What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Oakland running game (1 Viewer)

FGITLOTR

Footballguy
I own McFadden is dynasty league and was wondering how everyone feels about Bush and Jones, his primary backups. We all know DMac has a proclivity to get nicked up, as has been discussed in his spotlight thread. This is a different thread, in that I'm looking primarily at the future prospects of Bush and Jones.

Let's start with Bush: he's relatively young, shown some promise when DMac went down the past few years, and is an UFA at the end of the year (unless I'm mistaken). I can easily see other teams making a run at him in the off-season. He's a solid power back and would be a great compliment to guys such as Bradshaw, Thomas, or McCoy (just throwing some names out there). Maybe the Raiders resign him, depending on what transpires this year. The way I see it, he's a good value for dynasty owners and should be targeted.

Taiwan Jones- I must say, I was very impressed with his performance against the Saints last week. His game is very similar to DMacs, in that he relies on speed and elusiveness. If DMac went down this year, do the Raiders gameplan in a similar manner, since his skills translate well, or do they have both he and Bush share carries. I assume Bush will get most of the carries, with Jones maybe playing on 3rd down/obvious passing situations. Are you DMac owners choosing Bush or Jones, or neither? It's obviously crazy to handcuff him with both guys, unless you are in a super deep league, but I was hoping to get input from the FG community.

Jones is undersized for a featured back role. If he wasnt he would have gone in round 1 of the NFL draft.

Bush signed late because he had hoped Oakland would offer him a long term deal. Oakland could still give him a new deal before next year. If they dont, he will be a free agent.

McFadden is starting the 4th year of his 6 year rookie contract.

Jones - I think "undersized" is a cop out answer. He's an inch or two shorter than McFadden and only 15 pounds lighter. He's sightly taller than Jamaal Charles and 5 pounds lighter - and 99% of this board thinks Charles is a top 5-10 rb pick this year.

I like Michael Bush. He looks HUGE when I see him play. The only other RB I can compare him to size-wise would be Steven Jackson. I'm not sure why, but they both look like giants when they're running the ball.

I think Bush gets a majority of the work if DMAC goes down. Maybe something like a 65/35 split if Jones picks up the playbook and gets better at pass protection.

Users who are viewing this thread