What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NHL Off-Season thread:Down goes Kane! (2 Viewers)

Interesting decision for Yotes at #3

I assume they take Strome over Hanifin. Then do the Leafs take D or reach for someone like Marner?
The Leafs have been horrible at developing Dmen. Marner is a player. If Strome is there though, I take him.

I could see the Leafs trading this pick though

Aaron Rudnicki said:
Would have to be a big package. I don't know if there's one guy straight up. Guys like Stamkos, Tavares, Doughty are worth considering.
Geez he's that good? Those guys are already established mega-stars. I mean Stamkos is only 24 or 25.

Aaron Rudnicki said:
AcerFC said:
Can mcdavid pull an eli manning and say he will not sign with oilers.

Not saying he would, but is that a thing in hockey
YesEric Lindros did it to Quebec

If he didn't sign, he'd go back into the draft next year.
Wow, that's a pretty ####ty rule.

Aaron Rudnicki said:
Would have to be a big package. I don't know if there's one guy straight up. Guys like Stamkos, Tavares, Doughty are worth considering.
Geez he's that good? Those guys are already established mega-stars. I mean Stamkos is only 24 or 25.
well, there's no way Tampa would make that deal either.

maybe I'm overselling it, but McDavid is considered a better prospect than Stamkos was. Obviously a sure thing is better than a prospect, but I think everybody knows he's a can't miss guy.

Aaron Rudnicki said:
well, there's no way Tampa would make that deal either.maybe I'm overselling it, but McDavid is considered a better prospect than Stamkos was. Obviously a sure thing is better than a prospect, but I think everybody knows he's a can't miss guy.
Interesting. I kind of like all the Canadian outpost teams (obviously not Toronto/Montreal) so I hope he can help the Oil turn it around.

Aaron Rudnicki said:
AcerFC said:

I think all of the leagues have that rule. The team that drafts has exclusive rights until the next draft. If they can't sign or trade the player in that time he just goes into the following draft.

Aaron Rudnicki said:
AcerFC said:

I think all of the leagues have that rule. The team that drafts has exclusive rights until the next draft. If they can't sign or trade the player in that time he just goes into the following draft.
Yep. Bo Jackson did it to the Bucs

Aaron Rudnicki said:
AcerFC said:

And J.D. Drew to the Phillies...

Aaron Rudnicki said:
AcerFC said:

Bo had a legitimate reason. The Bucs screwed him over for his last year of NCAA eligibility for baseball.

If you're McDavid would you think about doing it? Just take out a big insurance policy and play another year in juniors?
Why? The team that wins next years lottery will likely be a dumpster fire, too. It is what it is when you're the top player in your class.
yeah, but Edmonton.
I actually think Edmonton was doing a lot of things right at times last year, particularity down the stretch. if they can get some consistent goaltending they aren't that far off from turning the corner even without McDavid IMO.

If you're McDavid would you think about doing it? Just take out a big insurance policy and play another year in juniors?
Why? The team that wins next years lottery will likely be a dumpster fire, too. It is what it is when you're the top player in your class.
yeah, but Edmonton.
I actually think Edmonton was doing a lot of things right at times last year, particularity down the stretch. if they can get some consistent goaltending they aren't that far off from turning the corner even without McDavid IMO.
Nelson did a solid job with them, and they are going to be a force at some point soon.

Nobody wants to live in Edmonton though.

yeah, but Edmonton.
Nelson did a solid job with them, and they are going to be a force at some point soon.

Cam Ward would.

yeah, but Edmonton.

Cam Ward would.
FU, Jimmy Howard wants to live there more than Cam Ward does.

yeah, but Edmonton.

Cam Ward would.
FU, Jimmy Howard wants to live there more than Cam Ward does.
Cam was born there and is family all still lives there. Sorry, Detroit keeps Howard ;) .

NHL legend Hal Gill retired today.

