What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**NBA BTTF V -- GREATEST THREAD IN NBA FORUM HISTORY (2 Viewers)

meaning eephus is VIP and I'm going to need you to step aside so he can make his way in. 

1. TRE ---IN
2. @rodg12-- IN
3. @Sammy3469  --- IN
4. @TobiasFunke --- IN
5. @Frostillicus -- IN
6. @Eephus -- IN
7. @the moops -- IN
8. Abe -- IN
9. @jomar -- IN
10. @Kev4029 --- IN
11. @Chemical X -- IN
12. @JMon348 -- IN (will pretend to be mad enough to leave if draft)
@coyote5 –OUT (if auction)
13. @No. 16 aka Charlie Harper -- IN
14. @scoobus -- IN
15. @Slapdash --- IN
16. John Bender -- IN
17. @Arsenal of Doom -- IN
18. @Pumpnick
19. @Kraft... -- IN
20. @Yo Mama -- IN
@Cliff Clavin --OUT
21. @hagmania -- IN
22. @Spartans Rule – IN
23. @The Gator -- IN

ETA: Now just waiting for Pump and a new recruit.

Last edited by a moderator:
May have hooked a Koya.
Destined to suck, but then again, that was my destiny in the baseball draft which turned out surprisingly well.

Pat Ewing still a viable player? Usage too high for the production?  (that's a thing, yes?)

You don't like the sim part. Coyote doesn't like the draft part. Maybe team up and split the duties?

Wait... is there something more to be done for the sim (aside from entering a roster of players you didn't trade away)?

Wait... is there something more to be done for the sim (aside from entering a roster of players you didn't trade away)?
You just manage minutes to keep good players energy at 100%.

If you draft enough minutes then pretty much it's set it and forget it once you dole out your minutes. 

1. TRE ---IN
2. @rodg12-- IN
3. @Sammy3469  --- IN
4. @TobiasFunke --- IN
5. @Frostillicus -- IN
6. @Eephus -- IN
7. @the moops -- IN
8. Abe -- IN
9. @jomar -- IN
10. @Kev4029 --- IN
11. @Chemical X -- IN
12. @JMon348 -- IN
13. @No. 16 aka Charlie Harper -- IN
14. @scoobus -- IN
15. @Slapdash --- IN
16. John Bender -- IN
17. @Arsenal of Doom -- IN
18. @Kraft... -- IN
19. @Yo Mama -- IN
20. @hagmania -- IN
21. @Spartans Rule – IN
22. @The Gator -- IN
23. @Bananafish -- IN
24. @Koya -- IN

@Notorious T.R.E. Looks like we got our 24. Lets get this going.

Last edited by a moderator:
Charlie Harper said:
You just manage minutes to keep good players energy at 100%.

If you draft enough minutes then pretty much it's set it and forget it once you dole out your minutes. 
:no:   not if you want to make the playoffs every year in BTTFs existence!

If I remember correctly, the penalty for only having enough $ for 2 players instead of 3 was pretty big, which I guess was the point of doing the auction. 

Eephus said:
Sure, but have just the vaguest recollection of how we ran the auction last time.
Here's what I have in the OP, seems fairly solid?

RULES

Format: Daily blind bid auction

Summary: Each day there will be 6 to 12 players up for auction simultaneously. Each team is allotted $100 in auction funds. Teams can bid up to their available funds for any individual player up for auction. Owners can place bids on multiple players during a bidding cycle, e.g. you can bid $100 on every player on day one. See bid prioritization for more info. No decimal bids -- any decimal will be rounded down to a whole number (i.e. $10.88 will be a $10 bid)

Bidding: Send one email per team with all daily bids to WISRUTHROLL@GMAIL.COM. The deadline will be midnight EDT so I can award the bids before the start of the following day.

Send email in the player order provided - include clear instruction of your 3 priority players (if you're using them). Be sure and include your FBG name. 

Example Email:

1. Davis 100
2. Curry 100 (1st PRIORITY)
3. Harden 5
4. James 6
5. Westbrook 10 (2nd PRIORITY)
6. Durant 15 (3rd PRIORITY)

You can prioritize up to three bids per day (optional). These bids will be processed first if an owner has multiple successful bids in a day.
Excluded prioritized bids, auctions will be processed in the order of the rankings, e.g. the player ranked #3 will be awarded before player #4. If an owner doesn't have enough funds available due to a player awarded earlier in the day's processing, the bid on the latter player would be invalid.

**If you want to void bids after winning a certain player or position, you must include those instructions.

Auction tiebreakers:
1. amount of money remaining in budget at the time the player is processed. More=better.
2. dice roll

Player pool & rankings: I propose using Yahoo Fantasy rankings to select the players up for bid each day. 14-15 WIS salaries won't include rookies and ESPN #NBARank hasn't been published yet. https://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/draftanalysis?pos=ALL

Auction schedule TBD: Three rounds worth of players (72) will be auctioned.  This was who was auctioned last year as an FYI:
Day 1: 6 players (Davis, Curry, Harden, James, Westbrook and Durant)
Day 2: 6 players (Cousins, Paul, Irving, Leonard, Horford and Lillard)
Day 3: 12 players (C. Anthony, Butler, K. Thompson, Wall, Aldridge, Millsap, Ibaka, Love, Griffin, Lowry, George, Vucevic)
Day 4: 12 players (Gobert, Jordan, Dray. Green, Conley, Whiteside, M. Gasol, P. Gasol, B. Lopez, Bledsoe, Oladipo, Jefferson, Holliday)
Day 5: 12 players (Lawson, Nowitzki, Teague, Drummond, Bosh, G. Dragic, Gay, Duncan, Hayward, Noel, T. Harris, Payton)
Day 6: 12 players (Ariza, Matthews, Batum, Knight, Faried, Ellis, Korver, Antetokounmpo, Dan. Green, G. Hill, Favors, Carroll) 

Day 7: 12 players (Monroe, Middleton, Howard, Rubio, K. Walker, Randolph, Wade, Bryant, Rose, Parsons, Towns, Chandler)

Roster rules: A team can come out of the auction with between zero and five players. Players awarded to a team that already has five players on the roster will have that bid voided.

