What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Michael Vick Week 1 (1 Viewer)

Rushmore

Footballguy
Anyone worried about this matchup for the opener. He struggled mightily against them on both occasions last season. :popcorn:

Anyone worried about this matchup for the opener. He struggled mightily against them on both occasions last season. :popcorn:
Before last seasons struggles, Vick & the Falcons :own3d: the Panthers.Which Vick & Falcons O shows up? Last years?~ or ~Previous years?Thats the sixtyfourthousand dollar question.

I'm concerned also.

FWIW I'm starting Brooks vs. SD over Vick.

Problem is Vick really has a tough schedule this year, so if you're not starting him against Car now do you also bench him against TB, NYG, Pit, etc?

He's got nice matchups in Weeks 3 and 4, then a bye Week 5, then not really anything good until weeks 9 and 10 against Det and Cle

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm concerned also.FWIW I'm starting Brooks vs. SD over Vick.Problem is Vick really has a tough schedule this year, so if you're not starting him against Car now do you also bench him against TB, NYG, Pit, etc?He's got nice matchups in Weeks 3 and 4, then a bye Week 5, then not really anything good until weeks 9 and 10 against Det and Cle
I'm kinda in the same boat. Except I have Culpepper as well. Yet, I'm still going with Vick. Looking for some vultured goalline td's.

I'm concerned also.FWIW I'm starting Brooks vs. SD over Vick.Problem is Vick really has a tough schedule this year, so if you're not starting him against Car now do you also bench him against TB, NYG, Pit, etc?He's got nice matchups in Weeks 3 and 4, then a bye Week 5, then not really anything good until weeks 9 and 10 against Det and Cle
And I thought I was the only sad sap who had Vick/Brooks as his QBBC. :loco: It could be a loooooooong year.

And I thought I was the only sad sap who had Vick/Brooks as his QBBC. :loco: It could be a loooooooong year.
I got a little bit of Favre sprinked in there as well. We'll see, I think the combo can work out, though I'm expecting to have to overcome a ton of INTs.

I am in the club with Brooks and Vick. I also grabbed Bledsoe. I am not starting Vick this week.

I am in the club with Brooks and Vick. I also grabbed Bledsoe. I am not starting Vick this week.
1. Vick2. Warner3. BrooksGoing with Warner this week.

LordHusker said:
my man otis said:
Why didn't you listen to the painkiller man about dem black QBs? :D

If you have a decent option, sit Vick in week one just to see if he's adjusted to Carolina or not. But Vick owners should watch him carefully this week beacuse he also plays Carolina in week 16.

If Vick progresses as a QB, then seeing these defenses twice a year could be to his advantage. He did quite well against Tampa Bay last year after struggling against them earlier in his career.

If he does average or good this Sunday against the Panthers, then owners should be very excited about him and feel somewhat comfortable about his playoff schedule.

If he does poor, then owners can expect a repeat of last year's numbers and a 6-10 QB ranking, which isn't all that bad... But they should definitely start thinking about a playoff QB, especially for week 16.

The great thing about having Vick this year, is that most people drafted him as a lower level QB1 or a QB2 and have pretty good alternatives... unlike years past when it would take a 6th round pick or earlier to get him.

my man otis said:
LordHusker said:
my man otis said:
I got a little bit of Favre sprinked in there as well. We'll see, I think the combo can work out, though I'm expecting to have to overcome a ton of INTs.
Fortunately, we aren't penalized for INTs. It's a 14-team league. Like I said about the looooooong year. I also have the Bells from Denver. :wall:

It's a no brainer for me. Vick vs Carolina or Big Ben sitting out.

Here's to hoping Vick comes out with a huge Game 1 :banned:

(.....then maybe I can work a little trade before week 2)

If you have a decent option, sit Vick in week one just to see if he's adjusted to Carolina or not. But Vick owners should watch him carefully this week beacuse he also plays Carolina in week 16.

If Vick progresses as a QB, then seeing these defenses twice a year could be to his advantage. He did quite well against Tampa Bay last year after struggling against them earlier in his career.

If he does average or good this Sunday against the Panthers, then owners should be very excited about him and feel somewhat comfortable about his playoff schedule.

If he does poor, then owners can expect a repeat of last year's numbers and a 6-10 QB ranking, which isn't all that bad... But they should definitely start thinking about a playoff QB, especially for week 16.

The great thing about having Vick this year, is that most people drafted him as a lower level QB1 or a QB2 and have pretty good alternatives... unlike years past when it would take a 6th round pick or earlier to get him.
:goodposting: i'm also in the "wait and see" club... i'd like to see how vick progressed this offseason physically and mentally before i start him against a defense like the panthers... of course having trent green as my other qb is nice

Big Score said:
Rushmore said:
Before last seasons struggles, Vick & the Falcons :own3d: the Panthers.
I say he does well once again because he won't have his coaches harping on him to stay in the packet and he can play his style of game rather than try to be something he's not. Also vick doesn't suck two games in a row and in week #2 vs the bucs he wil BLOW.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the record - I Do not own Vick in one single league this year.

My gut tells me Carolina wins this game, but in more of a shootout than you'd expect from a tough D unit like Carolina has. It's a pure hunch, but I like Vick for a couple of scores PLUS this week in Carolina.

One thing I know for sure is I can't wait for week 1 baby!

Between Vick and Leftwich for me...

Currently have Leftwich in the lineup, but will probably switch it to Vick by Sunday morning..

Users who are viewing this thread