What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Man of Constant Sorrow - 1 year today (1 Viewer)

Our friend Tom, 9/23/68-1/11/21

How excitable, adorable & irritating was my pal. He gave pace to my posting and worry to my laughter. The Possums of Comedy tour is just not the same without you, my friend. Dance  in peace -
Wait, what?  He died?  This is where aliases and shtick always confuse me.   

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd been thinking of him a lot the past few days as we fired up a new Beatles thread.  When I picture him, I picture that dancing video you linked, plus all the crazy stuff he posted in the original Beatles thread.  I'll always associate "Flying" and "Across The Universe" with him.  Dammit, Tom, you still owed us a write-up for "Across The Universe"!

One of the only people I've ever thought of as pure joy.  Rest In Possums.

diabetes stopped his heart, apparently. thread
Oh man.  He was cool.  One of the few I have DM'd with over the years.  He liked my wife's artwork. 

I was diagnosed as diabetic back in June.  My blood pressure was through the roof.  My Dr. said I could be in big trouble if I caught the covid.  He had a similar patient die that week!  Luckily, I dropped twenty pounds fast, and my numbers got normal.  I got the booster, went Keto and now I'm down fifty-ish and feeling good.  Please people, don't mess with this stuff.  We are OLD now.  This suxors.

I miss Tom. I was totally unaware today was the anniversary of his death. I was thinking about him today because I got a PM from a friend and I wrote back, specifically mentioning that friend's obit/eulogy of Tom in the thread that announced his passing. That friend's informal eulogy was pathos, quite simple and beautiful. I miss daily conversations with that friend, too, but will always treasure the ones I was and am able to have at times. 

Godspeed, Tom and the Dapper Dan/rockaction 5 cent advice crew. Love you guys. 

Users who are viewing this thread