the same page as an article reporting the outcome of the Super Bowl?  Of course not.  This is nothing new.  My local paper routinely has editorials on the front page alongside news stories.  It's never been a problem.  
I would still argue that many people not very good at distinguishing between the two due to information inundation and media practices designed to make money rather than inform (as noted above), as well as confirmation biases (also noted above).

I certainly agree that opinion pieces should not be considered "fake news", nor should misreporting (as also mentioned by some above).  But now fake news is its own meme that people use for anything that contradicts what they believe (a la Mr. President).

Mrs. Abe rolls solo in Washington (CNN of course):

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/10/politics/melania-trump-akie-abe-washington/index.html?sr=twpol021017melania-trump-akie-abe-washington0618PMVODtopLink&linkId=34367657

and Social Media captures them greeting each other:

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/830150000701239296

beyond awful.  At some point CNN really deserves to lose all viewership  
Because they reported the very fact that you claim they didn't?  This is in the link you posted.

Mrs. Trump, who has decided to live in New York through the end of the school year with her and the President's son Barron, was on hand to greet the Abes Friday afternoon and flew with them and her husband aboard Air Force One to Palm Beach, Florida, for a weekend stay at Mar-a-Lago.

I get it.  But when that article has a prominent placing on CNN, when it doesn't have a big OPINION splattered on it, and when all the editorial articles are slanted in one direction, it shows clear bias.

All these sites do a great job of mixing their opinion articles and their news articles.  It's all a big blur.  It's not as if that article is on a  "CNN Editorial" section of their website.  It's right at the front.
Exactly.  Much of today's "reporting" is just opinion pieces with selective facts or quotes that help drive the original direction.  They have lured the lines so much and people can't tell the difference anymore.  Plus, people tend to only read or view news stations that point in the direction they view. So most readers/viewers are already somewhat biased and then adding the heavy "opinion reporting" is just adding fuel to the fire. 

A real interesting site is allsides.com

it takes current issues and shows the headlines from left, right and center biased news outlets along side each other.  It's amazing how the narrative changes. 

A real interesting site is allsides.com

it takes current issues and shows the headlines from left, right and center biased news outlets along side each other.  It's amazing how the narrative changes. 
Newsdiffs is also good. You can see how headlines and text is changed after initial posting (for some sites not all...).

Mrs. Abe rolls solo in Washington (CNN of course):

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/10/politics/melania-trump-akie-abe-washington/index.html?sr=twpol021017melania-trump-akie-abe-washington0618PMVODtopLink&linkId=34367657

and Social Media captures them greeting each other:

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/830150000701239296

beyond awful.  At some point CNN really deserves to lose all viewership 
I don't think I see the failed reporting here.

- Melania was on hand to greet the Abes in Palm Beach. - That was reported.

On two pre-scheduled Washington stops Friday, one to Gallaudet University and the other to attend a National Cherry Blossom Festival committee meeting at the Japanese embassy, the first lady of Japan, Akie Abe, was alone, without Mrs. Trump to guide her.
- This is true, no?

Ren Ho3k:

CNN says it's ILLEGAL for you to read the Wikileaks/Hillary Clinton emails
I think you are either confused by what CNN said, or confused by the site that you linked.

The CNN anchor says "It's illegal to possess these stolen documents."

That is very different thing from "illegal to read the documents".

"read" and "possess" are not synonyms.

CNN says it's ILLEGAL for you to read the Wikileaks/Hillary Clinton emails
The fact that it's illegal to download or transfer classified documentation without authorization is technically true, Cuomo however is a certified moron for saying 'it's different for the media.' That's one of the most ludicrous things ever. He really is an idiot.

oh no, that sucks!
Cuomo again is a bit of an idiot IMO but the guy is doing his job and the camera cut out. he wouldn't be the first anchor to get exasperated when he loses his guest due to technical issues. If you work on a computer for your job you'd probably say the same thing if your system shut off in the middle of a project.

Saints:

I don't think I see the failed reporting here.
Either Dodds fell for fake news or he seriously believes that CNN should be bankrupted because it mentioned Melania's meeting in the 5th paragraph instead of the 1st or 2nd one.

Saints:

Either Dodds fell for fake news or he seriously believes that CNN should be bankrupted because it mentioned Melania's meeting in the 5th paragraph instead of the 1st or 2nd one.
I think what happens a fair amount (and speaking of WL it happened there a lot) people read what a blog or post on some site says about reporting without reading the piece. There seems to be a comprehension breakdown in this country.

Cuomo again is a bit of an idiot IMO but the guy is doing his job and the camera cut out. he wouldn't be the first anchor to get exasperated when he loses his guest due to technical issues. If you work on a computer for your job you'd probably say the same thing if your system shut off in the middle of a project.
The timing of it just seemed odd, didn't it? I don't think his response came off very sincere.

You know I think every single one of the big networks has their moments, Fox MSNBC all of them, but CNN is just such unreal garbage sometimes that I don't know how they are somehow relevant enough to play in the background at doctors offices and mechanic shops.  

Ren Ho3k:

I think you are either confused by what CNN said, or confused by the site that you linked.

The CNN anchor says "It's illegal to possess these stolen documents."

That is very different thing from "illegal to read the documents".

"read" and "possess" are not synonyms.
That still doesn't explain why people can only hear about it through CNN.  Is that true?  People can only hear about wikileaks from CNN? 

The timing of it just seemed odd, didn't it? I don't think his response came off very sincere.

You know I think every single one of the big networks has their moments, Fox MSNBC all of them, but CNN is just such unreal garbage sometimes that I don't know how they are somehow relevant enough to play in the background at doctors offices and mechanic shops.  
You're probably preaching to the choir with me on Cuomo, he is unabashedly partisan.

A bigger problem to me is bringing in the brother/son of 2 NY Dem governors as an 'anchor', his POV is typically overt and he's overly emotional to boot. I don't entirely disagree with you on your overall point I just didn't think this was a great example.

Ren Ho3k:

That still doesn't explain why people can only hear about it through CNN. Is that true? People can only hear about wikileaks from CNN?
That's not quite what the CNN anchor said. He said "It's different for the media, so everything you're learning about this, you're learning from us" -- and by "us", he clearly means "the media", not "CNN".

Now, what the anchor said is obviously not true. But it's clearly not the same thing as if he had said "People can only hear about it through CNN".

"can only hear about it from us" is not synonymous with "are learning from us".

Ren Ho3k:

That's not quite what the CNN anchor said. He said "It's different for the media, so everything you're learning about this, you're learning from us" -- and by "us", he clearly means "the media", not "CNN".

Now, what the anchor said is obviously not true. But it's clearly not the same thing as if he had said "People can only hear about it through CNN".

"can only hear about it from us" is not synonymous with "are learning from us".
I'm surprised anyone is defending this.  

FBI director: Public should know of agenda-driven fake news

WASHINGTON (AP) — FBI Director James Comey said Americans should be aware of foreign efforts to undermine confidence in U.S. elections and mindful of the possibility that what they're reading might be part of an organized disinformation campaign.

U.S. adversaries, including Russia last year, have "used all kinds of vectors to try and influence and undermine our own faith in our democratic processes" and have relied on increasingly sophisticated tactics, the FBI director warned.

Speaking at a Newseum event Wednesday night, he said the FBI would be transparent in publicly calling out efforts to meddle in American politics and that the public also should take steps to guard against foreign influence.

"The most important thing to be done is people need to be aware of the possibility that what they're reading has been shaped by troll farms looking to push a message on Twitter to undermine our confidence" about the electoral process, Comey said.

U.S. intelligence agencies said in a January report that Russian efforts to interfere in last year's American presidential election in favor of Republican Donald Trump included paid social media users, or "trolls." Part of the goal was to spread information to "denigrate" Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, who lost the November election, according to the report.

The FBI is investigating, including whether the Kremlin coordinated with Trump campaign associates.

During a question-and-answer session, Comey said the FBI would do everything it could to "identify, investigate and then call out foreign efforts" to influence an election.

"One of the most important things we can do is be transparent about efforts to interfere with our process 'cause then those interference efforts lose some of their force," he said.

The FBI does not generally discuss open or ongoing investigations. The FBI has said its counterintelligence investigation began last July.

..."If you see the world through sides, the FBI doesn't make a lot of sense to you 'cause you're saying, 'Why did they help this person?'" and hurt someone else, Comey said.

"We don't see the world that way. We are not on anybody's side, we really don't care. We're trying to figure out what's true, what's fair, what's the right thing to do," he added.

The question-and-answer session took place following a public showing of an episode of a new USA Network documentary series, "Inside the FBI: New York."
https://apnews.com/981fa961d82943c88e5270595c473958/FBI-director:Public-should-know-of-agenda-driven-fake-news?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP_Politics

One of my best friends was in the CIA for several years, for all I know he is still with them although he denies it strongly. Going back about 15 years ago he shared with me some tidbits, talked about some of the training they had him doing but also mentioned how much propaganda they were feeding the major networks. Fake news is nothing new.

