What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mixon or Cooper: Keeper Question (1 Viewer)

Keep Mixon or Cooper

• Mixon

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Cooper

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Avery

Footballguy
14 team, PPR, 6 pts TD, 3 keepers, QB / 2-3 RB / 2-3 WR / TE / K / TD

No penalty or time limit on keepers.

Keeping it pretty simple here, all things being equal, who would you rather have as a keeper in this league: Mixon or Cooper?

I guess another way of asking is which of thee guys has a better change to be top tier at his position in the league and maybe sprinkle in a bit of positional scarcity with a dash of longevity in your calculation.  Cooper has a bigger track record of success but also a bigger tack record of failure as well. Mixon is less of a known.

Would love to hear your thoughts.  Thanks!  :thumbup:

Who are your other two keepers?

Given no other information,  I would keep Mixon as well.  I am not convinced that Cooper will ever be the WR we all thought he might be.  Looks more like he's a decent WR2.  So I would roll the dice with Mixon, which has his own risk but the payoff is much higher.

Neither! Package them together in a trade to a bottom team. If someone will take both for a true workhorse RB, i say go for it. 

To mix things up I will vote Cooper over Mixon. Between Andy Dalton and the Cincy O line I don't see Mixon living up to his RB1 potential (this season). If he was somewhere else I think he could have easily been the best RB from that draft class. Perhaps he will be in a few years. I think Mixon has the potential to be better than Fournette, CMC, etc. but not for a while. 

Cooper has two 70 reception 1000 yard seasons, back to back, rookie and sophomore year. Only 3 have done that, and OBJ was one (Marques Colston the other). And cooper did that with Carr and a poor offensive coordinator. Cooper was asked to run the 9 route 30 percent of the time last season, where he is less than 50% successful. His best routes are corner, post, comeback, dig, and screen and last season he ran those 2%, 8%, 2%, 4%, and 0.5% respectively. He ran his 5 best routes less than 15% last season. Cooper posted over 75% success on all those routes. I see an elite WR athlete who was asked to run routes that were not his best, while injured, with an injured QB. He has Jordy Nelson to mentor him, Gruden who loves WR1s, and more muscle for added durability (hopefully). Kid is still 24 years old, great personality, no off field issues (Mixon incidents in college). 

I am huge fan of both of these guys. I don't think you can go wrong either way. Just wanted to argue in Coopers favor. 

I go with Mixon.

My feeling is that Cooper is entering his 4th year and we have a large enough sample size to know what to expect.  To me, his career path looks very similar to that of Michael Crabtree's.  Underwhelming in the beginning after extremely high expectations.  Decent fantasy player, but never taking the next step to elite WR1 territory.

Joe Mixon is still unknown.  Heck, he could end up similar to Cooper at the RB position.  But this is only his 2nd year, so there's time.  

I guess a lot depends on who your other keepers are, but my vote would be to go with Mixon.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread