What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kenny Stills Train ..... (1 Viewer)

Curious as to more thoughts on him with Cooks out - any thoughts whether he or Colston - or maybe Morgan or Toon - benefit from the Cooks injury.

Brees spreads it out a lot, so it's a crapshoot, but Stills strikes me as the prime beneficiary (outside of Graham) since Colston's best days seem way behind him.

I'm on board the Stills train as well, especially after watching Colston--he's had a great career, but his days are well behind him

Rotoworld:

Kenny Stills played on 50-of-74 snaps (67.5 percent) in Monday night's loss to the Ravens.

In the first game since Brandin Cooks was lost for the season, Stills set career-highs in both catches (8) and targets (9). So even though his snap count didn't rise dramatically, his usage was the key note. As expected, Stills was no longer merely asked to run vertical clear-out routes -- instead getting high-percentage looks from Drew Brees. Given this new role, his extremely efficient skill set and a cupcake rest-of-season schedule, Stills is an excellent WR3 prospect.

Source: profootballfocus.com
Nov 25 - 8:34 AM

The Kenny Stills train is not getting any love.

This guy is getting a lot more looks with Cooks out.

With the Bears, Falcons and Bucs in weeks 15-17, he is going to win some playoffs for fantasy owners.

He's not just a deep ball guy anymore. He's Brees main wr option.

With the Bears, Falcons and Bucs in weeks 15-17, he is going to win some playoffs for fantasy owners.

How is Carolina's secondary playing right now? I'm tempted to start this guy, especially after two impressive performances, but still worry about him putting up a stinker

he's gotten some OK target numbers last two games (i think 15 total)... but still only on the field 50% of snaps... im starting him as a wr3 over both m floyds this week.... which wasnt too tough a decision :)

he's gotten some OK target numbers last two games (i think 15 total)... but still only on the field 50% of snaps... im starting him as a wr3 over both m floyds this week.... which wasnt too tough a decision :)
wow, crazy that he's only on the field for 50% of the snaps. Thx for that info

Great numbers, great offense, and great matchups ROS. Love it. Defenses might start giving him more attention but get him if you can.

who are people starting this guy over in the first round of the fantasy playoffs? I'm rolling with him over Fred jackson and Chris Herron (non-ppr league).

Debating starting him over Jeffery depending on injury news....and possibly Hilton based on who covers Hilton this week. Tough to start him with Brees as my QB because of the possibility of a double hit if neither performs well....but if Stills goes off, Brees doubles up.

Debating starting him over Jeffery depending on injury news....and possibly Hilton based on who covers Hilton this week. Tough to start him with Brees as my QB because of the possibility of a double hit if neither performs well....but if Stills goes off, Brees doubles up.
Don't have Brees - but am struggling over the decision of Hilton or Stills.

Hilton hasn't had a ton of catches lately - although has found the end zone. Stills is red hot, but am concerned about his lack of snaps....plus, I have to imagine Graham gets involved this week. Right now leaning Hilton over Stills, but that is subject to change.

Isotopes said:
Mr. Know-It-All said:
Don't have Brees - but am struggling over the decision of Hilton or Stills.

Hilton hasn't had a ton of catches lately - although has found the end zone. Stills is red hot, but am concerned about his lack of snaps....plus, I have to imagine Graham gets involved this week. Right now leaning Hilton over Stills, but that is subject to change.
My fear is if Hilton draws Haden, combined with injuries to Clevelands LBs - then Luck will feast off of TE and crossing routes. I hate benching Hilton, but am considering it.

His long touchdown vs Pitt was on a play where the defender slipped and he was wide open. I like the guy but i'm not sure what to expect this week from him.

I'm not sure what happened to the train today because I didn't see the game. It must have derailed along with the whole rest of the team.

So do we get back on the train this week in Chicago?

The Bears seem to be pretty bad against the pass

I have other options for a flex spot but Stills seems to have the best matchup

Kenny Still is the Saints' current leading in receiver yards, with 62/47/714/3.

Colston is next at 76/46/706/3

Graham is 3rd at 98/68/695/9

Cooks was on his way to a 100 catch/1000 yard season by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well....started Mason and got ZERO. Looks like I will have to punch the Stills ticket to hope for double points from Stills/Brees. HUGE gamble as I will have to bench Beckham, Jeffery, or Hilton to do so....but when facing disaster, why not roll the dice?

Well....started Mason and got ZERO. Looks like I will have to punch the Stills ticket to hope for double points from Stills/Brees. HUGE gamble as I will have to bench Beckham, Jeffery, or Hilton to do so....but when facing disaster, why not roll the dice?
I am more than likely starting Stills, but this is crazy talk.

What do we think this guy is going to this week against the Bucs

He has been fairy quiet the last couple of weeks

Rotoworld:

Kenny Stills' most common route run in 2014 was a hitch.

As a rookie in 2013, Stills mostly ran vertical "go" routes. The Saints asked him to expand his tree last year and he responded with impressive execution. Drew Brees had a 112.0 passer rating when targeting Stills, who caught 74.1 percent of his targets and finished with a 63-931-3 line. Brandin Cooks will return to take away some of Stills' underneath looks, but there's still plenty to like here -- especially with Marques Colston nearing the end of the line.

Source: New Orleans Advocate
Mar 3 - 10:40 AM

Rotoworld:

NBC Washington's Dianna Marie Russini reports the Saints are trying to trade Kenny Stills.

We're not entirely sure how credible this report is, although Russini has a strong track record. Stills is cheap talent at wideout and isn't yet 23 years old. We'll believe the Saints are trying to trade him when we see it. What is clear is New Orleans' intention to remake its roster, particularly on offense.

