What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Netflix to stream NFL games on Christmas Day this year (1 Viewer)

>>So, to recap, you'll need at least 3 streaming services to watch the NFL (in addition to cable/satellite/over-the-air networks): Amazon Prime for Thursdays AND a wild card game AND Black Friday; Peacock for Eagles-Packers on opening Friday; and Netflix for Christmas (if you don't want to watch a random Lakers game on ABC)<<

Here's the whole kit and kaboodle:

CBS(or Paramount Plus)- Sundays/Thanksgiving/Playoffs
Fox- Sundays/Thanksgiving/Playoffs/Super Bowl
NBC- Sunday Nights/Thursday opening game/Thanksgiving/Playoffs
ESPN- Monday Nights/Playoffs
ABC- Monday Night weeks 3,4 and 15
ESPN Plus- Monday Night week 7
Peacock- Week 1 Eagles/Packers
Prime Video- Thursday Nights/Black Friday/Wild Card Playoff game
Netflix- Christmas Day- 2 games
NFL Network- England and Germany games weeks 5,6,7 and 10 and Saturday week 17-3 games

I complained about getting channels I never watched but had to pay for with my cable subscription.
I wanted to pay just for the channels I watched.
Be careful what you wish for,welcome to a la carte programming.

NFL Network- England and Germany games weeks 5,6,7 and 10 and Saturday week 17-3 games
I have Prime and Netflix--if they had no NFL I would have then anyway.
YouTube TV covers NFLN, CBS, NBC, ESPN, FOX

Peacock and ESPN Plus are 1 game each. :shrug:

I have Peacock for EPL soccer, and I get the Disney/Hulu/ESPN+ free thru AMEX, so it appears that I don't need to add anything, but I know most people don't have those. It's two games. I don't see a big problem here.

I get the Disney/Hulu/ESPN+ free thru AMEX
How can I do this?
So one of the perks on my AMEX, and I am SURE on other cards, is that you get reimbursed for a certain amount of $$ for streaming services, if you pay with that card, yada yada yada. $20/month is the amount, which I think is exactly what that bundle costs.

It's definitely going to be a premium card, with an annual fee, it should be said.

Very disheartening. No wonder the commish gets booed at every draft
"Roger Goodell, the NFL's Commissioner, has forged a remarkable career in American sports, amassing a net worth of $200 million and an annual salary of $64 million."

That money to pay him has to come from somewhere. Quit yer bellyaching and pay your share!
I wouldn’t pay him $2.50 an hour to run a lemonade stand

If they are going to stream with new partners, Christmas day is the best day for that is I have so much going on that I don't have to watch football that day.
Even if that were not totally true for me, this is a great year as Christmas falls on a Wed, to blow off the NFL on Christmas.
I hate that they eat into a major holiday to start with, add in you must subscribe to Netflix in order to watch what figures to be lousy football rushed out on 3 days rest...
Pretty soon they are going to be charging for all the Playoff games and the Super Bowl will become PPV
This 1000%

It’s coming.

And so much for player safety.

3 days rest? What a ****ing joke.

I don’t do Sunday ticket since I live in my team’s market. Happy to pay for YouTube tv and the redzone and already have Netflix and prime. So it doesn’t really bother me. Depending on how the season goes I may watch nba on Christmas Day anyways.

If they are going to stream with new partners, Christmas day is the best day for that is I have so much going on that I don't have to watch football that day.
Even if that were not totally true for me, this is a great year as Christmas falls on a Wed, to blow off the NFL on Christmas.
I hate that they eat into a major holiday to start with, add in you must subscribe to Netflix in order to watch what figures to be lousy football rushed out on 3 days rest...
Pretty soon they are going to be charging for all the Playoff games and the Super Bowl will become PPV
This 1000%

It’s coming.

It looks like they scheduled the teams playing on Christmas to play on the Saturday before. Gives them 4 days rest vs 3.

I got rid of Netflix several years ago because I just didn't watch it enough. I'm not re-upping just to watch one Ravens game. I'm already used to missing their prime time games, plus I won't be home Christmas Day anyway.

(I wonder if my aunt has Netflix - she hosting this year........)

Very disheartening. No wonder the commish gets booed at every draft
"Roger Goodell, the NFL's Commissioner, has forged a remarkable career in American sports, amassing a net worth of $200 million and an annual salary of $64 million."

That money to pay him has to come from somewhere. Quit yer bellyaching and pay your share!
I wouldn’t pay him $2.50 an hour to run a lemonade stand
Hey leave @glvsav37 out of this

Lemonade Side Gig

that includes an annual cable bill and an annual ESPN+ bill, which are not necessary. Also, what game is NFL+ exclusive?

Marketwatch set the price tag at $1600
LAC-ARZ week 7 MNF

that includes an annual cable bill and an annual ESPN+ bill, which are not necessary. Also, what game is NFL+ exclusive?

