What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ladarius Green's value (1 Viewer)

If Antonio Gates went down with an injury, does this guy step in and become a big part of the offense? I'm trying to ascertain whether or not to pick him up in my dynasty league. Gates is long in the tooth, and despite playing really well thus far, I can't see him keeping it up beyond this year.

If Antonio Gates went down with an injury, does this guy step in and become a big part of the offense? I'm trying to ascertain whether or not to pick him up in my dynasty league. Gates is long in the tooth, and despite playing really well thus far, I can't see him keeping it up beyond this year.
He would indeed. He's gonna be a stud.

He's on my WW in my Keeper League, but I'm watching him closely. All reports point to him being great if/when Gates moves aside.

TE Premium league, I've been offered Green for Edelman. I'm in a rebuild, so Edelman is of little long term value.

Would you do that deal?

Green intrigues me. He is sitting on my dynasty waiver wire, and I am certain I am not the only owner contemplating adding him. The question becomes, how long do I want to tie up a roster spot while I wait for Green? Green has elite physical skills, but expecting him to step into Gates' shoes and pick up where Gates leaves off might be a little unrealistic. Coming into the NFL, the only real knock on Green was his blocking, if I recall correctly, and hopefully Green is working to bulk up.

hmmmm . . . how much longer to wait . . .

Similar. Gonna have to make a roster spot for him as my waivers end next week. I'm excited about this lottery tix as he seems to be a very nice receiver. You can beat on the blocking all you want but the talent will eventually get in the game, a.e. Orange Julius

I had to cut him to grab Garrett Grahm for Bye Week Coverage.. wasn't happy about it
Hit the WW in one of my dynasties last night too. Had me thinking his value may have fallen some.
Gates' renaissance probably pushes Green relevance out a bit. If you want him, now is the time to buy. A single 4 catch game will have people remembering why they liked him in the first place.

Similar. Gonna have to make a roster spot for him as my waivers end next week. I'm excited about this lottery tix as he seems to be a very nice receiver. You can beat on the blocking all you want but the talent will eventually get in the game, i.e. Orange Julius
Yeah, kicking myself that I had Julius Thomas on my roster last season, then cut him when I needed the roster spot. I did the same with Cameron last season when he was injured. With limited roster spots, it is difficult to justify tying up a spot for a lottery-type TE, until you watch him tearing it up on your opponent's roster. I could certainly see Green going that path as well, so likely to put in a claim for him . . . before it is too late.

Similar. Gonna have to make a roster spot for him as my waivers end next week. I'm excited about this lottery tix as he seems to be a very nice receiver. You can beat on the blocking all you want but the talent will eventually get in the game, a.e. Orange Julius
True, but then there's Jared Cook. :cry:

The opportunity just isn't going to be there barring a Gates injury. They have been using him a bit more, but nothing short of a Gates injury will make him relevant in fantasy.

Disclaimer - there is a slight chance that Royal's injury could crack the door SLIGHTLY for a bit more 2 TE sets. It may just be for this game though. Even then, there are a lot of mouths to feed in SD atm.

The opportunity just isn't going to be there barring a Gates injury. They have been using him a bit more, but nothing short of a Gates injury will make him relevant in fantasy.

Disclaimer - there is a slight chance that Royal's injury could crack the door SLIGHTLY for a bit more 2 TE sets. It may just be for this game though. Even then, there are a lot of mouths to feed in SD atm.
My interest is not in Green getting a few snaps in 2 TE sets, but rather for a potential starting TE for dynasty purposes with significant upside once Gates either retires, moves on or breaks down.

Similar. Gonna have to make a roster spot for him as my waivers end next week. I'm excited about this lottery tix as he seems to be a very nice receiver. You can beat on the blocking all you want but the talent will eventually get in the game, i.e. Orange Julius
Yeah, kicking myself that I had Julius Thomas on my roster last season, then cut him when I needed the roster spot. I did the same with Cameron last season when he was injured. With limited roster spots, it is difficult to justify tying up a spot for a lottery-type TE, until you watch him tearing it up on your opponent's roster. I could certainly see Green going that path as well, so likely to put in a claim for him . . . before it is too late.
If you have flex spots using spots on lottery type TE's seem like a good investment these days.

Got him for relatively cheap in my 16 team contract league with TE premium. I was surprised he was even dropped. I don't have much cap space or I might have even bid more

I'm trying to ascertain which TE is a better dynasty investment, Green or Bostick? I'm leaning Green, but would love to hear what others think...Thx

I'm trying to ascertain which TE is a better dynasty investment, Green or Bostick? I'm leaning Green, but would love to hear what others think...Thx
Green, definitely.

But with Bostic, you might know sooner what you have.

If Green is on your ww, jump.

I've been trying to buy him in the few leagues where I don't already own him -- no dice. Think the "buy almost free" window is pretty much closed.

