What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (14 Viewers)

Just an update on the Achanes market value in my startup in case anyone cares (Meno won't, lol).
Achane went pick 24.
Worthy pick 31.
Brian Thomas 51 as the 6th rookie off the board.

uh seems off somehow. shouldn't 1.3 be paying a bit steeper price?
I don't think so.

Nabers and Odunze is a coin flip for most. If anything I'd say giving up pick 13 (am writing off the 3rds as equal) to move from 2 to 3 might be an overpay. Freirmeuth barely registers as an asset for me at least but may have more significance to someone else.

I made a similar trade to this a few days ago which was;

1.03 and 2.04
for
1.02 and 2.12.

Both parties quite happy. Nobody is going to give up anything significant to get from 3 to 2.

I don't think so.

Nabers and Odunze is a coin flip for most. If anything I'd say giving up pick 13 (am writing off the 3rds as equal) to move from 2 to 3 might be an overpay. Freirmeuth barely registers as an asset for me at least but may have more significance to someone else.

1.03 and 2.04
for
1.02 and 2.12.

Both parties quite happy. Nobody is going to give up anything significant to get from 3 to 2.
Fair enough. Was thinking Friermuth was close to 2.1, but maybe thats his TEP value and regular PPR is much lower.

I don't think so.

1.03 and 2.04
for
1.02 and 2.12.

I moved down. The guy at 1.3 also has 1.1 and DJ Moore. To me, its basically a coinflip, so yeah moving up to the top of round 2 with back to back 2.1/2.2 picks was the move I was into to move down 1 spot. I also have the 1.2 in 3 other leagues so wanted to slightly diversify and get Odunze in one. I DO slightly value Nabors more, but its like 52/48

Fair enough. Was thinking Friermuth was close to 2.1, but maybe thats his TEP value and regular PPR is much lower.
I don't do PPR or TEP but I'd be surprised if he's moving the needle in any meaningful way outside of TEP.
He is currently consider TE16-19 range in TE+ and I think that is generous due to the Pitt QB/OL issues
Maybe if Fields takes the QB job quickly, he might make TE10-12 range ... but his ceiling is very limited IMO.

Just an update on the Achanes market value in my startup in case anyone cares (Meno won't, lol).
Achane went pick 24.
Worthy pick 31.
Brian Thomas 51 as the 6th rookie off the board.
Where did Brooks go?

Seems to me that the market is way overvaluing Achane.
Not sure in that draft but in 7 startups that have gone Achance has been picked in 6 of them with an ADP of 3.2.

Brooks has been picked in just 3 of them with an ADP of 4.9.

I am not suprised Achane is going higher, I think I indicated he would remain as rookie 5. I am surprised Brooks is going a little lower in startups but mainly surprised that he's gone lower in the two rookie drafts I've seen so far.

None of it changes my mind. Some really bad people at this game, and I'm not trying to go in lock step with them.

I don't think so.

1.03 and 2.04
for
1.02 and 2.12.

Personally I wouldn’t give more than a low 2 / high 3 for him.

Nobody is going to give up anything significant to get from 3 to 2.
I agreed with almost everything in your post but think this is an overstatement. I’m at 1.2 with a player I like significantly higher. It would take an awful lot for me to consider 1.3. Conversely if I was 1.3, I’d try to buy low, but be willing to pay what it takes to a likeminded owner. There is a big difference between consensus ranking and subjective need/willingness, and it could be targeting either option.

FFPC 1 QB contending

I get - 1.2, 1.3, Kyren Williams and Kittle

I give - Justin Jefferson, Breece Hall, Travis Kelce

Is that enough? I countered asking for 1.1 to be included and other owner thinks I am nuts

FFPC 1 QB contending

Is that enough? I countered asking for 1.1 to be included and other owner thinks I am nuts
Giving up the best pieces , I’d rather hold. You’re contending why would you trade off those 3? Even if you’re rebuilding. Kyren on the down trend with Corum getting drafted imo. I don’t think it’s enough unless 1.01 is in the mix. But as a contender still a hold.

FFPC 1 QB contending

JJ > anyone you'll get at 1.02 and 1.03
Hall > Williams
Kittle = Kelce

You're getting 4 quarters for 2 dollars

Thanks guys just doing a sanity check and agree with all of you. It isn't close without the 1.1 and even with it many if not most prefer Jefferson and Hall (I was willing to roll the dice). I know I kinda broke the rules for the thread here and will not make a habit of it. TX!

