What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*****Official 2022 Senate Elections Thread***** (2 Viewers)

Ha.  See the Canadian Marijuana Market for an example.  The companies can't turn a profit because the costs of production, taxes and other overhead have made it difficult to stay in business (in addition to the fact that most a poorly run).  
There’s a balance. Don’t know the Canadian pot industry but in my area it’s kind of a mess. There can be a way to tax these things to the point where you don’t bleed them out. For weed or booze honestly not too worried about this other than it’s kind of dumb to kill a stream of income. I’d think that would work itself out, as in if they tax it to the point the money flow starts going down, well they have gone too far. 

Trickier with energy because we need it. 

Mike Durant just conceded in the AL primary.  Britt and Brooks to the runoff.  Durant peaked too early, led in the polls and declined to do debates with the other candidates. 

the football player?  That walker?  He a Republican?  Wut?
Yep, watching him and Bo Jackson square off head to head in college was an incredible sight.  Two just phenomenal athletes in their prime.  Had the good fortune as a kid to be in the stands for that one.

Yep, watching him and Bo

Jackson

square off head to head in college was an incredible sight.  Two just phenomenal athletes in their prime.  Had the good fortune as a kid to be in the stands for that one.

Wow.  That's awesome.  I hope you at least got pics!

Wow.  That's awesome.  I hope you at least got pics!
I was just a kid.  Had a t shirt from the game for years.  When I cleaned out my parents house a little over a year ago I looked for old things like that but never ran across it.  Met both of them years later at different times.

Looking like Henry Cuellar is going to survive yet again in TX-28

ETA: Wasserman saying now NYT info was bad and one county was reported that they thought was outstanding, this thing is under 200 votes with some left that may be favorable to Cisneros.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, watching him and Bo Jackson square off head to head in college was an incredible sight.  Two just phenomenal athletes in their prime.  Had the good fortune as a kid to be in the stands for that one.
I was initially going to say that you must have misremembered, since I was sure Walker's and Jackson's college careers didn't overlap, but Google says your memory was spot on. It was Jackson's freshman year and Walker's junior (and final) season. Pretty cool.

I cannot possibly imagine this guy in the Senate.  He's downright incoherent.  Actually, I guess he'll fit right in with some of the others.

He's dumb but he will do exactly what his bosses tell him so he's perfect for the party.  That's all that matters right now.  Half these guys couldn't spell a 3 syllable word...remember intelligence is elitism

You know he had a speech problem similar to Biden.   I'm glad you won't be using that as an excuse for biden verbal flubs.
I was unaware that Walker had a speech impediment and I thank you for making that known.

That said, speech impediment or no, he is not someone that should be representing anyone in any capacity other than football.

I was unaware that Walker had a speech impediment and I thank you for making that known.

That said, speech impediment or no, he is not someone that should be representing anyone in any capacity other than football.
Well I'm glad to know you are now in charge of who can be elected.   Can you disqualify Debbie Stabenow.    She is dumb as a rock.

No but he had some mental health issues.   You have a problem  with that he got help and got better.   
I have a lot of sympathy for people with serious mental health issues. That doesn't mean I'm not wary of entrusting them with a great deal of political power, national security information, etc, especially since the kind of stuff Walker has described sounds way beyond clinical depression.

Also, when Walker suggested on Nov. 6, 2020 that swing states should hold re-run elections, was that before or after he "got better"?

I have a lot of sympathy for people with serious mental health issues. That doesn't mean I'm not wary of entrusting them with a great deal of political power, national security information, etc, especially since the kind of stuff Walker has described sounds way beyond clinical depression.

Also, when Walker suggested on Nov. 6, 2020 that swing states should hold re-run elections, was that before or after he "got better"?
He could have just been wrong.   And mental health had nothing to do it.

I agree, I was just being flip. I don't think the remark had anything to do with mental illness, but rather his constitutional ignorance and complete lack of qualifications.
That's fine.

You know what the actual qualifications are to run for office are?    Of course you do.   If he gets elected he is qualified.

