What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keep Hurts or KWalker (1 Viewer)

bigpun87

Footballguy
12 team , .5 PPR, 1 qb / 2 Rb / 2 Wr / 1 te / 1 flex

I am picking 12th overall in snake

It’s a One keeper league and my options are:

• ⁠Keep Jalen Hurts for a 5th (end of 5th round ie pick 60)

Or

• ⁠keep Kenneth Walker for a 8th round (approx pick around 85)

I go back and forth and open to thoughts. Feel like keeping Hurts may be slightly better value?

Last edited:
Everyone will have their own reasons for who they keep, but if you are talking better value, no way is Hurts better than Walker. This is basically a redraft league and most ADPs show the two similarly drafted. Getting Walker 30 picks later is the steal.

In a 1QB league it's Walker pretty easily. That may change if you think 10 QB's are going to be kept but I really doubt that to be the case. It's likely you will still have a few chances to draft Hurts if you really want him as your QB as I doubt he goes first two rounds in the draft.

Thanks all. My initial thoughts were KW until they drafted a RB in the second round which clearly hurts his value.

I see Hurts being drafted in the 26-34 range and KW in the 35-45 range, so there’s more value in keeping KW but I also thought it might be better to keep the best player because Hurts for a late 5th is great as well.

Any further thoughts ?

I see Hurts being drafted in the 26-34 range and KW in the 35-45 range, so there’s more value in keeping KW but I also thought it might be better to keep the best player because Hurts for a late 5th is great as well.

Any further thoughts ?
I completely agree with the bolded in a 1 keeper league with the caveat that in a 1 QB league the QB is never going to be considered the "better player" by me because they are plentiful.

Side Note: To make it more fair, keeper leagues should be a minimum of 2 players.
Just my personal belief. I dont expect others to agree.

In a 1QB league, I'm keeping Walker. I feel like the "value" gets over-emphasized and overtakes conventional thought. Who do you think will give you a better chance of winning? In a 1QB league, I feel the QB's are much more plentiful than RB's. If the keeper rounds were earlier, this may change. But for 5th and 8th, I'm not that concerned.

I seem to be in the minority and would go with Hurts. Yes, it's a QB in a one QB league, but I think he has a reasonable shot at finishing at #1 overall by a fair amount. I think there is definitely some risk with Walker with Charbonnet hanging around.

Please see mine

I seem to be in the minority and would go with Hurts. Yes, it's a QB in a one QB league, but I think he has a reasonable shot at finishing at #1 overall by a fair amount. I think there is definitely some risk with Walker with Charbonnet hanging around.

Please see mine
These were my initial thoughts as well. I see Hurts being drafted in the 20-30 range and KW going in the 40-50 range right now and also see KW’s upside capped by Charb (although I love KW). Hurts has upside to be #1 overall QB which I don’t see with KW.

It’s challenging because hurts for a 60 or KW for a 90th both have great value

Please see mine
These were my initial thoughts as well. I see Hurts being drafted in the 20-30 range and KW going in the 40-50 range right now and also see KW’s upside capped by Charb (although I love KW). Hurts has upside to be #1 overall QB which I don’t see with KW.

It’s challenging because hurts for a 60 or KW for a 90th both have great value
I'd rather have the set it and forget it QB in Hurts, and draft other RBs. If it were a clearer cut RB than Walker, then the calculus would be a bit different IMO.

i'd go hurts. i agree with previous sentiments about him being set and forget and possibly the top overall qb andkw3 has charb now. chance to draft either him or kw3 during the draft anyway. both are values so i wouldn't get hung up on who is the better value. much higher chance someone reaches early on hurts than kw3 during draft (hurts went 1st overall in a recent superflex i did). if you want hurts you have to keep him

Before the draft, Walker would be a slam dunk keeper here but now with a shared backfield, I think you keep Hurts…

Users who are viewing this thread