What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Neal resigns with Pats (1 Viewer)

Boston

Footballguy
Definetly a step in the right direction. Neal's resigning means the O line should be in good shape. With Light and Koppen coming back from injuries and Mankins and Kaczur gaining more experience this unit should be together for quite sometime (Koppen getting extended would solidify that). They'll probably add another body or two through free agency or the draft for depth purposes but with Hochstein and Gorin also around this is a young and productive area for the team.

As for Troy Pats fans will be happy. He's an all time favorite but the end is very near. The WR position still has a long ways to go before it can be seen as a productive unit. They have their #1 and some end of the rotation guys in Brown, Childress, Caldwell and Bethel. They really need to find a couple of quality guys inbetween.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patr...tart_homing_in/

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the good news, my young friend. Youve made my day. Now, if only you could tell me that Adam V was drugged when he signed his Colts' contract I'll feel even better. Have a good one.

How did they convince them to stay, lock them in the cellar?

I think the signing of Neal will ultimately provide more actual value this year as Brown is a situational guy at most now. As last year proved, we need about 20 offensive linemen available to handle the injury replacements. :unsure:

How did they convince them to stay, lock them in the cellar?

I think the signing of Neal will ultimately provide more actual value this year as Brown is a situational guy at most now. As last year proved, we need about 20 offensive linemen available to handle the injury replacements. :unsure:
The article I read this morning makes it sound like Kraft stepped in for the Brown signing.

Patriots | Team agrees to terms with T. Brown

Thu, 23 Mar 2006 22:12:54 -0800

Tom E. Curran, of the Providence Journal, reports sources said the New England Patriots have agreed to terms with one of their own free agents, WR Troy Brown (Patriots), on an undisclosed contract.

Patriots start homing in

Team sources said Patriots owner Robert Kraft, after the departures of Willie McGinest and Adam Vinatieri, stepped into the negotiations to help retain the 34-year-old Brown. Kraft has allowed Bill Belichick and Scott Pioli to run the business side of football, but with the losses of two of his favorites, Kraft wanted Brown to know the Patriots cared about keeping him.

With the Jets tugging at Brown, perhaps to assume the vacated role of retired Wayne Chrebet, the allure was tempting not only because of Mangini but because of old friend Curtis Martin. But Brown had promised his family he'd stay with the Patriots or retire.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread