What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**NBA BTTF V -- GREATEST THREAD IN NBA FORUM HISTORY (1 Viewer)

Dragic helps keep me off of complete life support.

FTs this series:

Scoobus- 33/63 (52.4%)

Gator- 54/58 (93.1%)

Good series Gator.  Definitely had me scrambling to figure out the -3 defense you employed.
Plan was for the -3 to help with your bigs, double up Dragic and put my best defenders on Korver/Young. 

Worked for two games, almost three... Oh well. It was a run :hifive:

Another solid season despite not bidding on a day 1 stud. My team started off hot, but slowed down as the year progressed and got handled by LBJ. 

Whiteside was worth every dollar. Just sucked Aldridge was a bust (traded away for sweet Lou). 

Can't wait until the next season.

I'm pretty sure I've made playoffs every year too.

Overall SimLeague Record: 346-194 (.647)

Need a title soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another solid season despite not bidding on a day 1 stud. My team started off hot, but slowed down as the year progressed and got handled by LBJ. 

Whiteside was worth every dollar. Just sucked Aldridge was a bust (traded away for sweet Lou). 

Can't wait until the next season.

I'm pretty sure I've made playoffs every year too.

Overall SimLeague Record: 346-194 (.647)

Need a title soon.
Where can you find the overall record?

Wow, looks like I got steamrolled by @Koya - congrats!

i'm at 274-183 (.600) lifetime with 1 championship. 
Thanks my man.   You were the only team (I think) that I did not have a win against during the regular season.  Stars just aligned on this one for my team.

We will do our best to make the Conference proud come finals time!

BTW, anyone want to join a fantasy draft tonight? Long established, solid league, but an owner had an emergency.

Straight forward .5 ppr, QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, D, K on yahoo... set for 8:30 eastern tonight. Let me know if you are interested ($200 buy in, like I said, solid league, some trades, some shtick, the usual)

scoobus said:
Good series Kev, was definitely able to use my rebounding edge to my advantage.
And with that, the leagues two best rebounding teams (and respective Conference regular season best records) will go head to head for the crown. 

To a good series!

:CHAMPAGNE: 

KAT showing the true meaning of MVP. 

Goes for 29 and 11 in game 5 to get the ring.  In the 4th quarter and overtime alone. 47 and 21 in the game.    :shock:

Great series Scoobus. :hifive:   Top two teams for the crown... I needed furious 4th quarter comebacks in the last two games after you made some adjustments, some actual chess going on there in this series. 

Thanks to all for convincing me to join this thing, definitely had some luck shine on my and exceeded all expectations. 

Little Final Series Breakdown, as KAT gets separation (and well deserved) for Playoff MVP to go with Co-regular season status - but no question the pieces around him played a huge role (in fact, in the Conference Finals, Howard or Hardaway got a Player of the Game in half the games, Barnes picking one up the series prior):

• KAT averaged 35 and 15, adding nearly 4 assists.  Goes  for 49 and 16 in game 1 and the 47 and 21 in game 5 to bookend the series. 
  • Dwight Howard averaged a double-double .
  • Barnes and Hardaway give just enough mid and long range balance to the inside game, each averaging 18 pts in the series. 
  • Reggie Jackson and Lawson combine to make a nice combo, collectively averaging over 10 assists in 30 combined minutes per game.

Great season to all... Dubs had the early crushing 20 game win streak, but in the end there was no one team heads and shoulders above the others during the regular season.  Battled close to the end for best records, seeding and playoff spots, a lot of fun.

Here's to WIS' new ownership getting some appropriate updates both to the engine and interface.

Ironically, as much fun as this was the best part is I know the NBA better than I have in literally decades... in large part because my Knicks.  I can deal with sucking on the court, but the (interns) sucking (in limos) and all that crap under this ownership really got me distant from the sport.  It's solid to be able to follow now knowing most of the guys, at least.

Onto a new season... and... SIMLIVE Basketball? :coffee:

PS: When's the draft?

NBA Season is 38 days away!
This time of year, one year ago, I had heard of/at least sorta knew 25% of my roster (and the father of one of my bench players). Crazy... and holy ####, the start is that soon?  

BTW, how you schnooks let a rookie take this league I don't know. :boxing:  

Congrats Koya!  Best team won.  I had a better regular season record, but I was in the much easier conference.

Would have liked to have made it back to back championships, but I'll settle for the silver.

Btw, this thread started on 9/12 last year, first auction day was 9/26, so we need to start thinking about next season already.

from the email the site sent out

"Check your team management center for the league's MVP."

Figured they'd have that and the 6th man

from the email the site sent out

"Check your team management center for the league's MVP."

Figured they'd have that and the 6th man
Pretty sure they just mean the "League Leaders" 

Regular Season MVP:

1. Russell Westbrook Beastbrook Five 43

2. Karl-Anthony Towns kaTUpsiders     43

3.16-17 LeBron JamesYo Mama 39

4.16-17 DeMarcus Cousins Jomar 37

5.16-17 Anthony Davis JMon 36

6.16-17 Hassan Whiteside The Dubs Bench Mob 35

Playoffs MVP:

1. Karl-Anthony Towns kaTUpsiders 46

2. Russell Westbrook Beastbrook Five 44

3. LeBron JamesYo Mama 41

4. John Wall McWallum6 36

5. DeMarcus Cousins Jomar 35

6. Hassan WhitesideThe Dubs Bench Mob 35

Last edited by a moderator:
Told Koya the Champ to start up the thread...not sure if it happens in this forum or what?
What other forum would it be? Once we get "consensus" (like one other person to say yeah, this forum) I'll set it up.

as long as TRE THE COMMISH will handle the delicate tabulations and chest fest come auction time. 

What other forum would it be? Once we get "consensus" (like one other person to say yeah, this forum) I'll set it up.

as long as TRE THE COMMISH will handle the delicate tabulations and chest fest come auction time. 
yeah, this forum 

Users who are viewing this thread