What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LenDale is no longer fat (1 Viewer)

hey good for him. I'm the furthest thing from a White lover but that's good to hear that he stopped drinking. My biggest problem with him is that he never seemed to get it, he's got some talent but a tent cent head but maybe it was a drinking problem. Sure sounds like it.

Although even if it does make him a better "runner" it could actually make him even less of a threat to CJ. His skillset was actually absolutely perfect the way it was..he truly was the thunder to the lightning but if he loses the weight does that reduce the thunder and make him more lightning? Doesn't matter how much weight he loses he's not going to be a better RB than CJ....he'll never be as fast, he doesn't have the hands but if he loses some of his goal line power it's CJ all the time.

What it could do is increase his value after this year. I believe he's a FA and he probably feels like a starter and will probably want near starter money. From following the Whites situation a few years it seems like Fisher had grown tired of White and that this would be the last year.

Anybody got an updated photo. I'd love to see him w/o it looking like he's wearing a fanny pack under his jersey.

I agree on all the points in the post above. The loss might not improve his stats/production this year, but might in the open market next offseason.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never realized tequila contained a lot of carbs and could make one fat... maybe he drank gallons of it a day. Maybe it was the late night snacking that comes with the party lifestyle?

From following the Whites situation a few years it seems like Fisher had grown tired of White and that this would be the last year.
When?Despite what people will have you think, Lendale apologized not too long after the game where he made some comment like he should be used more AND Fisher said something like every RB should want the ball more.Fisher's support of Lendale and the public's ridiculous over-reaction to anything Lendale is the very reason it may be wise to stay in Tennessee for him.He is a good RB. 1100 yards 7 TDs as starter with 303 carries(not that high carry total), 15 TDs and 773 yards last year as a complimentary runningback. Marion Barber (who has never had 1000 yards) had 654 yards and 16 TDs three seasons ago and has supposedly been "special" ever since. When you compare he and Barber, the love the hate, it's ridiculous and get this-on gameday maybe 15 pounds between them MAYBE.

Marion Barber (who has never had 1000 yards) had 654 yards and 16 TDs three seasons ago and has supposedly been "special" ever since.

When you compare he and Barber, the love the hate, it's ridiculous and get this-on gameday maybe 15 pounds between them MAYBE.
don't think any of that hate comes from the team....it's from this board.

Screw him. I hope he chokes on a toy from a happy meal. I have CJ in a keeper and if he leaches any more 1 yd TD runs after CJ does all the work, I'll shove the toy down myself.

Screw him. I hope he chokes on a toy from a happy meal. I have CJ in a keeper and if he leaches any more 1 yd TD runs after CJ does all the work, I'll shove the toy down myself.

He is a good RB. 1100 yards 7 TDs as starter with 303 carries(not that high carry total), 15 TDs and 773 yards last year as a complimentary runningback. Marion Barber (who has never had 1000 yards) had 654 yards and 16 TDs three seasons ago and has supposedly been "special" ever since. When you compare he and Barber, the love the hate, it's ridiculous and get this-on gameday maybe 15 pounds between them MAYBE.
Agreed... I don't get the "Barber is special" stuff either. I'm not the hugest fan of White, but I don't think he's a bad RB and clearly is better as a starter than Barber. That's been already proven.

Anybody got an updated photo. I'd love to see him w/o it looking like he's wearing a fanny pack under his jersey.

I agree on all the points in the post above. The loss might not improve his stats/production this year, but might in the open market next offseason.
Here's oneAny chance the drafting of Javon Ringer got him to quit.

