What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*****Official 2022 Senate Elections Thread***** (2 Viewers)

You have a reasonable poster saying Walker sounds like an actual politician- dude has been a total moron for years.  He will win for two reasons - he’s an R and he’s a Dawg.  It’s that simple.
I have listened to many interviews with Abrams. She’s a flame thrower but you can’t deny she is an eloquent speaker and knowledgeable of government and qualified despite what you think about her politics.

Hershel sounds like a guy who ran into stuff as hard as he could for a living. 

I have listened to many interviews with Abrams. She’s a flame thrower but you can’t deny she is an eloquent speaker and knowledgeable of government and qualified despite what you think about her politics.

Agree - that’s why I find the take bizarre and off base.  I’ve listened to Walker talk for 40+ years.  On his best day he doesn’t sound like Abrams when she’s drunk.

Agree - that’s why I find the take bizarre and off base.  I’ve listened to Walker talk for 40+ years.  On his best day he doesn’t sound like Abrams when she’s drunk.
To be clear, the phrase "he sounds like" was referring to the biography of him that the General posted, not to his manner or tone of speech.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Bro.    He has a life time speech issues.   You know who else talks like he has marbles in his mouth  Joe Biden.

We can move on if you want, here is what The General said:

”Hershel struggles to put together a sentence. He says nothing of substance in the few interviews I have heard, what he does say is riddled with inaccuracies. He has zero experience, has some dubious issues in his past, refused to debate other candidates. ”

I disagree with Stacey on things and think she should have admitted defeat and moved on.  The two of them are nothing alike - Herschel is a celebrity and a dumb one at that.  
Good thing he is running against warnock.

You're welcome to your opinion.  I feel you are completely wrong.  I feel she acted despicably in regards to Atlanta and the All Star Game and played a part to cost the state and residents lots of money.
How does this make her like Herschel Walker?

We can move on if you want, here is what The General said:

”Hershel struggles to put together a sentence. He says nothing of substance in the few interviews I have heard, what he does say is riddled with inaccuracies. He has zero experience, has some dubious issues in his past, refused to debate other candidates. ”

I disagree with Stacey on things and think she should have admitted defeat and moved on.  The two of them are nothing alike - Herschel is a celebrity and a dumb one at that.  
That's fine we can move on.  Walker wouldn't be my choice either.  My issue with Abrams is way beyond the not admitting defeat.  It has more to do with trying to pander to people politically who she helped to harm in trying to cause the MLB All Star Game to move.  To me, that is something personally I never would excuse.  I'd rather have someone who is an empty suit than someone who does that.

Well, I personally prefer the All Star Game issue, others might choose the fact she never admitted she lost to

Kemp

, but any/all.
Doesn't seem an apt comparison to putting a pistol to your wife's head and telling her you were going to blow her ####### brains out

You're welcome to your opinion.  I feel you are completely wrong.  I feel she acted despicably in regards to Atlanta and the All Star Game and played a part to cost the state and residents lots of money.
You may dislike her opinions.  You may feel she has acted wrongly.  Right or wrong on those things, there's still a significant difference.  Herschel Walker likely can't add 5 + 19 and get the right answer.  There is zero chance he understands the ideas behind legislative, executive, and judiciary or other basic concepts of government.  Dislike Abrams all you want, there's a difference.

Doesn't seem an apt comparison to putting a pistol to your wife's head and telling her you were going to blow her ####### brains out
You asked me what sounded like her in that biography, I chose "dubious issues", you asked and I answered.  So now to try and make your argument you are taking it further by trying to say I'm equating an issue that was never brought up.  Good job.

You may dislike her opinions.  You may feel she has acted wrongly.  Right or wrong on those things, there's still a significant difference.  Herschel Walker is beyond stupid.  As in, he likely can't add 5 + 19 and get the right answer, stupid.
He may well be, I feel like she's a fraud.  I said it earlier and I'll stand by it, I'd prefer an empty suit to someone like that.  There are one issue voters, be it gun control, abortion, 2A, for me it's usually fiscal policy.  But specifically I draw the line at acts I feel someone took who caused financial harm to constituents for their own gain.  You can disagree and I won't begrudge you for that, but that's my personal feeling.

You asked me what sounded like her in that biography, I chose "dubious issues", you asked and I answered.  So now to try and make your argument you are taking it further by trying to say I'm equating an issue that was never brought up.  Good job.
Sorry, not trying to twist your words. Just pointing out that dubious issues have degrees. And if they are enough degrees away, they aren't really all that comparable

"Hershel 'sounds' like a guy who ran into stuff as hard as he could for a living."

You.
It’s the content of his words. They come across as someone with a loose grasp of reality and facts.

He says “at one time, science said man came from apes, did it not…That's what's interesting, though. If that is true, why are there still apes? Think about it”

He says Trump never said the election was stolen that was “reporters” who said it.

Asked about the latest school shooting, ““What I like to do is see it and everything and stuff.” 

He lies about his businesses, his education, his income. He he had a machine that sprayed the Covid off of you that “they” don’t want you to know about. 

I get he played football for the Bulldogs and that’s awesome to remember and all. That he has a 50/50 shot to be in the Senate is embarrassing. 