I agreed with almost everything in your post but think this is an overstatement. I’m at 1.2 with a player I like significantly higher. It would take an awful lot for me to consider 1.3. Conversely if I was 1.3, I’d try to buy low, but be willing to pay what it takes to a likeminded owner. There is a big difference between consensus ranking and subjective need/willingness, and it could be targeting either option
in non-SF, I’m sitting at 3 and slightly hoping Rome falls to me but really don’t care. I wouldn’t give anything of substance to move up.

I agreed with almost everything in your post but think this is an overstatement. I’m at 1.2 with a player I like significantly higher. It would take an awful lot for me to consider 1.3. Conversely if I was 1.3, I’d try to buy low, but be willing to pay what it takes to a likeminded owner. There is a big difference between consensus ranking and subjective need/willingness, and it could be targeting either option.
That's fine as well Jim. There will be people who have a personal take on one player over another and it may be significant enough for them to require something meaningful to move. In a general sense this isn't the case and my response was simply explaining that. I'm not saying you are wrong to hold your view either, but explaining the relatively modest difference of moving between 3 and 2 can be attributed to the two players in question, Nabers and Odunze, generally being valued quite similarly.

I personally have Nabers higher and I'd have been prepared to pay more than I ended up doing so to make the move, but I think what I did pay was fair value given the consensus.

Our rookie draft started on Wednesday and there has been an unprecedented number of trades during the 1st round. It's a 12 team, PPR league, start 1 QB, 1 flex for RB/WR/TE. The first trade made was already posted in this thread on Wed. afternoon (Team A gave CD Lamb to Team B for picks 1.02 (Nabers) and 1.04 (Bowers)) so here are the remaining trades in order:

Last year Team A finished 12 -2 but lost in a semifinal. Team B finished 3 - 11. Team C was 8 - 6, beat Team A in a semifinal and then lost in the final. Team E finished 11 - 3 and lost in a semifinal. Teams D, F, and G were non-playoff teams.

Thanks guys just doing a sanity check and agree with all of you. It isn't close without the 1.1 and even with it many if not most prefer Jefferson and Hall (I was willing to roll the dice). I know I kinda broke the rules for the thread here and will not make a habit of it. TX!
The Dynasty Value thread is a pretty good place to break down trade offers like this. That's not it's main purpose, but especially this time of year, it ends up having more of those kinds of posts than not.

Just to be clear, I said I thought nobody is going to is the overstatement - definitely not arguing that everybody is going to.
Yes. I should have been a little less definitive in how I stated it for sure.

Too much time on forums trying to justify myself and my silly opinions has probably made my language a bit dogmatic. That and being an opinionated arse.

I don’t understand this one at all.
You have arguably the QB1 in any format.
You throw him back for a rookie of TBD value.

This is the kind of move that nets you a 1.01 in a year or 3.

I would get it if it were “had Hurts & Allen, traded Allen, got MH2.” or some such.

But as stated this is absolutely baffling.

Team A gives up way too much for Worthy. I get dealing aging assets, but in a competitive league, one could more than 1.09 + 2.09 for Allen/Adams.

Dude has rookie fever, and he has it bad. This one isn’t as bad as the Josh Allen give-away.

That's fine as well Jim. There will be people who have a personal take on one player over another and it may be significant enough for them to require something meaningful to move. In a general sense this isn't the case and my response was simply explaining that. I'm not saying you are wrong to hold your view either, but explaining the relatively modest difference of moving between 3 and 2 can be attributed to the two players in question, Nabers and Odunze, generally being valued quite similarly.

I personally have Nabers higher and I'd have been prepared to pay more than I ended up doing so to make the move, but I think what I did pay was fair value given the consensus.
Yes, understood. Being at 1.2, it's a topic I have given long & hard thought to, asking myself what it would take to pass on my preference. It's a value opportunity for the 51/49 mindset owner no doubt. Trends showing the FF community being divided is exactly what I'd argue trying to limit cost of moving up. Just really pointing out there are guys who fall in love with one of Nabers/Odunze who will overpay for certainty vs coinflip. I have historic scars refusing to pay a premium when every fiber of my being told me to (missed Fitzgerald by one pick and got Reggie Williams) and others where overpay became justified (e.g. in 2009 I traded 1.6+2010 1st to owner of 1.5, and sniped McCoy over Shonn Green). YMMV, but I'm one of those who will overpay to get my target. In dynasty, I hate settling for guys I don't love more than I fear being wrong.