Draft order: The draft will resume after the 72 players are auctioned. Draft order will be determined by the amount of funds remaining in a team's auction budget. Tie breaker for draft order will be by dice roll.

Compensation pick mini-draft. The draft will be halted temporarily after round #5 to allow teams that bought less than three players in the auction rounds to fill out a starting five. This will be a snake draft following the same order above. Every team will enter round #6 will between five and seven players. Teams with seven players after round #5 will give up their #6 and #7 rounders. Teams with six players will give up the #6 rounder. Everybody's rosters will have the same number of players beginning in round #8 (assuming no trades).

Here's what I have in the OP, seems fairly solid?

RULES

Format: Daily blind bid auction

Summary: Each day there will be 6 to 12 players up for auction simultaneously. Each team is allotted $100 in auction funds. Teams can bid up to their available funds for any individual player up for auction. Owners can place bids on multiple players during a bidding cycle, e.g. you can bid $100 on every player on day one. See bid prioritization for more info. No decimal bids -- any decimal will be rounded down to a whole number (i.e. $10.88 will be a $10 bid)

Bidding: Send one email per team with all daily bids to WISRUTHROLL@GMAIL.COM. The deadline will be midnight EDT so I can award the bids before the start of the following day.

Send email in the player order provided - include clear instruction of your 3 priority players (if you're using them). Be sure and include your FBG name. 

Example Email:

1. Davis 100
2. Curry 100 (1st PRIORITY)
3. Harden 5
4. James 6
5. Westbrook 10 (2nd PRIORITY)
6. Durant 15 (3rd PRIORITY)

You can prioritize up to three bids per day (optional). These bids will be processed first if an owner has multiple successful bids in a day.
Excluded prioritized bids, auctions will be processed in the order of the rankings, e.g. the player ranked #3 will be awarded before player #4. If an owner doesn't have enough funds available due to a player awarded earlier in the day's processing, the bid on the latter player would be invalid.

**If you want to void bids after winning a certain player or position, you must include those instructions.

Auction tiebreakers:
1. amount of money remaining in budget at the time the player is processed. More=better.
2. dice roll

Player pool & rankings: I propose using Yahoo Fantasy rankings to select the players up for bid each day. 14-15 WIS salaries won't include rookies and ESPN #NBARank hasn't been published yet. https://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/draftanalysis?pos=ALL

Auction schedule TBD: Three rounds worth of players (72) will be auctioned.  This was who was auctioned last year as an FYI:
Day 1: 6 players (Davis, Curry, Harden, James, Westbrook and Durant)
Day 2: 6 players (Cousins, Paul, Irving, Leonard, Horford and Lillard)
Day 3: 12 players (C. Anthony, Butler, K. Thompson, Wall, Aldridge, Millsap, Ibaka, Love, Griffin, Lowry, George, Vucevic)
Day 4: 12 players (Gobert, Jordan, Dray. Green, Conley, Whiteside, M. Gasol, P. Gasol, B. Lopez, Bledsoe, Oladipo, Jefferson, Holliday)
Day 5: 12 players (Lawson, Nowitzki, Teague, Drummond, Bosh, G. Dragic, Gay, Duncan, Hayward, Noel, T. Harris, Payton)
Day 6: 12 players (Ariza, Matthews, Batum, Knight, Faried, Ellis, Korver, Antetokounmpo, Dan. Green, G. Hill, Favors, Carroll) 

Day 7: 12 players (Monroe, Middleton, Howard, Rubio, K. Walker, Randolph, Wade, Bryant, Rose, Parsons, Towns, Chandler)

Roster rules: A team can come out of the auction with between zero and five players. Players awarded to a team that already has five players on the roster will have that bid voided.

Draft order: The draft will resume after the 72 players are auctioned. Draft order will be determined by the amount of funds remaining in a team's auction budget. Tie breaker for draft order will be by dice roll.

Compensation pick mini-draft. The draft will be halted temporarily after round #5 to allow teams that bought less than three players in the auction rounds to fill out a starting five. This will be a snake draft following the same order above. Every team will enter round #6 will between five and seven players. Teams with seven players after round #5 will give up their #6 and #7 rounders. Teams with six players will give up the #6 rounder. Everybody's rosters will have the same number of players beginning in round #8 (assuming no trades).

Now in English, please. 

So what was the winning auction strategy?  :shrug:

Asking for Larry Sanders
I didn't win a bid on a player until day 5 while people laughed at me, ended up getting 5 players in the auction and the 3rd pick of the draft part.

I didn't win a bid on a player until day 5 while people laughed at me, ended up getting 5 players in the auction and the 3rd pick of the draft part.
I also got 5 in the auction and my team sucked the big one.  Probably many paths to greatness here.  None of which I will take.

M. Gasol 39

T. Harris 16

D. Carroll 12

D. Howard 17

D. Wade 15

Users who are viewing this thread