I've been trying to buy him in the few leagues where I don't already own him -- no dice. Think the "buy almost free" window is pretty much closed.
Saw a guy buy him for 2nd rounder + in two different leagues this week. He's the owner of Green in a few leagues I share with him.

The others I'm in, I'm the Green owner. Picked him up for free on the ww sometime in the last year in all of them.

Saw a guy buy him for 2nd rounder + in two different leagues this week. He's the owner of Green in a few leagues I share with him.The others I'm in, I'm the Green owner. Picked him up for free on the ww sometime in the last year in all of them.
Yeah, I was trying to send 2nd + choice of non-elite prospect in two seperate leagues and there wasn't a hint of interest. I like the guy, but not sure how I feel about upping the ante too much more than that, mainly because I'm overloaded with similar young TE prospects pretty much everywhere.

Saw a guy buy him for 2nd rounder + in two different leagues this week. He's the owner of Green in a few leagues I share with him.The others I'm in, I'm the Green owner. Picked him up for free on the ww sometime in the last year in all of them.
Yeah, I was trying to send 2nd + choice of non-elite prospect in two seperate leagues and there wasn't a hint of interest. I like the guy, but not sure how I feel about upping the ante too much more than that, mainly because I'm overloaded with similar young TE prospects pretty much everywhere.
Yeah, I wouldn't pay more than that. There's always the chance that he's a guy everyone assumes will be the heir apparent, but is really just preferred as a role player. Especially with this deep TE class coming, and Gates' turnaround, you never know what a team's gonna do.I'm not saying that's necessarily the case, but they aren't highly invested in him and we've seen very little on-field production.

So he's a good speculative buy, but you can only go so high on those or they start becoming more risk then gamble.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I wouldn't pay more than that. There's always the chance that he's a guy everyone assumes will be the heir apparent, but is really just preferred as a role player. Especially with this deep TE class coming, and Gates' turnaround, you never know what a team's gonna do.I'm not saying that's necessarily the case, but they aren't highly invested in him and we've seen very little on-field production.

So he's a good speculative buy, but you can only go so high on those or they start becoming more risk then gamble.
He's averaging 22 YPR. Granted it's 5 catches but he's only had 7 targets.

Talent - check

Production when given the opportunity - check

Opportunity - that's the big ?

I am curious where others rank Green as a Dynasty TE, compared to other TE's. Above Dwayne Allen? Coby Fleener? Kyle Rudolph? Jordan Reed? Cook? Finley? Eifert? Kelce? Or would you rank him more in the speculative realm of someone like Bostick?

In separate leagues...

Offered Fleener for Green: rejected

Offered Eifert + Gresham for Green + (early) 2nd: rejected

He's averaging a ridiculous 18 yards per target.

It would take a mid 1st for me to consider giving this guy up I think. Held him for too long already and now I'm seeing how good he can be. Crazy good.

I can save everyone some time -- don't bother trying to buy after yesterday. His price was already high and 4-81 will have obviously boosted it.

I've said all season that I don't think we'll have to wait until Gates is gone to see Green. He's too good to keep off the field. Yesterday was the next step forward IMO.

Gronk and Hernandez co-existed just fine there for a while... at 6'6" with 4.4 speed...Green is a WR-esque matchup nightmare on linebackers that appears to be coming into his own.

Any value in redraft this year?
Starting to wonder, but it might be hard to actually pull the trigger and put him in a lineup unless we see similar targets/results in Weeks 12/13 -- i.e. that he was startable for three weeks running. Outside of total desperation, there's no way I'd drop him into a playoff lineup without that.

I would say more, possibly much more. I'd buy buy buy if you can. Gates' new found fountain of youth won't last forever. He's 33 and an injury away from being done.

[SIZE=medium]I originally posted this question in July 2012. I ended up trading my 2013 R2 in a 10 team TE premium dynasty to get Green. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I lost the Super Bowl in 2012, so the pick ended up being 2.09. He took Robert Woods WR BUF[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]In a TE premium ( double TE yardage ), I will take that trade. This one may just turn out for me.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]ends up being a hot topic![/SIZE]

He still has a ways to go apparently to becoming a complete guy, but thy have been moving to more two TE sets with him actually running pass patterns. On top of Brown running yet another bad route that resulted in a pick, I do think they will move toward more two TE sets going forward. He is hands down the biggest mismatch the Chargers have outside of Allen. It's only a matter of time. He'll be a featured player next season even if Gates is on the team.

My expectations are that he becomes more of a focus in the red zone where the team has really struggled this season. There is simply no other player on the roster that has his size/speed combo and they really have missed that since DX went out in the preseason and Floyd during the regular season.

Giving Green the old desperation start in a TE premium league. Hoping to look like the unlikely genius at the end of the day.

Users who are viewing this thread