What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NHL Off-Season thread:Down goes Kane! (1 Viewer)

Capella said:
What are the thoughts on the upcoming World Cup killing Olympic hockey. Pretty much a done deal?
I don't think it does. Olympics are a different animal imo.Looking forward to WC and actually glad it's on the 4 letter network. They may actually pay some attention to it and the sport could grow in the US.
are we in 1995 again
Ohh I love the glowing puck.
Is this a hockey snob forum?

If it means drawing in new fans and making the sport more popular then what is the big effing deal?
The problem is having it on ESPN will suck. ESPN has never covered the NHL or hockey very well at all.

Capella said:
What are the thoughts on the upcoming World Cup killing Olympic hockey. Pretty much a done deal?
I don't think it does. Olympics are a different animal imo.Looking forward to WC and actually glad it's on the 4 letter network. They may actually pay some attention to it and the sport could grow in the US.
are we in 1995 again

If it means drawing in new fans and making the sport more popular then what is the big effing deal?
The problem is having it on ESPN will suck. ESPN has never covered the NHL or hockey very well at all.
I was not much of a fan back then, other than the playoffs. Since my son started playing I have come to enjoy the sport much more.

So what did ESPN do that was so bad?...........other than the glowing puck of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
People said the same thing you are when ESPN first started covering the NHL. It didnt happen. People just dont like it for some reason. Maybe because of the low scores, not sure. Maybe they should count all goals as 6 points instead of one. Works for football

People said the same thing you are when ESPN first started covering the NHL. It didnt happen. People just dont like it for some reason. Maybe because of the low scores, not sure. Maybe they should count all goals as 6 points instead of one. Works for football
It may be the best sport on TV to watch live imo. Constant action without all the timeouts and commercials of football and basketball which I think are both almost unwatchable live.

It may be the best sport on TV to watch live imo. Constant action without all the timeouts and commercials of football and basketball which I think are both almost unwatchable live.
HD has certainly brought up the at home experience but it will never touch being at the game.Hockey can be hard to follow for just the casual fan on t.v.

Capella said:
:lmao:
You're admin here, aren't you? What in my post was worthy of your hilarious emoticon?

ESPN has had hockey before and done nothing with it. If it doesn't bring ratings then ESPN makes it an afterthought. It won't happen this time either.

Nice that we made it roughly 65 games and about 3600 posts acting with civility towards each other as hockey fans before some putz comes in and ####s it all up.

that would be great if hockey was everything like it is in Toronto and Montreal. not going to happen. it's not like the sport is going away or anything. ESPN blows, stick to bowling.

Capella said:
are we in 1995 again

I was not much of a fan back then, other than the playoffs. Since my son started playing I have come to enjoy the sport much more.

So what did ESPN do that was so bad?...........other than the glowing puck of course.
Poor coverage, no promotion of it, did nothing to help grow viewership. Glowing puck was fox.

Capella said:
are we in 1995 again

Poor coverage, no promotion of it, did nothing to help grow viewership. Glowing puck was fox.
Thanks. My apologies to the rest of you for bothering you in your hockey forum. Hope your teams do well other than when they play the Red Wings.

When Pittsburgh sucks again, Malkin and Crosby are old and useless, will the team be four minutes from bankruptcy and changing addresses again or has there been enough of an attitude change that Pittsburgh fans could handle crap?

When Pittsburgh sucks again, Malkin and Crosby are old and useless, will the team be four minutes from bankruptcy and changing addresses again or has there been enough of an attitude change that Pittsburgh fans could handle crap?
I think the real question is: will the Leafs ever win the cup again? I happily say...no.

I think the real question is: will the Leafs ever win the cup again? I happily say...no.
God job Doc. Your brilliance in cracking on the Buds is truly memerizing but alas I was asking a serious question. Can Pittsburgh deal with being a cellar dweller? Thanks for taking my call, I'll hang up and listen.

God job Doc. Your brilliance in cracking on the Buds is truly memerizing but alas I was asking a serious question. Can Pittsburgh deal with being a cellar dweller? Thanks for taking my call, I'll hang up and listen.
I don't like talking on the phone though. :confused:

I will take a fax of all the years the Leafs didn't win the cup though. But that would seem to really be expensive for you, so never mind.

I don't like talking on the phone though. :confused: I will take a fax of all the years the Leafs didn't win the cup though. But that would seem to really be expensive for you, so never mind.
:facepalm:ETA: nm you seem to think I'm cracking on Pittsburgh or you just feel it necessary to ####e on the Leafs either way if ya get a second why don't you ponder my original question, meant to spark some form of discussion and formulate a reasonable response.

I don't like talking on the phone though. :confused: I will take a fax of all the years the Leafs didn't win the cup though. But that would seem to really be expensive for you, so never mind.
:facepalm:
An error occurredYou have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Raider Nation said:
HellToupee said:
Raider Nation said:
The B's shootout attempts have been abysmal.
Hate the shootout
Yeah. And it's hard to get too pissed when you lose on a beauty like this.
Asked his thoughts on the shootout after the game, Julien said: "They suck."

Not sure if he was talking about shootouts in general, or the Bruins' "performance" in them. They had missed their last 27 attempts dating back to Dec. 31 before Bergeron finally scored tonight. :X :X :X

Like what I'm seeing from this Wild team.Very hard to play against and they don't give you much space or room even though Johansson had about 4 quality scoring chances and 2 of them rang off the post.

Solid road win and great effort by Pominville on his first goal and then a tremdous shot to win it that not many goalies could stop.Goaltending by both teams was fantastic.

No Ovechkin clearly hurt but the Wild were just a little better 5 on 5 and it eventually paid off on the scoreboard.

this came out of nowhere. is sheriff making house calls these days?

Like what I'm seeing from this Wild team.Very hard to play against and they don't give you much space or room even though Johansson had about 4 quality scoring chances and 2 of them rang off the post.

Solid road win and great effort by Pominville on his first goal and then a tremdous shot to win it that not many goalies could stop.Goaltending by both teams was fantastic.

No Ovechkin clearly hurt but the Wild were just a little better 5 on 5 and it eventually paid off on the scoreboard.
Caps are solid. I'd give the edge to the Wild too but that was a very tight game and obviously they miss the best scorer in the game. posts came up big for the second straight game. what's most impressive to me is that the Wild are without Scandella and Spurgeon which would have buried them earlier in the year. can't say enough about how much Folin and Dumba have improved and Brodin is rock solid at both ends right now. Brodin is already approaching Suter as the best D on this team.

Caps are solid. I'd give the edge to the Wild too but that was a very tight game and obviously they miss the best scorer in the game. posts came up big for the second straight game. what's most impressive to me is that the Wild are without Scandella and Spurgeon which would have buried them earlier in the year. can't say enough about how much Folin and Dumba have improved and Brodin is rock solid at both ends right now. Brodin is already approaching Suter as the best D on this team.
I thought Dumba was in serious trouble when Wilson rocked him but he shook it off after missing only a few shifts and played really solid the rest of the way.

Wild will be a very tough out.

this came out of nowhere. is sheriff making house calls these days?
If it was reddit it woulda been a thought from the shower. I'm just curious as to what y'all think about the Pens survival chances if they ended up a bottom dweller. I personally think Toronto would be a nice place for them. Why shouldn't we have two teams that suck?

Wow. But for Crawford, Edmonton would be running away with this one. Bad first period for the Hawks. So many new names I have to remind myself it is the Hawks.

Users who are viewing this thread