What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ladarius Green's value (2 Viewers)

Nah it's the truth. Sorry that's not a narrative that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I know you're a Chargers fan. It didn't take long for Green to equal his best game as a pro in Pittsburgh though. He was running wide open in that game too. Only difference is Big Ben threw it to him. 
Do you work for an NFL team? If not, you should really consider joining one, given that you are able to see things on whatever film you have access to that NFL QBs and coaching staffs cannot see in games, practices, and/or film. Good luck with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you work for an NFL team? If not, you should really consider joining one, given that you are able to see things on whatever film you have access to that NFL QBs and coaching staffs cannot see in games, practices, and/or film. Good luck with that.
He was the 4th option most games except in the red zone. Don't know what to tell you. Wide open lots and ignored. 

He goes to Pittsburgh and he almost immediately is targeted like the #1 TE in the league. Lololol 

Yeah SD doesn't have a rep for wasting talent either. Rolleyes. 

He goes to Pittsburgh and he almost immediately is targeted like the #1 TE in the league. Lololol 

Yeah SD doesn't have a rep for wasting talent either. Rolleyes. 
4 of his first 5 games in Pittsburgh he did almost nothing.  Lol

Green's receiving efficiency numbers have been really good. Since he entered the league in 2012, his 8.91 yards per target is 3rd among TEs (behind only Gronk and Kelce; min 100 targets) and his 1.85 yards per route run is 6th (behind Gronk, Kelce, Reed, Graham, and Olsen; min 300 routes run; data only through wk7 of 2015 because PFF went private).

Over the past 3 years there have only been 4 games that he played without Gates, all in 2015. He had 18/219/3 on 27 targets, which is on pace for 72/876/12 on 108 targets. Small sample size, obviously, but good numbers.

Green has only played 97 offensive snaps so far this year. So his 232 receiving yards give him an average of 2.39 yards per snap. For comparison, this season's top TEs are between 1.0 and 1.6 yards per snap (Gronk, Kelce, Reed, Graham, Walker, Olsen). Green has done more than you could reasonably hope for when he's been on the field.

The main negative is that he hasn't been on the field that much. Just 37% of snaps in week 14, 48% in week 13, and less before that.
Green has consistently been one of the most productive receiving TEs in the league when he's been in the field, in San Diego and this season with Pittsburgh. That didn't lead to huge totals because he wasn't playing that many snaps.

11, 6, and 8 targets the last 3 games. Prorated for an entire season would put him at 133 targets for the year. Which for this season would be tied for the most targeted TE in the league. It was a perfect storm of injuries and playing with an elite QB but it shows in a very small sample that Ladarius Green has #1 TE in FF potential. I doubt he'll ever stay healthy enough to realize that potential but it was nice to see that flash of what could have been.

Now lets find the next Ladarius Green!

11, 6, and 8 targets the last 3 games. Prorated for an entire season would put him at 133 targets for the year. Which for this season would be tied for the most targeted TE in the league. It was a perfect storm of injuries and playing with an elite QB but it shows in a very small sample that Ladarius Green has #1 TE in FF potential. I doubt he'll ever stay healthy enough to realize that potential but it was nice to see that flash of what could have been.

Now lets find the next Ladarius Green!
As an owner my two biggest concerns are his concussion history and the return of Martavius. Having a Legitimate deep threat option will impact his targets next year.  

Boone22 said:
As an owner my two biggest concerns are his concussion history and the return of Martavius. Having a Legitimate deep threat option will impact his targets next year.  
I think people are not properly factoring in the impact of a healthy Coates. He fell off the face of the earth because of injury, that is all. Before  he went down he had some really impressive production and his last semi-healthy game was kind of dominant. So you'll have a healthy Coates and possible return of Martavis but I'm not even sure those are biggest off-season obstacles for Green's value. In a deep TE year and the Steelers knowing the precarious nature of Green's ability to stay on the field I believe the Steelers address the position fairly early in the draft. I'm not entirely certain the Steelers will even retain him due to $5 million base salary, concussion issues and even when he was producing this season it was obvious his ankle was still and issue as he was not really running well. Safe to say the post-season is huge for him and I'm pulling for him to impress because I'd like to see him back next season. Just dying to see this entire offense together for once but not sure it's going to happen.

I think people are not properly factoring in the impact of a healthy Coates. He fell off the face of the earth because of injury, that is all. Before  he went down he had some really impressive production and his last semi-healthy game was kind of dominant. So you'll have a healthy Coates and possible return of Martavis but I'm not even sure those are biggest off-season obstacles for Green's value. In a deep TE year and the Steelers knowing the precarious nature of Green's ability to stay on the field I believe the Steelers address the position fairly early in the draft. I'm not entirely certain the Steelers will even retain him due to $5 million base salary, concussion issues and even when he was producing this season it was obvious his ankle was still and issue as he was not really running well. Safe to say the post-season is huge for him and I'm pulling for him to impress because I'd like to see him back next season. Just dying to see this entire offense together for once but not sure it's going to happen.
Yeah I'm not counting on it happening either sadly. Still I'd love to see him flash this post season and I think he can. He's in a really good situation if he can get healthy we might see what he's capable of for 3-4 games even though it's unlikely he'll ever put a full season of it together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans. He should retire while he still has a functional brain. The Pittsburgh franchise should encourage him to step away. Jesse James will be solid as long as Roethlisberger is playing. 

Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans. He should retire while he still has a functional brain. The Pittsburgh franchise should encourage him to step away. Jesse James will be solid as long as Roethlisberger is playing. 

I don't know how this will turn out, but I remember similar sentiments for Jordan Reed when he was out a couple months from a concussion as a rookie after a couple in college. Green should certainly get all the medical checks available and make an informed decision this offseason, but it isn't a death knell that he took awhile to get over one. 

Interesting.  Assumed since Pitt didn't grab a TE in the draft that they might've been counting on him a bit heading into the season.  Guess not!

I don't know how this will turn out, but I remember similar sentiments for Jordan Reed when he was out a couple months from a concussion as a rookie after a couple in college. Green should certainly get all the medical checks available and make an informed decision this offseason, but it isn't a death knell that he took awhile to get over one. 
Glad to see that he can begin the next chapter of his life. It probably hurts him today to be separated from the game he loves, but he will look back with no regrets if he can find another purpose in life. 

Yep, still feeling affects of a concussion 6 weeks later is one thing. The fact he still isn't healthy after 6 months has me really hoping he hangs it up.

Users who are viewing this thread