What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Missing Cleveland teens found Alive 10 years after being abducted! (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain said:
I asked the same question, had to be a lot more than 3 times. 3 counts of rape, 4 kidnappings, bunch of felonies but what kind of time are we talking behind bars? I would want to hope he never gets to see daylight again. How did the brothers get off the hook? They looked pretty guilty in the mug shots, they had no clue what was going on?
Oh my God
:lmao:
To be fair, they're brown. That's an automatic trigger for some.

Ministry of Pain said:
Arizona Ron said:
Why is Ariel Castro only charged with "three" counts of rape?
I asked the same question, had to be a lot more than 3 times. 3 counts of rape, 4 kidnappings, bunch of felonies but what kind of time are we talking behind bars? I would want to hope he never gets to see daylight again. How did the brothers get off the hook? They looked pretty guilty in the mug shots, they had no clue what was going on?
What's that on the Offdee scale?

-5: Looks like they could be a kidnapper, rapist, killer . . .

Prosecutor said they are going to file aggravated murder charges for each terminated pregnancy. Could face death penalty.

Prosecutor said they are going to file aggravated murder charges for each terminated pregnancy. Could face death penalty.
I read the one girl said she had 5 miscarriages?? She says once pregnant, he would starve her for two weeks then punch her in the stomach repeatedly. Ugh.

Death is too good for scum like this. I'd rather he be stuck in the hole for 23 hours a day for the next 30+ years.

I hope he gets it, but how can they charge for murder for an abortion?
Probably by drawing a line between a birth mother deciding to have an abortion and a 3rd party starving and beating the #### out of a pregnant lady with the goal of killing her unborn child.

Put away the torches & pitchforks - not blaming the victims here at all. Just trying to understand how 3 grown adults can't get out of a house? Looking at the pictures of the house the neighbors are right on top of each other too.
You're a ####### idiot then. Although a happy ending, what a horrible story. These sob's should be tortured for the rest of their lives.

Ministry of Pain said:
Oh my God
:lmao: :lmao:

Ministry of Pain said:
Oh my God
:racial narrative:

Death is too good for scum like this. I'd rather he be stuck in the hole for 23 hours a day for the next 30+ years.
Unborn babies have no rights.. This is a scare tactic, those charges will never stick.

I'm not a proponent for the death penalty anyways, but this guy is sick in the head and needs to be locked up forever rather than killed.

Ministry of Pain said:
Oh my God
:racial narrative:
:noclue: :howodd:

Last edited by a moderator:
Unborn babies have no rights.. This is a scare tactic, those charges will never stick.

I'm not a proponent for the death penalty anyways, but this guy is sick in the head and needs to be locked up forever rather than killed.
This is completely untrue. Even in states with rather liberal policies on abortion they have laws against killing an unborn child. There is a difference between choosing to terminate your pregnancy and some #######, who kidnapped and raped you, punching you in the stomach until you miscarry. And as a choice supporter I agree that's the way it should be. Just like because I support legal assisted suicide doesn't mean I support murder.

This is completely untrue. Even in states with rather liberal policies on abortion they have laws against killing an unborn child. There is a difference between choosing to terminate your pregnancy and some #######, who kidnapped and raped you, punching you in the stomach until you miscarry. And as a choice supporter I agree that's the way it should be. Just like because I support legal assisted suicide doesn't mean I support murder.
Absolutely spot on. I'm really torn on the abortion issue myself, but I agree with NC here 100%.

Riiiiight. That's why you can't charge someone for assault if they repeatedly punch you in the mouth until your teeth fall out because it is legal for dentists to do tooth extractions.

That doesn't even compare... An unborn baby is programed to live, it wants to live, it should be allowed to live whether the mother (or father in this case) wants it to or not... Someone who receives assisted suicide, does not want to live.

If they get him for murder, then great, I'm all for it. But when someone commits a crime against an unborn child, I'm typically dubious about the ramifications since our laws don't particularly protect the unborn child.

Riiiiight. That's why you can't charge someone for assault if they repeatedly punch you in the mouth until your teeth fall out because it is legal for dentists to do tooth extractions.
Exactly.. I'm just a dentist your honor!!

That doesn't even compare... An unborn baby is programed to live, it wants to live, it should be allowed to live whether the mother (or father in this case) wants it to or not... Someone who receives assisted suicide, does not want to live.