That's fine.

You know what the actual qualifications are to run for office are?    Of course you do.   If he gets elected he is qualified.
Yes, I think it was pretty obvious that I wasn't implying Walker wasn't a US citizen and Georgia resident, or that he was younger than 30 years old, but rather stating my subjective opinion that he is not up to the job of being US Senator. And that's not necessarily something to be ashamed of. Most people -- myself very much included -- aren't qualified to be senators. And irrespective of their party, race, gender, age, etc., those people shouldn't get elected, IMO. If you ever see my name on a senate ballot, I would urge you not to vote for me (although I would find it hilarious if Ignatius J Reilly ever got enough write-in votes to be elected mayor of New Orleans).

Yes, I think it was pretty obvious that I wasn't implying Walker wasn't a US citizen and Georgia resident, or that he was younger than 30 years old, but rather stating my subjective opinion that he is not up to the job of being US Senator. And that's not necessarily something to be ashamed of. Most people -- myself very much included -- aren't qualified to be senators. And irrespective of their party, race, gender, age, etc., those people shouldn't get elected, IMO. If you ever see my name on a senate ballot, I would urge you not to vote for me (although I would find it hilarious if Ignatius J Reilly ever got enough write-in votes to be elected mayor of New Orleans).
I'd rather be governed by the first 535 people in the phone book than people who are approved by certain people.

If I see anyone named Ignatius he is getting my vote.

What qualifications do you need to be a Senator?  You meet with lobbyists, other Senators, political nominees and go to committee hearings.  Your staff will read through and summarize bills for you.  

What qualifications do you need to be a Senator?  You meet with lobbyists, other Senators, political nominees and go to committee hearings.  Your staff will read through and summarize bills for you.  
I get the cynicism, but all I can say is that this kind of "lol nothing matters" attitude is exactly how we ended up with Trump

ignatiusjreilly said:
I get the cynicism, but all I can say is that this kind of "lol nothing matters" attitude is exactly how we ended up with Trump

No, we ended up with Trump because people were tired of the establishment politicians.  

I doubt he'll be Warnock.  All of Walker's skeletons will be coming out.  Warnock has a huge campaign war chest.
Hershel struggles to put together a sentence. He says nothing of substance in the few interviews I have heard, what he does say is riddled with inaccuracies. He has zero experience, has some dubious issues in his past, refused to debate other candidates. 

With all that I’ll put his chances at 50/50 :lol:

Hershel struggles to put together a sentence. He says nothing of substance in the few interviews I have heard, what he does say is riddled with inaccuracies. He has zero experience, has some dubious issues in his past, refused to debate other candidates. 

With all that I’ll put his chances at 50/50 :lol:
Short of the stuttering and debates he sounds a lot like Stacey Abrams. 

Hershel lives in bubble

He is delusional. If he reads a script, memorizes about 8 lines, avoids talking about beating his ex-wife, talks about Georgia football he’ll be in the Senate. 

We are definitely looking at The Rock being the president within 20 years. 

Hershel lives in bubble

He is delusional. If he reads a script, memorizes about 8 lines, avoids talking about beating his ex-wife, talks about Georgia football he’ll be in the Senate. 

We are definitely looking at The Rock being the president within 20 years. 
As soon as he planned to run I was resigned to him winning.  You have no idea how popular this guy is down here.  

You sound completely ridiculous with this take.  Disagree with her all you want this is just completely wrong.
You're welcome to your opinion.  I feel you are completely wrong.  I feel she acted despicably in regards to Atlanta and the All Star Game and played a part to cost the state and residents lots of money.

I get he’s popular. But for ####s sake…the Senate. Just shaking my head.
You have a reasonable poster saying Walker sounds like an actual politician- dude has been a total moron for years.  He will win for two reasons - he’s an R and he’s a Dawg.  It’s that simple.

So if I live in a certain part of Georgia, my choice for senate is Hershal Walker or Ralph Warnok? Yikes. 

Users who are viewing this thread