From following the Whites situation a few years it seems like Fisher had grown tired of White and that this would be the last year.
When?Despite what people will have you think, Lendale apologized not too long after the game where he made some comment like he should be used more AND Fisher said something like every RB should want the ball more.Fisher's support of Lendale and the public's ridiculous over-reaction to anything Lendale is the very reason it may be wise to stay in Tennessee for him.He is a good RB. 1100 yards 7 TDs as starter with 303 carries(not that high carry total), 15 TDs and 773 yards last year as a complimentary runningback. Marion Barber (who has never had 1000 yards) had 654 yards and 16 TDs three seasons ago and has supposedly been "special" ever since. When you compare he and Barber, the love the hate, it's ridiculous and get this-on gameday maybe 15 pounds between them MAYBE.
I don't have a specific article to point to but it was more of a painted picture reading articles over the years about Lendales weight and commitment and what seemed to be Fishers frustration with it and the fact that White didn't seem to get it. Perhaps some of it was my inference on the situation whereby year after year with Lendale in the fold and doing an average job they drafted RB's high in the draft to replace him. There's really not a comparison between he and Barber IMO. You might be able to try draw comparisons through stats but if you watch them there really is no comparison.

Agreed... I don't get the "Barber is special" stuff either. I'm not the hugest fan of White, but I don't think he's a bad RB and clearly is better as a starter than Barber. That's been already proven.
Marion Barber (who has never had 1000 yards) had 654 yards and 16 TDs three seasons ago and has supposedly been "special" ever since.
Lol. Barber was "special" because he averaged 4.8 y/c back to back years while Lendale was putting up 3.7 y/c behind a good offensive line. Take that plus Barber is a much better receiver and its laughable to call Lendale better.

Lol. Barber was "special" because he averaged 4.8 y/c back to back years while Lendale was putting up 3.7 y/c behind a good offensive line. Take that plus Barber is a much better receiver and its laughable to call Lendale better.
Barber was averaging 4.8 YPC behind a GREAT OL, while splitting carries with another RB. Barber averaged that YPC, because he was able to face defenses after they were tired out.As a starter Barber averaged 3.7 YPC, the SAME YPC that you say proves Lendale sucks. Barber might be a better receiver, but he's not a better running back.

Barber was averaging 4.8 YPC behind a GREAT OL, while splitting carries with another RB. Barber averaged that YPC, because he was able to face defenses after they were tired out.As a starter Barber averaged 3.7 YPC, the SAME YPC that you say proves Lendale sucks. Barber might be a better receiver, but he's not a better running back.
Switz,I respect your posts, but this is ridiculous. Let's throw out the stats for a second here. You have actually seen both of them run, right?

I know you have some kind of bias towards Felix Jones, and therefore want Marion Barber to fail, but lets be realistic here. You really think that LenDale White is a better NFL runner than Marion Barber?

You really think that LenDale White is a better NFL runner than Marion Barber?
I think they are on par. I've seen them both play, Barber runs with more heart, but no more natural ability or talent. And BTW, I've never been a fan of Barber, even before Felix was drafted, that doesn't taint my view of him at all.

I think they are on par. I've seen them both play, Barber runs with more heart, but no more natural ability or talent. And BTW, I've never been a fan of Barber, even before Felix was drafted, that doesn't taint my view of him at all.
Seriously? Really? You can pull out all ypc, all the stats, everything you want but they aren't even close in terms of their ability. They are both better off as situational backs where they can use their power as opposed to every down backs but are you telling me that if you were the coach of a team and had a choice between the two that you'd choose Lendale? I don't think one coach in 100 would choose him over Barber.

Lendale is definitely intriguing this year.

I'm not so sure the "fat" was the reason for his goalline effectiveness. I mean, he's 230 without the extra baggage - he'll be fine at the GL. What probably was affected by his girth is the YPC, which I expect to go up. He could be in for a very nice year.

I'm not so sure the "fat" was the reason for his goalline effectiveness. I mean, he's 230 without the extra baggage - he'll be fine at the GL. What probably was affected by his girth is the YPC, which I expect to go up. He could be in for a very nice year.
I found the fact that the way he lost all that weight was to cut alcohol out of his diet very interesting. If he has truly gone stone cold sober, it could really show up in his game this year - sharper mind, quicker decisions, better response times neurologically speaking - a whole host of improvements in his game may come about as a result of not drinking a ton of Patron tequila.
"To be honest, it really wasn't a lot of major diet change. Really watching what I drink. I was a big Patron consumer and that's what it was," White said. "I was drinking a lot, I drank a lot of alcohol. I cut that out of my diet all the way, I don't drink at all, I stopped drinking for six months and the weight it just started falling off. It's a tremendous difference and I feel it in my body."