Never would have believed when I watched him play in HS that he would play 1,100 NHL games and end up with a Cup ring. He was probably a better QB prospect back then, but chose Providence and was drafted as a flyer by the Bruins in the seventh round.

Ran into him a couple of times this past winter -- he was helping out one of the local HS teams -- and he was holding out hope that a team would give him a call. Still a pretty good run.

The Edmonton Oilers are expected to announce former Boston Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli on Friday, according to multiple reports.

Oilers need to make a deal. Maybe deal Nuge or Draisaitl.
Definitely. They have either of these guys plus the Penguins 1st round pick. They need a pair of top DMen and a #1 goalie. So, they have to consider making deals and not excluding many of their current assets.The rumor keeps coming up that Chicago will ship Crawford to Edmonton in the offseason due to the Hawks' salary cap issues. Crawford is not the answer to the Oilers problems.
Please make that happen. I can't believe Edmonton would be that stupid though.

Definitely. They have either of these guys plus the Penguins 1st round pick. They need a pair of top DMen and a #1 goalie. So, they have to consider making deals and not excluding many of their current assets.The rumor keeps coming up that Chicago will ship Crawford to Edmonton in the offseason due to the Hawks' salary cap issues. Crawford is not the answer to the Oilers problems.
Maybe I'm just being a homer but I think if I'm Edmonton, I'd rather have Talbot at $1.4MM next year and working for a new deal than be locked into Crawford at $6MM through 2020.

RUSF18 said:
chet said:
Maybe I'm just being a homer but I think if I'm Edmonton, I'd rather have Talbot at $1.4MM next year and working for a new deal than be locked into Crawford at $6MM through 2020.
100% Agree. But, some of the local writers were saying the Oil were in love with Crawford because he has a SC win on his resume and plays for a salary cap strapped team that may sell him cheaply (in terms of picks and prospects). Hopefully with Chiarelli in charge of things now, common sense will prevail.

<p>

Man, good job who ever is in charge of the Discovery channel's twitter feed. not sure how to just post it here so let me just go with the link to the article:

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2015/5/14/8606733/and-thats-how-discovery-channel-became-our-favorite-channel

View image on Twitter

Follow

Chris Abraham @CrzyCanucklehed

The Penguins just got owned by Discovery.

12:30 PM - 14 May 2015

Does Discovery have a new partnership with Honda?
:bag: been tearing up entire backyard today to try and lay grass. Baked by sun i am guessing

ETA: unless i missed the joke here and this wasn't posted earlier. i'll just stop now

Last edited by a moderator:
<p>

Man, good job who ever is in charge of the Discovery channel's twitter feed. not sure how to just post it here so let me just go with the link to the article:

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2015/5/14/8606733/and-thats-how-discovery-channel-became-our-favorite-channel

View image on Twitter

Follow

Chris Abraham @CrzyCanucklehed

The Penguins just got owned by Discovery.

12:30 PM - 14 May 2015

Does Discovery have a new partnership with Honda?
:bag: been tearing up entire backyard today to try and lay grass. Baked by sun i am guessingETA: unless i missed the joke here and this wasn't posted earlier. i'll just stop now
I was just giving you a hard time. Bats posted it in the playoff thread. Still funny and I'm a Penguins fan. :bag:

Also, is Babcock to Toronto a done deal next year? I've heard that rumor somewhere.
not sure why people assume this. why would Babcock want any piece of that dumpster fire? They are just now deciding to tear things down and rebuild.
People assumed it because it was correct. 8 years and $50 million is your answer. Every other coach in the NHL is probably dropping a thank you note to the man right now.

To Babcack I say thanks for the memories. Bring on Blashill.

Sounds like Eichel crushed it at the draft combine today.

And McDavid was completely gassed at the end of his testing.

:popcorn:

Ward: Expect Detroit Red Wings to include #HHOF Chris Chelios on coaching staff when they announce Jeff Blashill as their new Head Coach. #TSN

11:59am - 9 Jun 15

Users who are viewing this thread