One of my best friends was in the CIA for several years, for all I know he is still with them although he denies it strongly. Going back about 15 years ago he shared with me some tidbits, talked about some of the training they had him doing but also mentioned how much propaganda they were feeding the major networks. Fake news is nothing new.
I read several books on this in the early '80's.   The media has shaped what they want us to hear and have forever.  It's laughable that someone thinks this is a new thing.

I read several books on this in the early '80's.   The media has shaped what they want us to hear and have forever.  It's laughable that someone thinks this is a new thing.
Yes, media has been shaping us decades.  But the landscape today is very different in scale and kind.  It used to be that three major networks would essentially set the message and there was a significant commonality among Americans for the amount of information and sources of news.  Now the speed and volume of information available, not to mention that it is essentially a direct pipeline to the majority of people, causes an information overload and the ability for people to much more easily get locked in to a niche of their choice (or that they at least go along with).  To the extent that anyone wants to control that, it is far easier to drive wedges in between people.  This is essentially what these foreign governments (and others) are being accused of.  Whereas the shaping used to be more of a unifying force, which doesn't make it right, but it changes the way that we should think about the influence of information on us today.

Yes, media has been shaping us decades.  But the landscape today is very different in scale and kind.  It used to be that three major networks would essentially set the message and there was a significant commonality among Americans for the amount of information and sources of news.  Now the speed and volume of information available, not to mention that it is essentially a direct pipeline to the majority of people, causes an information overload and the ability for people to much more easily get locked in to a niche of their choice (or that they at least go along with).  To the extent that anyone wants to control that, it is far easier to drive wedges in between people.  This is essentially what these foreign governments (and others) are being accused of.  Whereas the shaping used to be more of a unifying force, which doesn't make it right, but it changes the way that we should think about the influence of information on us today.
Good post.   Also back then, the newspapers had a much greater effect on people also.

This fake news stuff is out of control. I am teaching kids about NAZI Germany and the 36 Olympics. We watched a short little video on Jesse Owens. A kid is telling me that the Jesse Owens stuff is fake and that he didn't really beat the Germans. Where are people getting this stuff???

Gingrich spreads conspiracy theory about slain DNC staffer

Former House speaker Newt Gingrich, a stalwart supporter of President Trump, used a Sunday-morning appearance on “Fox and Friends” to spread the conspiracy theory that former Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich was killed last year to cover up the true story of how WikiLeaks obtained tens of thousands of hacked Democratic Party emails.

“We have this very strange story now of this young man who worked for the Democratic National Committee, who apparently was assassinated at 4 in the morning, having given WikiLeaks something like 53,000 emails and 17,000 attachments,” Gingrich said.

“Nobody’s investigating that, and what does that tell you about what’s going on? Because it turns out, it wasn’t the Russians. It was this young guy who, I suspect, was disgusted by the corruption of the Democratic National Committee. He’s been killed, and apparently nothing serious has been done to investigative his murder.

With no pushback from the Fox hosts, Gingrich shared innuendos that got new life last week after Rod Wheeler, an occasional contributor to Fox News whom a conservative donor had paid to probe Rich’s death, told local Fox affiliate WTTG 5 that he had new evidence. On Monday, Wheeler claimed to have sources at either the FBI or the D.C. police department who apparently knew that evidence existed of Rich — who was fatally shot in July — contacting WikiLeaks but that an unnamed person had told investigators to “stand down.”

By Thursday, after follow-up questioning from CNN and NBC News, Wheeler had largely recanted his story, and Rich’s family had rejected Wheeler’s most explosive claim — that Rich’s laptop was in police custody. But Friday, and over the weekend, Fox News host Sean Hannity continued to suggest that Rich was killed in a cover-up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2017/05/21/gingrich-spreads-conspiracy-theory-about-slain-dnc-staffer/?utm_term=.eb4f38c7260c

French President Emmanuel Macron on Monday called out two Kremlin media outlets for spreading “deceitful propaganda” during France’s recent election — while standing next to Russian leader Vladimir Putin.

Speaking in remarkably frank terms about Sputnik and Russia Today, Macon said the two organizations “did not behave like press outlets, but behaved like agents of influence and propaganda” that spread “serious falsehoods.”
http://nypost.com/2017/05/29/macron-blasts-russian-fake-news-campaign-to-putins-face

It comes down to trust in the mainstream press.  If you look at charts you see that trust was very high until the 1970s and then took a series of 3 major hits. 

1.   The resignation of Nixon.   The media lauds woodward and bernstein but the fact is the media's credibility suffered permanent damage by helping to force out Nixon.  A good chunk of republicans gave up on the media.   It looks like republican trust fell from around 70% to 50%.  

