What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kitchen Sinks (1 Viewer)

Balco

Footballguy
I figure this thread will get 5 pages.

I am deciding between stainless steel and enamel over cast iron. My stainless steel sink almost immediately started showing scratches after I bought it. I have heard good things about enamel over cast iron. Does anyone own one? How is it?

Never heard of a Scratchless sink. Love our SS apron front sink. No stains yet after four years. How is it misnamed?

dot.

fwiw, I usually spec stainless- but yeah, it's horribly misnamed... more like stainful.
Consumer Reports ranked enamel over cast iron as the best sink last year, but I picked up the magazine a couple months ago, and now it is second behind stainless. I don't toss things into my stainless sink, but it looks like someone keyed it multiple times.

Prices appear to be similar for what I am looking for (over mount).

our first sink was i guess enamel or porcelain. it was great. we only went with stainless this time to match the appliances. the old sink was cream color and matched everything :shrug:

Had enamel over CI and loved it for the first few years. Then it started to get scratches and its finish seemed to dull. Replaced it with a High Quality ($$) SS sink and have had zero problems with scratches or staining.

Had enamel over CI and loved it for the first few years. Then it started to get scratches and its finish seemed to dull. Replaced it with a High Quality ($$) SS sink and have had zero problems with scratches or staining.
brand?

I still find the SS shows every smudge and fingerprint (I'm specing very high end things typically- for other people), but I don't see much scratching or staining as you say.

brand?

I still find the SS shows every smudge and fingerprint (I'm specing very high end things typically- for other people), but I don't see much scratching or staining as you say.
Not sure what the CI sink brand was. CI was installed by the builder and that was 15+ years ago. SS was purchased from granite counter top people, and I don't know what the brand is.

Ended up going with enamel over cast iron. One thing I discovered is that is one heavy sink.

Our kitchen was newly remodeled when we bought the house and the sink is stainless. No idea of the brand but it's definitely high end. Shows very little wear after two years of use and shines up nice with just soap and water. In the past I had a Kohler CI enamel sink that was really nice as well but definitely showed scratches after two years.

Users who are viewing this thread