What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2022 Pro Cycling Thread*** - Let's Remco the Vuelta (1 Viewer)

I took him and Pogacar.  The rest of my team is pretty bad.  Lol

I always take Pierre Rolland, Thibaut Pinot and Romain Bardet cause I like those guys.

The rest was trying to find guys that fit my remaining budget.

I stink at this.  I just play along cause I like watching the tour.
I just picked guys I'm rooting for, so right there with you.

Watching today's replay.  Holy cow the first hill was amazing.  Magnus Cort, a Dane, way out in front to keep his polka dots.  That hill was 10 deep people - looked like a Mardi Gras parade and everyone was going nuts.  All for a 4th category 180ft. climb.  Here's to hoping they go back at some point - Denmark loves this race.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm thinking the whole freaking country is out on the route. 

He’s had two 2nd place finishes. I’ll take the over.   Love me some WVA
The underperformance continues.

:sadbanana:

ETA:  Looking at the standings it's pretty cool to see Cort as the only guy with points.  2 stages and he's claimed all of them.  Took him 185 miles of solo riding, but he's got the jersey for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching today's replay.  Holy cow the first hill was amazing.  Magnus Cort, a Dane, way out in front to keep his polka dots.  That hill was 10 deep people - looked like a Mardi Gras parade and everyone was going nuts.  All for a 4th category 180ft. climb.  Here's to hoping they go back at some point - Denmark loves this race.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm thinking the whole freaking country is out on the route. 
for realz!!  just the best.  if i'd have thunk it through, i would have picked some random dane, just because of this madness.  i LOVE it!!   cort had his arms up for what seemed like 10 minutes on the podium and the crowd was going ape #### the whole time.  so awesome.  and the 2 arm salute yesterday as he went through the cat 4 barrier!!

The underperformance continues.

:sadbanana:

ETA:  Looking at the standings it's pretty cool to see Cort as the only guy with points.  2 stages and he's claimed all of them.  Took him 185 miles of solo riding, but he's got the jersey for a while.
only person ever to claim the first 6 KOM stages. 💪

@DA RAIDERS @-jb- @grateful zed @BassNBrew @tri-man 47 @culdeus @Sand @Sammy3469 @Steve Tasker @Dinsy Ejotuz @orcinus @ffldrew @Kafka @El Floppo 

@NewlyRetired @proninja @AAABatteries

Do you hippies still follow the tour?  It starts tomorrow. Froom, Roland, and a few others you have heard of are still in it ;)   

@DA RAIDERS @-jb- @grateful zed @BassNBrew @tri-man 47 @culdeus @Sand @Sammy3469 @Steve Tasker @Dinsy Ejotuz @orcinus @ffldrew @Kafka @El Floppo

@NewlyRetired @proninja @AAAABatteries
I’d love to be able to immerse myself in the coverage, but we’re at our summer cottage without internet (just hotspot usage for my laptop) and no viable tv options.  I might try to catch some after our grandsons leave later next week.  Thanks for the alert about the start of this year’s race.

I’d love to be able to immerse myself in the coverage, but we’re at our summer cottage without internet (just hotspot usage for my laptop) and no viable tv options.  I might try to catch some after our grandsons leave later next week.  Thanks for the alert about the start of this year’s race.
GCN Racing on YouTube does some great, succinct, recaps of all stages that may be worth checking out if you have some time to kill and want to keep up:  https://www.youtube.com/c/gcnracing

DA RAIDERS said:
only person ever to claim the first 6 KOM stages. 💪
Just noticed at the beginning of this stage that there are now 2 people on the KOM points list.  Quinn Simmons was docked a KOM point for riding off the course.  So now the points list is:

Magnus Cort         6

Quinn Simmons   -1

:lmao:    :lmao:

Just noticed at the beginning of this stage that there are now 2 people on the KOM points list.  Quinn Simmons was docked a KOM point for riding off the course.  So now the points list is:

Magnus Cort         6

Quinn Simmons   -1

At the end of the stage WvA was in 2nd place with +1 point ;)

Magnus Cort         6

Quinn Simmons   -1

they amended that statement today.  previous record was 7.  it's now port's, at 11.

Jumbo-Visma crushed the peloton today. Gonna be tough on the cobbles tomorrow.

Thought this was supposed to be Jonas Vingegaard and Primo Roglic featured in the GC? Wout went beast mode and ride everyone off his wheel today. Impressive.

Cobbles in a grand tour are absolutely bananas. Carnage all over the road today...  velogames teams will be in shambles. 

Today was a fun day to watch. Too bad Powless didn't win the stage or get the yellow jersey. I can't see Pogacar not winning.
Dude is in 2nd. I hope he goes for it tomorrow.  Great ride.

Awesome to see an old horse like Clark uncork a pretty awesome sprint like that.  Good for him.

Wout was back to being a domestique yesterday, trying to tow Jonas Vingegaard. S5 was so chaotic for Jumbo, and Primož is probably already toast. Terrible luck the shortest guy on the team has to swap bikes with the tallest - presumably the team car was having difficulty getting to him with the narrow roads.

Some of those cobble stages yesterday produced apocalyptic imagery. Can’t imagine it’s much fun sucking in that much dust. Then you get back on normal grade and your tyres are slippery af.

Brutal finishing climbs today. Not watching yet but if there’s a breakaway I expect the peloton to reel them back in before the long flat. Then it’s gonna be epic suffering getting up those last three climbs. Monumental day ahead.

Wout was back to being a domestique yesterday, trying to tow Jonas Vingegaard. S5 was so chaotic for Jumbo, and Primož is probably already toast. Terrible luck the shortest guy on the team has to swap bikes with the tallest - presumably the team car was having difficulty getting to him with the narrow roads.

Some of those cobble stages yesterday produced apocalyptic imagery. Can’t imagine it’s much fun sucking in that much dust. Then you get back on normal grade and your tyres are slippery af.

Brutal finishing climbs today. Not watching yet but if there’s a breakaway I expect the peloton to reel them back in before the long flat. Then it’s gonna be epic suffering getting up those last three climbs. Monumental day ahead.

Besides being a cheater that needs to be relegated to last place 😉, Van Aert is a freaking machine.  He's in the break today and had to work his butt off to get there.  I would love to see him build a 5 min GC lead and watch the choas that ensues.

I expect him to win tomorrow and gain a fair amount of time while doing so. 
Amazing power reserve after the last climb. He tried to attack that last Cat 3 and broke it off. There’s no other rider that would have anything left after expending that much.

i hope someone can challenge him.  otherwise it's gonna be a snoozer.  should have picked tadej.  i thought primoz would challenge him this year.

oof... I missed this: Daniel Oss broke his neck in a collision with fans during the cobbles.  He rubbed some dirt on it and finished the stage, but he was a DNS in stage 6. Hardcore. 

Thibaut Pinot takes a shot to the face from one of the people handing out feed bags.  Just getting his self back on his bike after a fall.  🤦🏼‍♂️

And... here come the positive COVID tests. After popping into the top-10 yesterday, Guillaume Martin will not finish a race he started for the first time ever today.

The Alpe d'Huez stage will not broadcast live unless you have Peacock. I guess I'll have to avoid spoilers and watch the reair at 3.   Thanks stupid golf.  

Nick Vermeil said:
The Alpe d'Huez stage will not broadcast live unless you have Peacock. I guess I'll have to avoid spoilers and watch the reair at 3.   Thanks stupid golf.  
What!  Boo... hiss!!

Users who are viewing this thread