What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mike Goodson traded to Raiders (1 Viewer)

Panthers RB Mike Goodson revealed on his Twitter account Friday that he has been traded to the Oakland Raiders.

Related: PanthersSource: Mike Goodson on Twitter Mar 30 - 3:06 PM

Wrong guy!! :wall:

I just picked him up in my Dynasty Free Agent draft. I saw Jeff Haseley post about this on his twitter account. So I snagged him up. Good stuff. :football:

Panthers RB Mike Goodson revealed on his Twitter account Friday that he has been traded to the Oakland Raiders.Related: PanthersSource: Mike Goodson on Twitter Mar 30 - 3:06 PMWrong guy!! :wall:
Not for Taiwan Jones owners.
Meaning a good thing for Jones?
Yes, Goodson is not a replacement for Bush, has never been seen as a 3 down back. Means there is still hope that Jones could be DMC's handcuff.

Panthers RB Mike Goodson revealed on his Twitter account Friday that he has been traded to the Oakland Raiders.Related: PanthersSource: Mike Goodson on Twitter Mar 30 - 3:06 PMWrong guy!! :wall:
Yes, Goodson is not a replacement for Bush, has never been seen as a 3 down back. Means there is still hope that Jones could be DMC's handcuff.
My initial reaction was that it put a damper on taiwan's sleeper appeal

I liked Goodson in Carolina, but he didn't really have a spot here. He has shown some flashes, but the one area he had a chance to excel in (the return game) wasn't possible because he constantly muffed/fumbled everything he touched. I think he can be a solid #2 if given the chance.

Can't imagine Carolina got much for him.

Adam Caplan just tweeted this

Adam Caplan ‏ @caplannfl

Reply RetweetedRetweet

Goodson can help on special teams returns, should compete for #2 RB job with the Raiders. More of a change up RB.

I don't see this as a huge threat to Taiwan at all. Basically they replaced RBs in the off season.Michael Bush out..... Mike Goodson in.Seems to me like Taiwan will still get more of an opportunity than he was lined up for last season.

Yeah, I don't know which way to take this one. I would hope Jones still had a shot and I kinda see goodson as being the same role as Bush (in the sense that he is very different than Jones and Jones is more like DMAC).But I know there a re a lot of people that have always thought Goodson was very good in his limited opportunities. I don't know enough about him really.I guess if any Carolina back had to be traded to Oakland this was the one that would least upset an apple cart. DWIL or JSTEW to Oakland would have been an interesting topic to discuss. Why, O fantasy football gods, can't the Broncos make a long distance call to Carolina? I don't care which one they take..just take one!

I liked Goodson in Carolina, but he didn't really have a spot here. He has shown some flashes, but the one area he had a chance to excel in (the return game) wasn't possible because he constantly muffed/fumbled everything he touched. I think he can be a solid #2 if given the chance.Can't imagine Carolina got much for him.
He has a bit of a concussion history as well IIRC.

Goodson is extremely talented and is starter material IMO. I think this is great for him as there is a high likelihood that DMC will miss games and he should have an opportunity to shine in an offense that should fit his style (which is similar to DMC).

As a dynasty owner who was considering cutting him, this is great news.

This is how I see it.

I really like the moves Reggie McKenzie has made so far. He's bringing in quality players at very fair prices.

Bartell

Spencer

Brisiel

Goodson

I like all these moves, especially considering the state of the Raiders' cap.

Now he just needs to sign Phllip Wheeler and they will be in the perfect position to draft value instead of need next month.

Goodson is extremely talented and is starter material IMO. I think this is great for him as there is a high likelihood that DMC will miss games and he should have an opportunity to shine in an offense that should fit his style (which is similar to DMC).As a dynasty owner who was considering cutting him, this is great news.
Agreed, as of right now, Goodson is the DMC cuff imo.....

stewart isnt going anywhere people
...till 2013. Have to wait another year....damn.
the waiting is the hardest part
Especially since it seems to never end. Thought it would only last until Williams contract was up. Now I'm thinking the Panthers will extend Stewart or resign him just to continue the fantasy frustration. Guy seems destined for the "if only" HOF.
watch em franchise stew. LOL

It's a nice move by the Raiders. Very capable pass-catching back and has also shown glimpses of being able to handle a bigger load if necessary.

