What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL 2021-22 FBG Playoff Subscriber Contest**** (1 Viewer)

I think you have to almost be a lock unless it's a 6-3 game.  Posting 3 scores puts you up on a majority of the teams.  Having a Qb and a stud puts you in pretty rare company.  I don't expect the cut to move as much as the others games.  With this being the closest game on paper per Vegas, you would have to think most people didn't invest heavily here.

I think we'll end up 148-150 with an upper end of 155.

Need a couple touchdown receptions by Edmonds :oldunsure:

-QG

BassNBrew said:
... Unfortunately I was foolish enough to think Dallas would win a playoff game so I'm toast after this week.

I'm in the same boat with Dallas, as my roster is built for a KC/DAL Superbowl. At this point, I have to hope for the least likely remaining NFC team to face KC.  Not sure who that would be.  Maybe Arizona?

Sitting at 210.9 with Sony Michel, Matt Gay, and Antoine Wesley going tonight. At this point, I highly doubt I'll make it past the third round.

oh well guess I'm done lol.  If it possible for a player to destroy their reputation in 26 minutes of playoff football then Kyler has done it :eek:

-QG

In a year with no clear-cut favorite I went for broke: Bengals vs. Rams or bust. It conveniently added up to $250 so I left it alone after just one try. 

Joe Burrow $30 

Joe Mixon $25

Samaje Perine $6

JaMarr Chase $24

Tee Higgins $22

C.J. Uzomah $8

Drew Sample $2

Evan McPherson $10

Cincinnati Bengals $6

Matthew Stafford $27

Sony Michel $11

Cam Akers $6

Darrell Henderson $3

Cooper Kupp $32

Odell Beckham $12

Tyler Higbee $12

Matt Gay $8

Los Angeles Rams $6 
I picked the same Superbowl. I didn't think anyone else would be crazy enough to do it.

Anyone else feeling that Sony Michel regret right now?  That Akers value is sick now, as am I.

It seems I got two doses...I had Darrel Williams too. 

Went with KC/DAL, with a small backup plan of CIN and LAR.  I don't like my chances...spent too much capital on DAL. Good luck all.

Patrick Mahomes
Darrel Williams
Tyreek Hill

Joe Burrow
Tyler Boyd

Matthew Stafford
Sony Michel
Odell Beckham

Dak Prescott
Tony Pollard
CeeDee Lamb
Dalton Schultz

Anyone else feeling that Sony Michel regret right now?  That Akers value is sick now, as am I.

It seems I got two doses...I had Darrel Williams too. 

Michel was good for 4.5 ypc whereas Akers was 3.2 ypc.  Hopefully McVay adjusts touches accordingly.

I also have Darrell Williams and Michel.  The former may not end up hurting as much as the latter, as I've got a Bills/Ram superbowl.  If this was SB week, my Rams/Bills would have totaled ~162 points.  Actual scoring 167; moving on.

oh well guess I'm done lol.  If it possible for a player to destroy their reputation in 26 minutes of playoff football then Kyler has done it :eek:

-QG
The recent Rams dominance over the Cards is very strange / something needs to be done as its unacceptable for a division rival to be whatever the record is something like 9-1 Rams in the last 10 matchups.

Saturday, January 22nd
4:30 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 3.5 ) at Tennessee ( -3.5 ) —- T: 47
8:15 PM EST : San Francisco ( 5.5 ) at Green Bay ( -5.5 ) —- T: 47.5

Sunday, January 23rd
3:00 PM EST : Rams ( +3.5 ) at Tampa Bay ( -3.5 ) —- T: 48.5
6:30 PM EST : Buffalo ( 2.5 ) at Kansas City ( -2.5 ) —- T: 54

When I projected win totals, I forgot that KC was the 2 and Tenn was the 1 seed (because I'm a moron), so I was expecting KC to beat Cin and Buffalo to beat Tenn.  The practical upshot of this error is that I spent too much on KC (I project loss vs Buffalo) and not enough on Cinn or Tenn (whoevever wins that game...I expect the underdog Cinn to win).

This further erodes my outlook for Week 3, where I will only have Tee Higgins and MVS in addition to my Rams and Bills. I thought I would have Darrell Williams, Byron Sprinkle and MVS.  Maybe that's a push.  Either way it will be hard for me to score more than 130 if I make it to week 3.