See the difference is that Lendale White has a CAREER average of 3.8 y/c, Barber had a single season in which he and his QB were injured and the whole team scored ~ 100 pts fewer than they did the year before. Lendale White meanwhile averaged 3.7 y/c as a starter and 3.9 y/c with CJ wearing out defenses for him- a full yard less than CJ averaged behind the same offensive line. On the other hand when Barber was the nominal backup, despite getting 59 more touches than JJ, Barber averaged 1.2 y/c more than JJ did. And even if you did want to compare Lendale's starting year to Barber's starting year there is no way to say that Lendale is better. Lendale put up 1224 total yards on 323 touches and 7 TDs in 16 games while Barber put up 1302 yards and 9 TDs in 15 games and 290 touches. More yards, higher y/t, more TDs.

I found the fact that the way he lost all that weight was to cut alcohol out of his diet very interesting. If he has truly gone stone cold sober, it could really show up in his game this year - sharper mind, quicker decisions, better response times neurologically speaking - a whole host of improvements in his game may come about as a result of not drinking a ton of Patron tequila.
"To be honest, it really wasn't a lot of major diet change. Really watching what I drink. I was a big Patron consumer and that's what it was," White said. "I was drinking a lot, I drank a lot of alcohol. I cut that out of my diet all the way, I don't drink at all, I stopped drinking for six months and the weight it just started falling off. It's a tremendous difference and I feel it in my body."
That's what I took from the article as well but from a fantasy perspective it remains to be seen if the weight loss will be a good thing IMO.

Save the tough talk for the Eagles forum. If you want to stay here, be a lot cooler and focus on news and analysis of what you realistically expect the player to do on the field. TIA.J

Here's oneAny chance the drafting of Javon Ringer got him to quit.
The original link has a photo...you can definitely see it in his face.On the downside...there goes Krispy Kreme's stock price.

Banger said:
Bri said:
Banger said:
I don't have a specific article to point to but it was more of a painted picture reading articles over the years about Lendales weight and commitment and what seemed to be Fishers frustration with it and the fact that White didn't seem to get it. Perhaps some of it was my inference on the situation whereby year after year with Lendale in the fold and doing an average job they drafted RB's high in the draft to replace him. There's really not a comparison between he and Barber IMO. You might be able to try draw comparisons through stats but if you watch them there really is no comparison.
I wrote "when you compare he and Barber, the love the hate, it's ridiculous" and that boiled over (in other posts) into Lendale is better. The hate for one, love for the other it's like night and day difference. I would(this may be extreme but might be fun) figure you can't come up with another RB that had 1100+ and also 15 TDs and was so disliked.Sorry man but, you also bring up another Lendale detractor type thing. The Titans drafted all these RBs to replace Lendale. The Cowboys who also drafted a slew of RBs are curiously omitted, thus leaving someone to assume it's no big deal. So big deal for one, not the other. IMO It's a 2 RB league if not a 3 RB league and teams are all headed that way. I've seen CalBear's great breakdown of stats that show it's not so different but, when there are teams with 1100 and 1200 yard rushers drafting more quality backs it catches my attention. Lendale. Cowboys had Julius and Barber. Willie and Rashard last year. Thomas Jones and Shonn Greene this year, same with Westy and McCoy. Seems to me like the league is headed that way in a hurry, even if the stats don't bear it out just yet.

millertyme1 said:
Anybody got an updated photo. I'd love to see him w/o it looking like he's wearing a fanny pack under his jersey.I agree on all the points in the post above. The loss might not improve his stats/production this year, but might in the open market next offseason.
Don't have a picture, but I saw him out a couple of weeks ago. He was wearing jeans and a tucked int polo type shirt -- did a doubletake before I was sure it was him. Looked way different.