I see this as a trade that works for both teams. Oakland gets an immediate upgrade at their RB3 spot, and possible an RB2 guy, while Carolina gets back an offensive lineman that has the physical tools but hasn't put it together yet. Goodson was most likely going to be cut anyway, so they got something for him.

Personally, I like Josh Vaughn as a better fit for Carolina anyway, because he's a better special teams player...and that is really the only role either of them would have on the team.

Goodson is extremely talented and is starter material IMO. I think this is great for him as there is a high likelihood that DMC will miss games and he should have an opportunity to shine in an offense that should fit his style (which is similar to DMC).As a dynasty owner who was considering cutting him, this is great news.
I don't see it. I think he will be behind Taiwan.125 career attempts, 4.0 ypc, and 5 fumbles.He can't be trusted as anything more than a special teams player imo,and a 3rd down back who can catch the ball in the flat.

Good move for Carolina. Otah needs to show us he can remain on the field all 16 games. We needed something else. I think the Raiders got a bang up player and one of the local fan favorites.

I don't see it. I think he will be behind Taiwan.125 career attempts, 4.0 ypc, and 5 fumbles.He can't be trusted as anything more than a special teams player imo,and a 3rd down back who can catch the ball in the flat.
Look at 2010 games 10, 11, 12, which are the games when he was the feature back.I also note that DeAngelo and Stewart also fumbled a lot in 2010, so maybe that was a coaching issue.

I don't know -- he's received more than 15 carries in a game twice, and both times he rushed for 100 yards or more. The fumbles are an issue, but can hopefully be corrected. Ryan Mathews fumbled 5 times in his first 150 carries. It's way too early to write off Goodson as nothing more than a special teams player.

I don't know -- he's received more than 15 carries in a game twice, and both times he rushed for 100 yards or more. The fumbles are an issue, but can hopefully be corrected. Ryan Mathews fumbled 5 times in his first 150 carries. It's way too early to write off Goodson as nothing more than a special teams player.
:goodposting: I really liked how he looked with more carries from week 10-17 of 2010... but, Fumbles are a problem.

Goodson is extremely talented and is starter material IMO. I think this is great for him as there is a high likelihood that DMC will miss games and he should have an opportunity to shine in an offense that should fit his style (which is similar to DMC).

As a dynasty owner who was considering cutting him, this is great news.
I don't see it. I think he will be behind Taiwan.125 career attempts, 4.0 ypc, and 5 fumbles.

He can't be trusted as anything more than a special teams player imo,

and a 3rd down back who can catch the ball in the flat.
:goodposting: I really liked how he looked with more carries from week 10-17 of 2010... but, Fumbles are a problem.
With more reps in practice and good coaching this can be corrected. I remember Mendenhall and Tiki Barber having problems with fumbling. After a few years that problem was corrected. Its flawed thinking to think an RB is suppose to never fumble. even the best fumble on occasion.

Besides one preseason game against Saints 2nd & 3rd teamers, how do you know Taiwan is any good?

Besides one preseason game against Saints 2nd & 3rd teamers, how do you know Taiwan is any good?
post of the thread.

A nice deal for both teams. Low risk all around. Both guys were in danger of not making it through training camps with their respective teams. Both players are winners in this deal, as they go to teams that actually value their services. Neither is a lock to make the roster. Low dollar, low risk deal. But plenty of upside for both the Panthers and Raiders. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
post of the thread.
I guess I could ask the same question about a RB who has a total of 125 carries at 4.0 and 5 fumbles.Taiwan has a higher ceiling, imo.

There goes Reece's sleeper potential
I still think Reece is the better player
probably, but he plays a different position.
understood. I'm more commenting on the fact that I think Oakland will still try to get Reece more involved this year. I don't see Goodson changing anything.
you are right. He won't. It will be like last year. DMC starts, Goodson take Bush's spot, Taiwan is in for a handful of plays, Reece will block and catch out of the FB spot, and Goodson will get alot more work if/when DMC gets injured.

Users who are viewing this thread