I don't think your supposed to say that word when describing how a poc speaks.

Desantis was labeled a racist when he used the e word to describe Gillum. So be careful it's not politically correct these days.

I don't think your supposed to say that word when describing how a poc speaks.

Desantis was labeled a racist when he used the e word to describe Gillum. So be careful it's not politically correct these days.
I don’t know what any of this means.

I will keep that in mind. 

In any case, I have enjoyed listening to Abrams speak eloquently on a variety of topics and have been impressed with her in interviews. I appreciate when people who could have power over my life can speak to a variety of topics in a thoughtful manner. She also has some pretty sharp political elbows. Her effectiveness as a politician ultimately will be weighed if she can win elections. 

In any case, I have enjoyed listening to Abrams speak eloquently on a variety of topics and have been impressed with her in interviews. I appreciate when people who could have power over my life can speak to a variety of topics in a thoughtful manner. She also has some pretty sharp political elbows. Her effectiveness as a politician ultimately will be weighed if she can win elections. 
Has she conceded the last election yet?

If you can convince her to move to your locale to give her that power, I'll pay for the moving van

Seems like people want to avoid talking about Hershel. This dude is the pick to be one of 100 US Senators. :coffee:

Well done Georgia. 

@The GeneralHey I was just busting your chops a little. I got it wrong anyway after reading Snotbubbles link the word DeSantis used to describe Gillum was articulate. Which then got him labeled as a racist. Eloquent is close though isn't it? I can be a little vocabulary impaired at times.

Anyway just trying to have a little fun.

Is she clean? Well spoken? A fairy tail?

Serious question.   Why is she being compared to H.Walker?   He isn't running against her.

@The GeneralHey I was just busting your chops a little. I got it wrong anyway after reading Snotbubbles link the word DeSantis used to describe Gillum was articulate. Which then got him labeled as a racist. Eloquent is close though isn't it? I can be a little vocabulary impaired at times.

Anyway just trying to have a little fun.
It’s all good Rusty. I didn’t get poc was an abbreviation.

Seems like people want to avoid talking about Hershel. This dude is the pick to be one of 100 US Senators. :coffee:

Well done Georgia. 
I like hershel.   A straight edge.   Pulled himself up.   NFL.  Olympian.  MMA.

He is qualified.   Unfortunately he is a republican.     He gotta go.

Is she clean? Well spoken? A fairy tail?

Serious question.   Why is she being compared to H.Walker?   He isn't running against her.
Great question! She was brought up along with Biden for some reason. Probably because a clown show candidate was selected. 

I mean, he's alive and an American citizen, Georgia resident, and over 30 years old, so technically yes. But as far as having the experience and knowledge befitting of a US Senator? No, he does not have those things. 
Sometimes I wonder if any of our sitting Congressman have either of those two things.

It’s the content of his words. They come across as someone with a loose grasp of reality and facts.

He says “at one time, science said man came from apes, did it not…That's what's interesting, though. If that is true, why are there still apes? Think about it”

He says Trump never said the election was stolen that was “reporters” who said it.

Asked about the latest school shooting, ““What I like to do is see it and everything and stuff.” 

He lies about his businesses, his education, his income. He he had a machine that sprayed the Covid off of you that “they” don’t want you to know about. 

I get he played football for the Bulldogs and that’s awesome to remember and all. That he has a 50/50 shot to be in the Senate is embarrassing. 
The content of his words?    Biden has been walked back 3x about tiawan.

Yea man branched off from apes.   There are still apes because there was a branch.  I should probably  look for your comments  on KBJ.  I mean HWalker isn't a biologist he should have just said I can't even tell you what a woman is.

About the third gotcha comment on the latest school shooting.   Would you like me to find Biden comments about off the cuff responses?   The man has issues there.   Like biden

I'm not sure if walkers boasts are as good as bidens.   But they are on par at worst.   Biden was a liar and unsuccessful till he figured out how to enrich his family.    At least HW. made his money honestly.

Supporting Warnock is embarrassing. 

I mean, he's alive and an American citizen, Georgia resident, and over 30 years old, so technically yes. But as far as having the experience and knowledge befitting of a US Senator? No, he does not have those things. 
Yet we elected Obama.   And you had no problem with that.   Heck walkers experience  dwarfes Obama.   Except reading a teleprompter 

The content of his words?    Biden has been walked back 3x about tiawan.

Yea man branched off from apes.   There are still apes because there was a branch.  I should probably  look for your comments  on KBJ.  I mean HWalker isn't a biologist he should have just said I can't even tell you what a woman is.

About the third gotcha comment on the latest school shooting.   Would you like me to find Biden comments about off the cuff responses?   The man has issues there.   Like biden

I'm not sure if walkers boasts are as good as bidens.   But they are on par at worst.   Biden was a liar and unsuccessful till he figured out how to enrich his family.    At least HW. made his money honestly.

Supporting Warnock is embarrassing. 
This is all laughable. Sorry man.

That you go to say he’s somehow like Biden or whatever who you think is the worst ever is an odd direction to take this :lol:  

Users who are viewing this thread