What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Lineup Dominator" (1 Viewer)

JayK

Footballguy
I was just wondering if any of you have used the "Lineup Dominator" tool offerred on the FBGs website as an aide to setting your lineup, and if so what success have you had? I downloaded it (along with my lineup and league scoring) and got some wierd suggestions (at least, it seemed that way to me based on my projections for this week). For instance, it suggested starting Ahman Green over Warrick Dunn and Derrick Mason over Darrell Jackson. So has anyone else out there tried this tool, and what did you think if you did?

Have you tried updating the projections? Plus, check and make sure you set up your league's scoring correctly under setup. A number or decimal in the wrong place can throw off projections.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried updating the projections? Plus, check and make sure you set up your league's scoring correctly under setup. A number or decimal in the wrong place can throw off projections.
Yeah... I did do a double check on my scoring to make sure I hadn't made any mistakes there, and couldn't find any. But for some reason, whenever I try to update with the latest projections through the program I get a connection error, so I do an "end run" there... when they do the updates to the data I download the program again and overwrite the old data. I checked the update screen to make sure I had the right updates too, and everything is ok. But it still had Alex Smith scoring twice as many points as Rex Grossman this week, even though the FBGs projections show them much closer.

i've never understood this tool, but i haven't looked into it much, so i wouldn't be the guy to ask. i am curious to see how other people use it as well.

Here's a link to the updated Lineup Dominator (assuming you're a FBG subscriber). Projections were updated yesterday and today, as far as I can tell, so I'm not sure of what's the problem.

If reinstalling it from the link above doesn't work, try posting in Application Questions to get a more official response. I believe I've seen Bruce answer each and every post that I've checked in that forum.

its pretty much just a desktop of the online cheatsheets, I like it for the convenience of having my roster pre-loaded instead of sifting through the online sheets.I follow it pretty much to a tee unless, for example this week it says i should start CTaylor over dunn (difference of 1pt) I personally would start dunn.

its pretty much just a desktop of the online cheatsheets, I like it for the convenience of having my roster pre-loaded instead of sifting through the online sheets.I follow it pretty much to a tee unless, for example this week it says i should start CTaylor over dunn (difference of 1pt) I personally would start dunn.
i used it last week just out of curiosity and it predicted my total pts w/in 5, but it was way off on my opponent by about 20 pts. i didnt check individual players against what they actually scored but as a team.

I'm curious if people that play in multiple leagues have had success keeping the LD up to date. My limited testing for my 10 leagues was not manageble so I've not continued with the LD. Instead I try and keep up with a spreadsheet to track all 10 lgs, top250 value, rankings, free agents, etc.

I'm curious if people that play in multiple leagues have had success keeping the LD up to date. My limited testing for my 10 leagues was not manageble so I've not continued with the LD. Instead I try and keep up with a spreadsheet to track all 10 lgs, top250 value, rankings, free agents, etc.
well im in 3 leagues, and what I do is every week maybe friday/saturday i goto the transaction page and update everyones rosters for adds/drops, if thats what you mean. The only problem I have with LD is I wish it would show me projected stats for other teams vs other teams. I'd like to know everyones predicted stats without going into setup and putting myself as the owner to other teams.

I could imagine it becoming a chore with 10 leagues. I'm only in two, so I don't have much problem updating it. I usually update the roster moves once every 2-3 days and once every day over the weekend.I like that it gives projected strengths for all the teams in my league, showing who's stronger at what positions. Give projected win/loss record (along with potential scores, although this isn't accurate several weeks out). I can quickly find players and who the best value should be on the waiver wire. Plus, I like the built in Trade Dominator (err, Analyzer).I'm sure I left something out. But it's great to have along with other FBG info (along with other sources).As you can tell by my join date, I'm new to FBG, but as long as I continue to play FF, I think you have a repeat subscriber.

well im in 3 leagues, and what I do is every week maybe friday/saturday i goto the transaction page and update everyones rosters for adds/drops, if thats what you mean. The only problem I have with LD is I wish it would show me projected stats for other teams vs other teams. I'd like to know everyones predicted stats without going into setup and putting myself as the owner to other teams.
I know what you mean. I'd like to see in more detail what trade/waiver moves do to the other teams in my league other than looking at Team Strengths and Weekly Points. Plus, I'd prefer if the Trade Analyzer allowed you to view two teams in the same window so that trading players from one to the other is as easy as clicking the player and an arrow, while still being able to see the before/after values.

If reinstalling it from the link above doesn't work, try posting in Application Questions to get a more official response. I believe I've seen Bruce answer each and every post that I've checked in that forum.
That forum certainly needs a subtitle. I'm thinking something like Bruceland or Hendersonville. Dude lives there.
Hendersonville is a town near here (in NC) actually. Funny you should mention it.

I just had a peak at all the questions on the LD for BruceH. OMG I feel for ya Bruce!

Isn't the 4 weeks of intense programming/debugging/problem solving for DD enough in Aug/Early Sept??

I think you need a break.

Props to you man for keeping up this hectic pace.

Joe and David - don't let this guy burn out and/or get gobbled up by anyone else!

I just had a peak at all the questions on the LD for BruceH. OMG I feel for ya Bruce! Isn't the 4 weeks of intense programming/debugging/problem solving for DD enough in Aug/Early Sept??I think you need a break. Props to you man for keeping up this hectic pace. Joe and David - don't let this guy burn out and/or get gobbled up by anyone else!
We keep Bruce and Clayton locked in a basement with no knowledge of the outside world other than NFL Network. :thumbup:

I just had a peak at all the questions on the LD for BruceH. OMG I feel for ya Bruce! Isn't the 4 weeks of intense programming/debugging/problem solving for DD enough in Aug/Early Sept??I think you need a break. Props to you man for keeping up this hectic pace. Joe and David - don't let this guy burn out and/or get gobbled up by anyone else!
We keep Bruce and Clayton locked in a basement with no knowledge of the outside world other than NFL Network. :thumbup:
Where do I apply? :bag:

Users who are viewing this thread