If they get him for murder, then great, I'm all for it. But when someone commits a crime against an unborn child, I'm typically dubious about the ramifications since our laws don't particularly protect the unborn child.
:crazy:

You should clearly withhold your thoughts on this matter because you're speaking about something of which you obviously know nothing about.

Ohio Revised Code 2903.01 Aggravated murder.

(A) No person shall purposely, and with prior calculation and design, cause the death of another or the unlawful termination of another's pregnancy.

(B) No person shall purposely cause the death of another or the unlawful termination of another's pregnancy while committing or attempting to commit, or while fleeing immediately after committing or attempting to commit, kidnapping, rape, aggravated arson, arson, aggravated robbery, robbery, aggravated burglary, burglary, trespass in a habitation when a person is present or likely to be present, terrorism, or escape.

© No person shall purposely cause the death of another who is under thirteen years of age at the time of the commission of the offense.

(D) No person who is under detention as a result of having been found guilty of or having pleaded guilty to a felony or who breaks that detention shall purposely cause the death of another.

(E) No person shall purposely cause the death of a law enforcement officer whom the offender knows or has reasonable cause to know is a law enforcement officer when either of the following applies:

(1) The victim, at the time of the commission of the offense, is engaged in the victim's duties.

(2) It is the offender's specific purpose to kill a law enforcement officer.

(F) Whoever violates this section is guilty of aggravated murder, and shall be punished as provided in section 2929.02 of the Revised Code.

(G) As used in this section:

(1) "Detention" has the same meaning as in section 2921.01 of the Revised Code.

(2) "Law enforcement officer" has the same meaning as in section 2911.01 of the Revised Code.

Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.29,HB 86, §1, eff. 9/30/2011.

Effective Date: 05-15-2002

Aside from the other neighbor guy's contradictory story to Ramsay's (my instinct is to believe him more, and not because Ramsay is black- because he's an exhbitionist).. I would definitely be appreciative to whoever punched/kicked through the lower part of that door if I was one of those women. But I don't understand why people/the media think what he did is exceptional. It's commendable, no doubt. It deserves respect and immense gratitude. But exceptional? Would the average able-bodied man not go try and help considering the desperation and what he was hearing from the woman on the other side of the door? I almost think it would be instinct to. Women knee-jerk respond to the cries of children in distress, men knee-jerk respond to the cries of women in distress. I could see someone attacking what I'm saying because all the praise Ramsay got for his exceptional heroics is motivation for people to follow suit if ever a situation to arises, but I think if you make it out to be exceptional, the responsibility to help that a person feels simply out of their humanity is depreciated. Only a few are exceptional, if you're not, no biggie. Hopefully one of the Ramsay's of the world will come along.
Oh, look. Someone went to their alias to stir the pot some more. :rolleyes:
??

:lmao: :lmao:

Saw the comments of the guy's daughter in her CNN interview. In summary 'he's dead to me.' Weird stuff over the years that now in hindsight explain a lot. He'd always take a long time to answer the door ...kept music playing loud when she and her family visited ...wouldn't let her go upstairs to see her former room ...basement always locked ...he'd always have to be back at the house within a day. Now she understands why all that occurred.

But the thing that you're missing is that you're wrong.

Absolutely spot on. I'm really torn on the abortion issue myself, but I agree with NC here 100%.
:yes:

Saw the comments of the guy's daughter in her CNN interview. In summary 'he's dead to me.' Weird stuff over the years that now in hindsight explain a lot. He'd always take a long time to answer the door ...kept music playing loud when she and her family visited ...wouldn't let her go upstairs to see her former room ...basement always locked ...he'd always have to be back at the house within a day. Now she understands why all that occurred.
ugh, that had to have been a Keyser Soze moment for her.

Those who are pro choice, are pro choice because they believe the mother's wishes are more important. So by that logic for it to be murder they would have to prove the mother wanted this guy's child because what if she didn't want the kid either and went along with the beatings to help cause the miscarriage?

But the thing that you're missing is that you're wrong.

Those who are pro choice, are pro choice because they believe the mother's wishes are more important. So by that logic for it to be murder they would have to prove the mother wanted this guy's child because what if she didn't want the kid either and went along with the beatings to help cause the miscarriage?
Yes, the prosecution will have the difficult task of proving that the woman didn't want to not eat for two weeks and have the #### beat out of her.

I love that this story has brushed up against the abortion issue because the crazy/stupid that comes along with it is usually pretty good for a chuckle.

