What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PPR Keeper: Mixon or Dobbins? (1 Viewer)

Who to keep for my 3rd keeper?

• Mixon

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Dobbins

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Avery

Footballguy
Three player keeper league. No draft pick sacrifice for a keeper. Keep a player for as many years as you want.

I'm already keeping Kelce and Amon St. Brown.

For my third keeper, do I keep Mixon or Dobbins?

Here's my thinking:
Mixon: Little RB competition and catches the ball regularly out of the backfield. Had a very strong end to last year and the Bengals have no reason not to work him hard this year but this may be his last year of relevance.
Dobbins: I love the player but can't ignore the injuries and historically (although it may change with a new OC) the RBs don't catch the ball much out of the backfield here. He also has more competition for carries with Edwards and Hill. But he is younger than Mixon and I love his skill set.

Would love to hear from the wisdom of the board.

Thanks!(y)

These are very close so I give the nod to Dobbins because of the keep forever aspect. I think his value is higher in year 2 or 3 which puts him slightly ahead of Mixon for me.

These are very close so I give the nod to Dobbins because of the keep forever aspect. I think his value is higher in year 2 or 3 which puts him slightly ahead of Mixon for me.
I'm kinda there with you but I also might float both out to teams looking for keepers and see who I can get more for in return.

I'm kinda there with you but I also might float both out to teams looking for keepers and see who I can get more for in return.
That is always the best approach when you have to let one guy go and they are that close. Get the best return you can and let that other guy make the choice for you.

i'd keep mixon and not worry about the longer aspect of keeping a young guy. only 3 keepers so youth and longevity isn't such a top priority. try to win now. not many rbs out there like mixon that is a true workhorse. otherwise maybe package both to get a higher tiered rb

My best guess is that Mixon scores more this year than Dobbins. Even if Dobbins is healthy all year [ I'm skeptical ] Gus Edwards should get a significant workload. Plan to draft a successor to Mixon for your keeper next year.

Users who are viewing this thread