Congrats to the 2289 that made it, hopefully we weed out more that have no chance to make the SB....the 147.55 cutoff must be the highest 1st round in recent memory. 

As for me - I still have a chip and a chair coming in 689th.....

Last edited by a moderator:
QB - Patrick Mahomes II - 40
QB - Tom Brady - 39
QB - Aaron Rodgers - 36
QB - Jimmy Garoppolo - 14
RB - Darrell Henderson - 3
WR - Davante Adams - 33
WR - Deebo Samuel - 18
WR - Christian Kirk - 9
TE - Travis Kelce - 34
TE - Rob Gronkowski - 24

Still alive! want the Henderson money back but aside from Kirk all advance. Margin for error is so slim. Need packers Bucs nfc championship and Chiefs run to super bowl.

Saturday, January 22nd
4:30 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 3.5 ) at Tennessee ( -3.5 ) —- T: 47
8:15 PM EST : San Francisco ( 5.5 ) at Green Bay ( -5.5 ) —- T: 47.5

Sunday, January 23rd
3:00 PM EST : Rams ( +3.5 ) at Tampa Bay ( -3.5 ) —- T: 48.5
6:30 PM EST : Buffalo ( 2.5 ) at Kansas City ( -2.5 ) —- T: 54

When I projected win totals, I forgot that KC was the 2 and Tenn was the 1 seed (because I'm a moron), so I was expecting KC to beat Cin and Buffalo to beat Tenn.  The practical upshot of this error is that I spent too much on KC (I project loss vs Buffalo) and not enough on Cinn or Tenn (whoevever wins that game...I expect the underdog Cinn to win).

This further erodes my outlook for Week 3, where I will only have Tee Higgins and MVS in addition to my Rams and Bills. I thought I would have Darrell Williams, Byron Sprinkle and MVS.  Maybe that's a push.  Either way it will be hard for me to score more than 130 if I make it to week 3.

You will be fine in week 3 if you're correct on your picks.  6 of 8 slots is huge, especially when 4 of them are locks to be high scores.  The week 3 scores won't be triple digits.

I went KC/GB.  11 SB and praying I can make it past week 1 :lol:

Patrick Mahomes  
Darrel Williams
Byron Pringle
Mecole Hardman
Demarcus Robinson
Travis Kelce

Aaron Rodgers 
Aaron Jones
Davante Adams
Randall Cobb
Marcedes Lewis

Zack Moss 
Dawson Knox

C.J. Uzomah

Raiders D

Robbie Gould

Matt Prater  

Arizona Cardinals
I'm pleasantly surprised I made it to week 2. TE's killed it for me

Went Cincy/GB SB heavy, but made sure I included a bunch of guys projected to score 15 points or so who could get me through Week 1: Najee, Sony, CeeDee & Chase Edmunds.  They managed to combine for 16 points.  When does the 2022 Regular Season Contest start again?

I have 8 players going this week with KC/GB SB. Too bad I had made a late change away from Akers/I forget who to D Harris/H Henry woof.

0 Bengals or Titans or Packers
2 dead Cowboys
1 dead Cardinal
Mahomes + 1 of Tyreek + Kelce + 3 other Chiefs
Stafford + 1 of Kupp + OBJ + Higbee
Sanders + Moss
Vaughn + Bell

I think I will need another big week from Vaughn and Sanders, hope for Moss to fall in the endzone and maybe catch a couple passes. Bell didn't get a snap did he? This will be thin to get thru this week. I gotta figure there is a *lot* of dead money out there though.

86th place

Will need some sort of miracle as Dal was one of my SB teams.

14 players/$91 dead

20 players/$159 remaining (That's 6 players on KC, and 2 players on every other team still alive)

The team in 1st for the week I mean why even play ? You pick 2 players from every team and almost none of them are the studs you need in the Super Bowl.  Sure you are going to advance but if you have zero chance to win when the Superbowl comes why play ?

Alot of teams near the top did the same thing it is if they don't understand how you actually win the contest.

This is also why people who try to actually win by going heavy on 2 teams then filler to try and get bye the other rounds get knocked out because so many do this stupid 2 player thing for all the teams.

The team in 1st for the week I mean why even play ? You pick 2 players from every team and almost none of them are the studs you need in the Super Bowl.  Sure you are going to advance but if you have zero chance to win when the Superbowl comes why play ?

Alot of teams near the top did the same thing it is if they don't understand how you actually win the contest.

This is also why people who try to actually win by going heavy on 2 teams then filler to try and get bye the other rounds get knocked out because so many do this stupid 2 player thing for all the teams.
Maybe they were actually trying to win using a different approach than the majority of contestants?

I think that's what you were trying to do. Don't think I have ever seen a roster that big. Since I have a snowballs chance in Florida of going to even week 3. I'm going to be pulling for ya. I like the different approach. 
Yep, the largest roster I've ever used. Thanks for the cheers!

I finished 2nd out of over 8,800 participants in 2016 with a much smaller roster. I had 9 players in the SB that year with a third of them being odd choices. The most I could have this year is 9 also but with 2/3 being odd choices. Regardless, I don't think I'll make it to the final round this year.

I picked the same Superbowl. I didn't think anyone else would be crazy enough to do it.
This is too funny! If we won we would've split the $1,000 and avoided the IRS >$600 report. Too bad we got bounced after just one week.

It was a hasty decision to try to go all in one just two teams, but now I see that the overall strategy was deeply flawed. I'll put that in my back pocket for next year and spread out the players among other teams. 

The Cardinal melt down probably crushed any chance, but big scores among my few remaining team players and an SF upset of Green Bay might give me a chance.

have Mahomes and Pringle, Two of Burrow, Chase and Mixon and two of multiple 49ers. Of course best scenario is Chiefs, Bengals and 49ers all advancing.

stuckinthemuck said:
This is too funny! If we won we would've split the $1,000 and avoided the IRS >$600 report. Too bad we got bounced after just one week.

It was a hasty decision to try to go all in one just two teams, but now I see that the overall strategy was deeply flawed. I'll put that in my back pocket for next year and spread out the players among other teams. 
It's not a terrible strategy. You need to stack 2 teams that you think will make the Superbowl, sprinkle in enough of other players to sneak just above the cut line. That is the only winning strategy. You and I just picked the wrong sprinkles (or maybe not enough sprinkles).

What does everyone think the cut score will be this round? Looking at last years it went up each round but it was a set number to cut so it will be interesting to see how the 50% shakes out in round 2.  

1st round.....147.55 (cut from 4578 to 2289)

2nd round....TBD

CC Round....TBD

For Reference here was the 2020 cuts (And looking further back into the 2019 thread the week 2 and 3 in 2020 were rather high from previous contests):

1st round.......105.7 (cut from 6156 to 4000)

2nd round ...112.15 (cut from 4000 to 2000)

CC Round.....122.35 (cut from 2000 to 1000)

What does everyone think the cut score will be this round? Looking at last years it went up each round but it was a set number to cut so it will be interesting to see how the 50% shakes out in round 2.  

1st round.....147.55 (cut from 4578 to 2289)

2nd round....TBD

CC Round....TBD

For Reference here was the 2020 cuts (And looking further back into the 2019 thread the week 2 and 3 in 2020 were rather high from previous contests):

1st round.......105.7 (cut from 6156 to 4000)

2nd round ...112.15 (cut from 4000 to 2000)

CC Round.....122.35 (cut from 2000 to 1000)
147.55 / 135 / 120. 

That's a swag that may be horribly wrong.

147.55 / 135 / 120. 

That's a swag that may be horribly wrong.
That doesn't seem too far off what I was thinking, every season except last year week 3 was always lower because of only having a max of 8 players that can score for any entry, so we shall see. 

I was thinking 147.55/139/115

I was a victim of my own hubris & got bounced week 1. :(  

I knew I was cutting it close taking some packers & Titans, but I cut it a little too close & despite having Uzomah & Mahomes, Deebo & JimmyG (who I’m blaming here for underperforming) I missed the cut. 

Good luck everyone! 

Very low scoring for the most part today and I only posted 60 points, but both Cinci and San Francisco pulled out the wins. Now, I need Mahomes to have a great game and the Chiefs to win. Not sure if I can make the cut this week, but I already have two of my three teams remaining advanced to next week.

Users who are viewing this thread