Our rookie draft started on Wednesday and there has been an unprecedented number of trades during the 1st round. It's a 12 team, PPR league, start 1 QB, 1 flex for RB/WR/TE. The first trade made was already posted in this thread on Wed. afternoon (Team A gave CD Lamb to Team B for picks 1.02 (Nabers) and 1.04 (Bowers)) so here are the remaining trades in order:

Last year Team A finished 12 -2 but lost in a semifinal. Team B finished 3 - 11. Team C was 8 - 6, beat Team A in a semifinal and then lost in the final. Team E finished 11 - 3 and lost in a semifinal. Teams D, F, and G were non-playoff teams.
To add some context as well, appears Team A decided to blow-up their team for a full on rebuild/fire sale. IMO, they probably could have rolled it back again this year to compete but their team was aging out quickly and weak at RB and it's assets other than Lamb were likely going to lose value very quickly. There's also a couple of powerhouse teams in this league that dominate nearly every year and somehow pull off great trades to reload nearly every year.

I would get it if it were “had Hurts & Allen, traded Allen, got MH2.” or some such.

Yeah this one stuck out to me too. I don’t see how this makes any sense for a guy that’s been dominant at his position. Even in a 1QB he’s a difference maker.

Even in a 1QB he’s a difference maker.
I would suggest that *especially* in 1 QB Allen is a difference maker. He’s the Konami code QB who gets you those sweet rushing yards/TDs on the ground.

The drop-off in tiers in 1 QB is steeper in 1 QB than SF.

It’s possible that Caleb is also that, but in this deal he’s sending away Allen for a player whose absolute ceiling is…Allen. lol

Yes, understood. Being at 1.2, it's a topic I have given long & hard thought to, asking myself what it would take to pass on my preference. It's a value opportunity for the 51/49 mindset owner no doubt. Trends showing the FF community being divided is exactly what I'd argue trying to limit cost of moving up. Just really pointing out there are guys who fall in love with one of Nabers/Odunze who will overpay for certainty vs coinflip. I have historic scars refusing to pay a premium when every fiber of my being told me to (missed Fitzgerald by one pick and got Reggie Williams) and others where overpay became justified (e.g. in 2009 I traded 1.6+2010 1st to owner of 1.5, and sniped McCoy over Shonn Green). YMMV, but I'm one of those who will overpay to get my target. In dynasty, I hate settling for guys I don't love more than I fear being wrong.
There's also something to be said for which side of these transactions you are on as well.

I had 3 and wanted to move up to 2. The guy at 2 was having a hard time deciding between the two players anyway and getting a little bump was enough for him to be happy to have me make the decision for him. If I was at 2, even knowing that the value difference between the two players was similar, it would have cost him a lot more than it cost me in reverse. Moving off 'your guy' will always involve paying a higher price I think. You are in essence trading away something you have already and one thing in this game that has become abundantly clear to me over the last few years is that people very often value what they've got by quite a bit more than everyone else does.

Yeah this one stuck out to me too. I don’t see how this makes any sense for a guy that’s been dominant at his position. Even in a 1QB he’s a difference maker.
Well, you know, Allen is an elderly 28 this year. He probably only has 15 years left in the league.

FFPC 1 QB contending

I’d do it myself if you pulled the RB’s out of the deal. Now not sure that works for the other guy but if it did I’d do that.

FFPC 1 QB contending

Nope. Never no way nada nyet!

JJ+Hall = 2 of the best assets in the game. Kittle is 30, inconsistent, and often dinged up. Kyren is likely gonna take a hit to his value with the rookie RB they just drafted.

Please for the love of dog, do not make that deal. It’s not remotely close to enough.

I’m not sure I’d take that package for Hall alone. Or JJ alone.

FFPC Triflex (superflex, TE premium, start 3 WR)

I was not involved.

Team A gave: Bryce Young, 1.04, 1.06
Team B gave: CJ Stroud, 2.02

The team that got Stroud is absolutely terrible and still has the 1.01.

I was not involved.

Team that got Stroud just made a great deal & will be markedly less terrible with Stroud & the 1.01

What a bargain for Stroud in SF

I was not involved.

Team that got Stroud just made a great deal & will be markedly less terrible with Stroud & the 1.01

What a bargain for Stroud in SF
Agreed. I was surprised Stroud was so cheap. I have him in an IDP/SF league and I wouldn't make that deal. You need the 1.04/1.06 QB you pick to be in the same ballpark of Stroud for this to be anywhere to close.

Users who are viewing this thread

• joey