Banger said:
Mark Wimer said:
jwb said:

That's what I took from the article as well but from a fantasy perspective it remains to be seen if the weight loss will be a good thing IMO.
I'm definitely going to tune into the HOF game (duh, of course I will :lmao: ), one thing I will be looking at in particular is how LenDale looks in his touches early in the game. The proof, as always, is in the pudding once the pads go on and the actual hitting starts. We'll get an early preview (it's something to make the HOF game interesting, anyway).

makes you wonder if Lendale has/had a drinking problem and not a tequila problem. Esp. considering the Tequila he apparently drinks is clear/less preservatives which is much better calorie wise unless he downs booze then eats a ton. :)

makes you wonder if Lendale has/had a drinking problem and not a tequila problem. Esp. considering the Tequila he apparently drinks is clear/less preservatives which is much better calorie wise unless he downs booze then eats a ton. :wub:
Depens how he's drinking it, shots are different than mixed drinks- which contain a ton more calories thanks to all the extra sugar.

makes you wonder if Lendale has/had a drinking problem and not a tequila problem. Esp. considering the Tequila he apparently drinks is clear/less preservatives which is much better calorie wise unless he downs booze then eats a ton. :wub:
Depens how he's drinking it, shots are different than mixed drinks- which contain a ton more calories thanks to all the extra sugar.
True but at the same time he must have been drinking alot regardless and or eating also.

JAA said:
I wonder if he started to care because this is a contract year?
I dunno - maybe he's just growing up. Sometimes, people really expect way more from these guys (in terms of maturity) than they would normally, simply based on their paychecks/profession, etc.

Maybe he just shed the weight of that "Terrible Towel" he had stuck to his cleats!

Seriously though, good for him; hopefully he can maintain the commitment to his health and profession.

Banger said:
Bri said:
Banger said:
I wrote "when you compare he and Barber, the love the hate, it's ridiculous" and that boiled over (in other posts) into Lendale is better. The hate for one, love for the other it's like night and day difference. I would(this may be extreme but might be fun) figure you can't come up with another RB that had 1100+ and also 15 TDs and was so disliked.Sorry man but, you also bring up another Lendale detractor type thing. The Titans drafted all these RBs to replace Lendale. The Cowboys who also drafted a slew of RBs are curiously omitted, thus leaving someone to assume it's no big deal. So big deal for one, not the other. IMO It's a 2 RB league if not a 3 RB league and teams are all headed that way. I've seen CalBear's great breakdown of stats that show it's not so different but, when there are teams with 1100 and 1200 yard rushers drafting more quality backs it catches my attention. Lendale. Cowboys had Julius and Barber. Willie and Rashard last year. Thomas Jones and Shonn Greene this year, same with Westy and McCoy. Seems to me like the league is headed that way in a hurry, even if the stats don't bear it out just yet.
Believe me, I'm not going to be here telling you to buy M. Barber because he has his warts too but if I put he and White side by side it's not a question who I use in the thunder role. My "hate" was more about the fact that the guy didn't seem to get it by being out of shape and having to get in trouble/chastised from the staff to get in shape. It sounds like he may have had a drinking problem that was causing the big weight gain so he's stopped drinking and then the weight came off. It seems like he's "getting it" now and hopefully it will continue.

Seriously? Really? You can pull out all ypc, all the stats, everything you want but they aren't even close in terms of their ability. They are both better off as situational backs where they can use their power as opposed to every down backs but are you telling me that if you were the coach of a team and had a choice between the two that you'd choose Lendale? I don't think one coach in 100 would choose him over Barber.
In terms of ability?I think Lendale has a ton of it...do people not remember USC? The guy was not just some goalline bruiser for them.

makes you wonder if Lendale has/had a drinking problem and not a tequila problem. Esp. considering the Tequila he apparently drinks is clear/less preservatives which is much better calorie wise unless he downs booze then eats a ton. :shrug:
True but at the same time he must have been drinking alot regardless and or eating also.
Just my opinion here but I dont think its specifically the alcohol its the late night food runs as well as the pizza or junk food while laying around the house hungover the next day if that makes sense.

Some of you need to watch the clip...and realize the tequila comment was pretty tongue in cheek.

The guy kids around a lot.

Now...im not saying he did not quit drinking and it has not helped...but its only part of it.

Users who are viewing this thread