Source: Dianna Marie Russini on Twitter
Mar 12 - 1:51 PM

Rotoworld:

Dolphins acquired WR Kenny Stills from the Saints in exchange for LB Dannell Ellerbe and a 2015 third-round pick.

We're not sure what the Saints are thinking here. Stills is a soon-to-be 23-year-old playmaker with two years left on his contract at minimum salary. It's a great get for the Dolphins, who were going to cut Ellerbe and his inflated salary anyway. Stills isn't just a deep threat, either; he was fourth in the league among receivers with his 78.8 percent catch rate last season. Acquiring Stills may mean the end is near for Mike Wallace in Miami.

Related: Saints

Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

Mar 13 - 12:37 PM

This means the Saints pretty much have to draft a more complete WR than Stills in the top two rounds, right?

Can't believe they got a 3rd for him, though. Wow.

Rotoworld:

Kenny Stills - WR - Dolphins

Kenny Stills (calf) "caught some passes" in Saturday's Dolphins practice and "seems close to returning."

Stills has been out since the first few days of August, costing him a chance at building practice chemistry with Ryan Tannehill. Stills remains on track to serve as Miami's field-stretching deep threat, but is going to have to beat out Rishard Matthews or Greg Jennings for a spot in three-receiver sets. DaVante Parker (foot) also looms as a significant threat for snaps.

Source: Miami Herald

Aug 15 - 5:47 PM

Great to hear Stills is back and doing what he was brought here to do. Make big plays on the deep pass.

Practices are closed to the public now....so hopefully he can develop some good rapport with Tanny moving forward.

Kenny Stills working as Dolphins 4th receiver
8482.jpg

Kenny Stills played only 23 snaps in the Dolphins' Week 1 win over the Redskins, while Rishard Matthews started and played 45.
For now, Stills is Miami's No. 4 receiver behind Jarvis Landry, Greg Jennings, and Matthews. That's with first-round pick DeVante Parker's role sure to grow. Barring multiple injuries at wide receiver for the Dolphins, Stills stands little chance of becoming a consistent fantasy contributor in 2015. OC Bill Lazor did say Monday he "wished" Stills had gotten more Week 1 run.
Sep 14 - 5:11 PM

Funny story:

Just got home from the game here in London, and we grabbed drinks at the Hilton next to the stadium. We were in the elevator with three older women. One had a ball in her hand.

She was Kenny Stills' mom, and had the ball he scored with. We were saying how nice, she was saying what a good kid he was, and how proud she was.

She and her friend get off, and the lady left on the elevator says to us:

'I would never have said anything, but my husband is the babysitter for the Dolphins, and he is constantly complaining about Stills. He's the worst guy on the team!"

Rotoworld:

Kenny Stills - WR - Dolphins

The Miami Herald believes the Dolphins may promote Kenny Stills ahead of Greg Jennings coming out of their bye week.

Jennings has been wholly ineffective in a starting role, while Stills posted 81 yards and a TD on eight targets in Week 4. Prior to the bye, the Fins were utilizing a five-way wideout committee with Rishard Matthews, Jennings, Stills, and DeVante Parker all rotating behind Jarvis Landry. Matthews has been the most productive of the group. Parker is Miami's first-round pick.

Related: Greg Jennings

Oct 14 - 9:56 PM

Coach Adam Gase "definitely" wants to get Kenny Stills more involved on offense this season.
It's the second time Gase has said this this offseason. Stills was targeted just 63 times in his first season with Miami, reeling in only 27 of them for 440 yards and three scores. The big issue is he needs Ryan Tannehill to get (a lot) better at throwing the deep ball. Stills also needs to hold off third-round rookie Leonte Carroo for playing time in three-wide sets.

Source: Miami Herald
May 29 - 10:11 AM

Loved Kenny in NO but there is still a lot of mouths to feed - Landry, Parker, Cameron, plus It's still Tanny throwing though that was a sweet rollout and deep throw on the move vs Dallas.

Plenty of teams have lots of mouths to feed. Lots of people assume Parker is second in the pecking order but I don't see it. I don't care what the depth chart reads. Tannehill has shown chemistry with Stills and it has dragged on through training camp and beyond. I own Parker and want to force him into the role of WR1. But right now, he is being outplayed by Stills who is in a contract year and has earned a lot more targets. I wouldn't be surprised to see Stills outscore Parker in this contract year. Cameron is a decoy. Not worried.

georg013 said:
Plenty of teams have lots of mouths to feed. Lots of people assume Parker is second in the pecking order but I don't see it. I don't care what the depth chart reads. Tannehill has shown chemistry with Stills and it has dragged on through training camp and beyond. I own Parker and want to force him into the role of WR1. But right now, he is being outplayed by Stills who is in a contract year and has earned a lot more targets. I wouldn't be surprised to see Stills outscore Parker in this contract year. Cameron is a decoy. Not worried.
Has Stills showed more than being a one trick pony?   The long ball is too boom or bust for me.

You may not care about the depth chart but between Landry, Parker (a 1st round pick) and Caroo (a player they traded up to acquire), Cameron, a capable receiving back in Foster, I'm not sure that Stills' role makes him a good fantasy option.  I would be very surprised if he outscored a healthy Parker.

Has Stills showed more than being a one trick pony?   The long ball is too boom or bust for me.

You may not care about the depth chart but between Landry, Parker (a 1st round pick) and Caroo (a player they traded up to acquire), Cameron, a capable receiving back in Foster, I'm not sure that Stills' role makes him a good fantasy option.  I would be very surprised if he outscored a healthy Parker.
This season should definitely set the record straight. I think Stills' one trick pony nature had more to do with coaching deficiencies as opposed to lack of versatility. The film won't lie. I look forward to watching this thing play out.  

Users who are viewing this thread