2.  The media turned against the Iraq War in 2003.  Republican trust hovered around 50% until the media turned against the war.  Then on the chart you see it drop into the 30% range and it never recovers. Its a fair question at this point to ask if the Iraq War issue was a net gain or net loss for dems.  By opposing it, they ruined Bush and got Obama elected, but there is now everlasting damage in the rise of alt-right media. 

3.  BLM / illegal immigration / cop brutality issues in 2016.  With only 30% of republicans left trusting the mainstream press,  a convergence of these issues pushed them all over the edge.  Republicans vastly favored the coverage offered by alt-right media on these issues and the mainstream press never made an adjustment.  As a result, GOP trust in the media zeroed out.  Today, around 0% of republicans trust the mainstream press. 

This didnt happen all at once.  It was a slow burn.   Multiple missteps chipped away at credibility over 50 years until half the nation walked away and started getting their news elsewhere.  And im sure the last thing they want to hear from the media that disgusted them is that their new trusted media is fake. 

It comes down to trust in the mainstream press.  If you look at charts you see that trust was very high until the 1970s and then took a series of 3 major hits. 

1.   The resignation of Nixon.   The media lauds woodward and bernstein but the fact is the media's credibility suffered permanent damage by helping to force out Nixon.  A good chunk of republicans gave up on the media.   It looks like republican trust fell from around 70% to 50%.  

2.  The media turned against the Iraq War in 2003.  Republican trust hovered around 50% until the media turned against the war.  Then on the chart you see it drop into the 30% range and it never recovers. Its a fair question at this point to ask if the Iraq War issue was a net gain or net loss for dems.  By opposing it, they ruined Bush and got Obama elected, but there is now everlasting damage in the rise of alt-right media. 

3.  BLM / illegal immigration / cop brutality issues in 2016.  With only 30% of republicans left trusting the mainstream press,  a convergence of these issues pushed them all over the edge.  Republicans vastly favored the coverage offered by alt-right media on these issues and the mainstream press never made an adjustment.  As a result, GOP trust in the media zeroed out.  Today, around 0% of republicans trust the mainstream press. 

This didnt happen all at once.  It was a slow burn.   Multiple missteps chipped away at credibility over 50 years until half the nation walked away and started getting their news elsewhere.  And im sure the last thing they want to hear from the media that disgusted them is that their new trusted media is fake. 
It's simpler than this IMO.  When the media channels decided to go 24/7 and fill 90% of that time with opinion :hophead:  it became difficult for the average person to decipher between the "news" and "opinion".  They intentionally conflate both now to fill time and draw eyeballs.  This sort of "turning" on the media was going to happen regardless of what events happened IMO.

James McDaniel's website claimed Barack Obama was plotting a coup from a secret bunker and Hillary Clinton was a child-sacrificing maniac.  The site got more than one million views within two weeks, and hundreds of thousands of likes and shares
Despite aiming to write stories no-one would believe, James McDaniel found Trump supporters who believed that Barack Obama had been plotting a coup from a secret bunker near the White House, and that the British singer Adele had demanded he be jailed for such treachery.

They believed that Obama had tweeted “Trump must be removed as president by any means necessary”, and when one commenter, ‘Truthseeker’, dared suggest the story ‘Obama ran paedophile ring out of White House’ might possibly be fake, he was told: “Really “Truthseeker” if you had ANY clue of the truth, you’d KNOW that Wikileaks hasn’t published ONE thing that has been false. So please use your own mind. Stop listening to MSM [mainstream media] and realize what the TRUTH really is.”

Another commenter, ‘Mary’, said caustically: “Truthseeker? Really … but the truth is bothering you?”

She then – apparently without irony – posted a link to the now notorious ‘Pizzagate’ fake news story, about an alleged a Democratic child sex ring in a Washington pizza parlour, which had prompted one credulous reader to walk into the restaurant with a semi-automatic rifle and open fire.
article: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/fake-news-donald-trump-supporters-gullible-believe-anything-barack-obama-paedophile-hillary-clinton-a7623441.html

He decided to come clean after seeing the furious, unquestioning reaction when he falsely alleged that actress Whoopi Goldberg had said Carryn Owens, the widow of a dead US serviceman, had been “just looking for attention” when she attended Donald Trump’s speech to Congress.

http://www.alternet.org/grayzone-project/leaked-emails-expose-how-uae-and-saudi-arabia-work-us-media-push-war

Emails show top UAE diplomat heaping praise on Washington Post pundit for running coordinated pro-Saudi propaganda.  
This email is part of a larger leak that appears to be a politically motivated hack in response to attempts by Saudi Arabia and the UAE to isolate Qatar.

