What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Music app on iPhone (1 Viewer)

Spike

Footballguy
Good morning.

Hoping the masses can help me here.

Being tired of dealing with Spotify on my iPhone to listen to music while camping during the summer, I am in search of a new means to play the music I have.

Did a search in the App Store on my iPhone and realize I have no idea which one will meet the limited needs I have, so I thought of the FFA.

What I am looking for:

• a basic player
  • one in which I can periodically shuffle the order of the songs
  • one in which I might have subset playlists (or might just have one big compilation of my songs)
  • something with an easy UI (both to pull the music off my computer, where it is stored, and to use)
So...any suggestions?

TIA.

When you say “music I have” can you explain what you mean?  Have you bought the songs/albums from a particular app/company?  Or did you rip CDs?

Personally I use Amazon Music - playlist are synced across all my devices (Phone, iPad, Amazon Echo/Show).  Love it.

Are you trying to avoid storing the music on your phone? If not, just import the songs/albums into iTunes and sync your music from there and then you can use the native iPhone music app. 

Are you trying to avoid storing the music on your phone? If not, just import the songs/albums into iTunes and sync your music from there and then you can use the native iPhone music app. 
No, not trying to avoid storing the music on the phone.  Looking to store it on the phone (I have under 200 songs I would store) and use an app to play them.

No, not trying to avoid storing the music on the phone.  Looking to store it on the phone (I have under 200 songs I would store) and use an app to play them.
The native Apple "Music" app (note: you don't have to connect it to "Apple Music" the streaming service) will do everything you require. You plug in the phone to your PC. Then in iTunes, import your music to the iTunes library. Then you can load your device with your music. And as a plus, you won't need wifi/cell signal to play your music, as you aren't streaming it any more. 

For the free Apple Music app which is on the phone, can I use it to upload songs stored in folders on my PC instead of songs stored on my PC in iTunes?

For the free Apple Music app which is on the phone, can I use it to upload songs stored in folders on my PC instead of songs stored on my PC in iTunes?
Can't you just point iTunes to the folders where the music is stored, so you don't need duplicates?

Yes, but if you do what I suggested above, you don't have to mess with "Apple Music" (a streaming service). The Music app (not Apple Music, just Music) on your phone already will do what you are wanting. You just have to use the iTunes program to import your music from your PC folders into the iTunes library. 

Users who are viewing this thread