Are you really this ####### stupid?

:crazy:

You should clearly withhold your thoughts on this matter because you're speaking about something of which you obviously know nothing about.
How many unborn children are killed every year? (approx 1.3million through abortion) How many people are punished for those deaths?

Unborn babies have no rights.. This is a scare tactic, those charges will never stick. I'm not a proponent for the death penalty anyways, but this guy is sick in the head and needs to be locked up forever rather than killed.
That doesn't even compare... An unborn baby is programed to live, it wants to live, it should be allowed to live whether the mother (or father in this case) wants it to or not... Someone who receives assisted suicide, does not want to live. If they get him for murder, then great, I'm all for it. But when someone commits a crime against an unborn child, I'm typically dubious about the ramifications since our laws don't particularly protect the unborn child.
:crazy: You should clearly withhold your thoughts on this matter because you're speaking about something of which you obviously know nothing about.
How many unborn children are killed every year? How many people are punished for those deaths?
Destroying a fetus, by request of the mother = removing random grouping of cellsDestroying a fetus without request of the mother = murderObviously, only the desires of the mother conveys life on an embryo.

Unborn babies have no rights.. This is a scare tactic, those charges will never stick. I'm not a proponent for the death penalty anyways, but this guy is sick in the head and needs to be locked up forever rather than killed.
That doesn't even compare... An unborn baby is programed to live, it wants to live, it should be allowed to live whether the mother (or father in this case) wants it to or not... Someone who receives assisted suicide, does not want to live. If they get him for murder, then great, I'm all for it. But when someone commits a crime against an unborn child, I'm typically dubious about the ramifications since our laws don't particularly protect the unborn child.
:crazy: You should clearly withhold your thoughts on this matter because you're speaking about something of which you obviously know nothing about.
How many unborn children are killed every year? How many people are punished for those deaths?
Destroying a fetus, by request of the mother = removing random grouping of cellsDestroying a fetus without request of the mother = murderObviously, only the desires of the mother conveys life on an embryo.
Really?Haven't we done this debate to death? Start a new thread.

Assuming he will have a court-appointed attorney, does this person really have to try hard to defend this guy? Can't they just accept the charges, plead guilty, and move on to sentencing?

Assuming he will have a court-appointed attorney, does this person really have to try hard to defend this guy? Can't they just accept the charges, plead guilty, and move on to sentencing?
My guess is they will pile on the charges and the only plea bargain may be "we won't kill you if you plead and save us some work". Pretty sure he will be told to accept that deal because otherwise he is unlikely to escape the death penalty. If there is no deal made available, and that wouldn't really surprise me, then it should still be pretty quick.

Really?Haven't we done this debate to death? Start a new thread.
I didn't start it, just joining in.

My guess is they will pile on the charges and the only plea bargain may be "we won't kill you if you plead and save us some work". Pretty sure he will be told to accept that deal because otherwise he is unlikely to escape the death penalty. If there is no deal made available, and that wouldn't really surprise me, then it should still be pretty quick.
How many times is the death penalty applied when their isn't a murder involved (barring an effort to have the miscarriages labeled as murder, which may be somewhat complicated to do)?

How many times is the death penalty applied when their isn't a murder involved (barring an effort to have the miscarriages labeled as murder, which may be somewhat complicated to do)?
I've heard that they should be able to add murder charges with him having caused the miscarriages. And because of that, they should be able to seek the death penalty. Shouldn't be very hard to do.

It's true. If we take away the possibility of him being charged with murder, he probably won't get the death penalty for being convicted of murder.

I've heard that they should be able to add murder charges with him having caused the miscarriages. And because of that, they should be able to seek the death penalty. Shouldn't be very hard to do.
I am sure the prosecutor will try but there would still have to be evidence that the girl was pregnant, he assaulted her, and he caused the miscarriage; all of which may be hard to prove.

It's true. If we take away the possibility of him being charged with murder, he probably won't get the death penalty for being convicted of murder.
I am asking if the kidnapping/rape are enough to convict him and punish him to the death penalty.

He may want to plead for the death penalty, rather then face what the next 30 years will hold for him.

On Yahoo there is a story titled Ohio man's relatives call him a monster. A user "adam" just posted some really disturbing #### in the comments section. Somebody, many of you, please report this to the FBI. My plane is about to take off.

Users who are viewing this thread