LAC-ARZ week 7 MNF
Seriously? MNF falls into this mess now?
I can't remember the last time I missed one of them
I even like the 70s reruns with Cosell on Youtube

How do you watch all the NFL games live without cable?
I just cut it down to basically nothing and got my internet speed doubled but had to agree to 12 months
$80...the operator told me just ask whatever the special is in 12 months and they'll give it to me.
Was forking out close to $200, seemed like a great deal

Who doesn't pay for high speed internet that is combing around in here? I'm guessing very few

I got rid of Netflix several years ago because I just didn't watch it enough. I'm not re-upping just to watch one Ravens game. I'm already used to missing their prime time games, plus I won't be home Christmas Day anyway.

(I wonder if my aunt has Netflix - she hosting this year........)
Sounds like the perfect "gift" if she doesn't

I'll repeat what I wrote last season, split the NFL ticket with son, each of us had a login for YT from our homes, never had an issue all year.
Cost was like $400 I'll say, we split it 50/50 and that cut the cost down
He lives in Tampa Bay, I'm in South Florida, not sure if Geographic closeness plays any role or not.
But that's one way to cut the price down, find someone to split the cost with

>>So, to recap, you'll need at least 3 streaming services to watch the NFL (in addition to cable/satellite/over-the-air networks): Amazon Prime for Thursdays AND a wild card game AND Black Friday; Peacock for Eagles-Packers on opening Friday; and Netflix for Christmas (if you don't want to watch a random Lakers game on ABC)<<

Here's the whole kit and kaboodle:

I complained about getting channels I never watched but had to pay for with my cable subscription.
I wanted to pay just for the channels I watched.
Be careful what you wish for,welcome to a la carte programming.

Looks like I will only miss the 2 games on peacock and espn+ of the national games, not that anyone cares what streaming I have. Still a pretty annoying trend this is undergoing.

I know the streaming topic has dominated since the schedule release but I just don't at all understand why they insist on having two MNF games going on at the same time, with what looks like 4 weeks this year.

Why would you do that when everyone knows each and every game would command viewers attention? I tried to think of an answer and all I could come up with was this was a concession to Youtube TV as part of them obtaining the Sunday ticket which would be to enhance the multi-view option they have available because flipping back and forth on DirecTV or cable blows in comparison.

Anyway, I hate it as much as needing to subscribe to services to stream so I can watch a game.

This 1000%

It’s coming.

It looks like they scheduled the teams playing on Christmas to play on the Saturday before. Gives them 4 days rest vs 3.
Ok so the same as a TNF turnaround from a Sunday.

I have Redzone, Amazon Prime (I buy almost everything on Amazon so well worth the membership) and Netflix and Max (free with AT&T).

I am not subscribing to anything else anything else.

I will be able to watch plenty of football. But the trend is real and eventually I can see the post season and SB being all PPV. Keep paying Jared Goff level QB's 53MM a year....we are heading down that road. And it’s coming fast.

People can complain all they want, but until ratings/revenue go down the NFL has no reason not to keep pushing the envelope. There are still enough people buying into all this whether we like it or not.

Christmas is on a Wednesday so it's not like you would normally see football that day anyway 🤷‍♂️ I guess it's only an issue to someone who lives locally to one of the teams or someone who has Sunday Ticket.

People can complain all they want, but until ratings/revenue go down the NFL has no reason not to keep pushing the envelope. There are still enough people buying into all this whether we like it or not.
The reality is that the NFL product can and will be presented any day of the week. Bye weeks and schedule strategies will guarantee this and w digital platforms no need to try to nestle into prime time slots w ABC CBS FOX NBC. Games this season on all days of the week except Tuesday. I might have missed something.

Maybe we can get a Friday or Saturday SB. I digress.

Now NFL fans will put the collective boot down when an international Super Bowl materializes- well maybe not…

How do you watch all the NFL games live without cable?
I just cut it down to basically nothing and got my internet speed doubled but had to agree to 12 months
$80...the operator told me just ask whatever the special is in 12 months and they'll give it to me.
Was forking out close to $200, seemed like a great deal

Who doesn't pay for high speed internet that is combing around in here? I'm guessing very few
Subscribe to youtubetv for 4 months. Thats not $864. It’s less than $300

NFL is a for profit business last time I checked. No one is forcing anyone to pay to watch their games. Paying 6 bucks to watch a playoff game on Peacock was worth it. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

You people waste more money on coffee or the snack du jour at Costco than you ever will watching the NFL. Life is too short to squabble over paying to watch sports. We’ve been doing it in some fashion through cable tv fees for the last 40 years. The money has just shifted at this point.

You people waste more money on coffee or the snack du jour at Costco than you ever will watching the NFL. Life is too short to squabble over paying to watch sports. We’ve been doing it in some fashion through cable tv fees for the last 40 years. The money has just shifted at this point.
It's not just the money though, it's the ridiculous inconvenience, and the sub par production quality. I am guessing that anyone reading this is likely fairly savvy when it comes to subscriptions, cancelling and what not. But there are plenty of fans who have been fans for a long time who simply don't have the first clue as to how to order Peacock to watch a playoff game. Are those people the target growth audience, no, I suppose not, but they do buy Christmas gifts for their grandkids.

I'll watch, probably anyone who is posting on a fantasy football message board will watch. But I think it is going to end up being a bad business decision when all is said and done. You cannot convince me that spreading all of these games across all of these platforms with varied quality of production is growing or strengthening the brand. It is cheapening and weakening the brand. I hope the short term profits were worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread