What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Legit Strategy for Championship ? (1 Viewer)

umrebel

Footballguy
So my father asks me what I thought of this strategy and I'm trying to find a reason not to agree with him, but he may have a point.

4 points per passing TD / Standard scoring

His opponent in the championship has Winston. So he has put in claims for both Perriman and OJ Howard and if granted he plans on starting them in place of Higbee and either Laird (flex) or at WR2 Deebo Samuel... Simply for the fact to neutralize Winston and figuring all things equal, not a huge difference between the players in most people's rankings.

I'm not one to counter opponents like that, I am more of a matchup play. But with two teams projected just 2 points from one another, this actually may be a difference maker. 

He has Russell Wilson at QB and Tyler Locket at WR1 (the other team he is playing has no seattle players)

This type of information should be used in very specific situations and is typically better suited using the QB to his WR's because unless there is an injury you would get a piece of all his WR points. 

I would only use this info as a tie break situation or as a plan in a game you are projected to win because it limits the randomness.   However, if you are benching guys you project as having much better games you are hindering yourself by playing the lesser option. 

Obviously this works in theory... but there are definitely flaws

1) I think that he is going to need to be pretty high on the wire to get Perriman

2) What if Winston has a bad Winston game? 

3) While those are the mostly likely players to get points, it is not guaranteed

To sum it up, sure there are valid reasons to do this. I always looked at it as a good thing when I have Hill and am playing against Mahomes. However, I don't start Hill because I play against Mahomes, I play Hill because he is a good player to start. 

I would not start Howard over Higbee. But I would pick up Perrimon and start him over Laird and Samuel.

Good Stuff. I agree with it all. He actually picked up Perriman, OJ, Fuller, & Boone. He likes OJ this week over Higbee, he is simply playing the matchup (non-ppr). Perrimann and Lockett are his 2 best WR's this week. Drake and Zeke are his two best RBs. So now it sounds like a choice of Flex as the only thing left to fill... waiting on more info from Minn RB's (boone), Fuller or Laird. I'm not sure how you can have any faith in Laird right now.

His opponent has Hopkins/Winston so as of now He is going with Fuller/OJ/Perriman in a game flow stack.

Not to mention Drake/Lockett/Wilson game flow stack   

The 2 highest totals in Vegas right now this weekend? Zona/SEA and TB/Hou 

Thanks for the replies.. best of luck to you all!

Users who are viewing this thread