What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Non PPR/6 Point TDs All Positions (1 Viewer)

Brandon Will

Footballguy
I'm curious if you value the QB position higher than WR. I play in a 20 team dynasty and am gauging value here. A player like Wentz who scores 25 points a game compared to a Juju who hasn't done much this year. I understand he is 22 and Big Ben is out... but in a league where the QB position is heavily relied upon for majority of points, do you value that position higher than the WR position.

20 team leagues require studs, and top players at their position. Wentz is IMO top 5 at the QB position in dynasty. Juju has the potential and the years ahead to put up top 10 numbers every year... but I'm in need of a QB.

I have Juju and want to trade for Wentz.

The question is, in general, what would your rankings look like in a league like this?

Last edited by a moderator:
I play in a dyno league where all TDs are worth 6 points. I don't think the JuJu owner would trade him for Wentz. In my opinion it is way too much. 

Full disclosure- we also dont have any negative points in this league. So my opinion may be not 100% in line with your leagues scoring. Also my league is 12 teams 

Wentz is QB5 in my league, but right behind him are Stafford, Winston, Brissett. Would they be cheaper to get? I'd hope so. again, no negative points so my rankings arent the same as yours. 

If I were you and I really wanted wentz I would probably propose my qb and JuJu for wentz and a wr. 

Also you have to factor in that while QBs are scarce in 20 team leagues, a top 5 or 10 WR is just as scarce. 

Ultimately how I approach trades like this is I look at PPG. You're giving up JuJu- how many points per game is that lost going from JuJu to the next man up? How do much do you gain going from your QB to Wentz? 

I would factor in 2018+2019 averages to be fair and have more of a dynasty look

4pt vs 6pt doesn’t do a lot to shift positional value.  It mainly just reshuffles the rankings within the position to devalue rushing QBs.

20-team league though is HUGE for QB value.  Much anything over 12 and QB value starts to approach NFL levels.  Scarcity, not scoring, is the key to value.  Make QBs scarce and they become 1st round worthy.

Side note: how the hell do you handle byes? At most only 12 of 20 teams will be carrying a backup QB. Do the teams just eat the zero, or is there a subeconomy of low rent QBs who just get passed around in trades when byes hit?

Side note: how the hell do you handle byes? At most only 12 of 20 teams will be carrying a backup QB. Do the teams just eat the zero, or is there a subeconomy of low rent QBs who just get passed around in trades when byes hit?
I was wondering this too.  Seems awful.

Users who are viewing this thread