Emails obtained by other media outlets show the UAE ambassador collaborating with the right-wing, pro-Israel think tank Foundation for Defense of Democracies to develop strategies against Iran.
Under the Trump administration, Otaiba’s influence has grown. He is especially close to the president’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, who has been tapped as a diplomatic jack-of-all-trades despite have entered Washington with no experience in government. Kushner, whose family has forged close ties to Israel’s Likud Party, has been described as Otaiba’s student, relying on him as a guide to the Middle East.

A Pro-Trump Conspiracy Theorist, a False Tweet and a Runaway Story

Jack Posobiec had his Twitter sights set on James B. Comey.

A pro-Trump activist notorious for his amateur sleuthing into red herrings like the “Pizzagate” hoax and a conspiracy theory involving the murder of a Democratic aide, Mr. Posobiec wrote on May 17 that Mr. Comey, the recently ousted F.B.I. director, had “said under oath that Trump did not ask him to halt any investigation.”

It mattered little that Mr. Comey had said no such thing. The tweet quickly ricocheted through the ecosystem of fake news and disinformation on the far right, where Trump partisans like Mr. Posobiec have intensified their efforts to sow doubt about the legitimacy of expanding investigations into Trump associates’ ties to Russia.
Once Mr. Posobiec pushed the send button on Twitter, the conservative media machinery kicked into gear. Later that day, Breitbart News published an account of Mr. Comey’s May 3 testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee under the headline “Comey Under Oath: ‘Have Not Experienced Any Requests to Stop FBI Investigations.’”

GotNews.com, a website that often misrepresents media accounts of the Russia investigation to cast Mr. Trump in a more favorable light, repeated the claim but also raised the possibility of a more serious offense. Mr. Comey, the site said, might have perjured himself if he had claimed in a memo — as outlets including The New York Times have reported — that Mr. Trump pressured him to call off an investigation into Mr. Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn.

The next day, the perjury question was the subject of an article on InfoWars, the home of Alex Jones, a conspiracy theorist who has called the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks an inside job and questioned whether the 2012 massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., really happened. InfoWars had almost five million visitors in the last month.

That afternoon, Mr. Limbaugh was also onto the story, telling his audience, “Comey said, under Senate oath, he had never been pressured to halt any investigation.” As evidence, Mr. Limbaugh read straight from the GotNews.com article. The whole Russia investigation, he declared, is “a political witch hunt.”

That account of the Comey testimony has lived on in the weeks since, with Sean Hannity of Fox News citing it as recently as Tuesday night. “And by the way,” he insisted on his program, “James Comey also said it never happened.”

So, Fox has been caught at least 3 times publishing verifiably fake stories. What has CNN been caught doing? Maybe asking some protesters to move a few feet? That's the best we can find?

Headline from PJ Media: Government Owes Taxpayers Billions for Wasted Russia Investigation

Actual article:

But, although billions may be an exaggeration, I'd bet my house and everybody else's that when you added it all up, the number would be staggering on legal fees and research alone, not to mention the extraordinary waste of legislative time better spent on myriad topics far more consequential to the public. It would be fascinating if some eager investigative reporter would take it on her/his self to explore this

So, Fox has been caught at least 3 times publishing verifiably fake stories. What has CNN been caught doing? Maybe asking some protesters to move a few feet? That's the best we can find?
It gets much worse I'm afraid.  Fox, CNN and MSNBC are all horrible.  Tv news is awful in general because it's generally filtered at the whim of 6 or so mondo corporations.  

Jake Tapper is occasionally pretty honest but there isn't much else doing at CNN.  

Cnn's own former cameraman larping as a protester

Cnn implying heavy illegality at viewing wikileaks, only news media can cover them

Cnn fake satellite interview

Cnn anchor and 'technology analyst' completely ignorant of what 4chan is

Scahill obliterates cnn on their own airwaves

I'm guessing you remember Cnn's Kate Bolduan crying over images of Omran Daqneesh, the Syrian boy injured in an air strike.  What's hardly been reported at all is how upset the boy's father was that images of his son were being used to push a false narrative.  

And Raslan, one of the photographers taking the original images of Omran, can be seen here cavorting and laughing with Zinki terrorists.  Who beheaded a child themselves.

Cnn (and most corporate media) is all over child casualties when it suits a prowar narrative.  But it generally doesn't care about civilian casualties caused by Western forces.  It's war propaganda.  

Cnn's coverage can range anywhere from wacky, bizarre, and unprofessional to straightup establishment propaganda.  They certainly aren't the only ones but the 'fake news' moniker certainly fits.

Users who are viewing this thread