What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Justin Jackson, RB Detroit (2 Viewers)

He may not get a lot if touches today, but when he does he is going to look better than Reynolds or Williams. If you have a wasted spot on your roster, it might be worth a flyer as he may become a hot pickup b

He may not get a lot if touches today, but when he does he is going to look better than Reynolds or Williams. If you have a wasted spot on your roster, it might be worth a flyer as he may become a hot pickup b
How do you figure? Williams has already been very productive this year. Why is Jackson 4th on the depth chart if he’s better than either Reynolds or Williams? Seems like the coaching staff isn’t seeing what you’re seeing.

The coaching staff probably next manned up the whole thing with the guys they have vs. Jackson, who they brought in. That's what I think.

Matt Waldman thinks that Jackson could take on some of Swift's role as the receiving/change-of-pace back should Swift miss more time than thought because Reynolds is a lot like Williams, and Jackson, if he gets a shot, might surprise some people.

Justin Jackson has long been an underrated running back, in my opinion, one who just can't seem to stay on the field. He's been starcrossed that way.

How do you figure? Williams has already been very productive this year. Why is Jackson 4th on the depth chart if he’s better than either Reynolds or Williams? Seems like the coaching staff isn’t seeing what you’re seeing.
Williams and Reynolds are more of a "take what the line blocks for them and fall forward" guys, and complement swift better than Jackson.

Jackson is much better at making guys miss and hitting big plays. I'd bet he gets some usage today.

Williams and Reynolds are more of a "take what the line blocks for them and fall forward" guys, and complement swift better than Jackson.

Jackson is much better at making guys miss and hitting big plays. I'd bet he gets some usage today.
If that’s the case it’s odd that the chargers lost interest in him and he fell behind both Williams and Reynolds on the depth chart.

Justin Jackson has long been an underrated running back, in my opinion, one who just can't seem to stay on the field. He's been starcrossed that way.
Maybe his injury history has more to do with my impression of him being less favorable.

I do recall believing he was better than Kelley at some point.

If that’s the case it’s odd that the chargers lost interest in him and he fell behind both Williams and Reynolds on the depth chart.
It doesn’t get anymore plain than that.

He's much better. He's also a non-traditional and outspoken guy which hasn't necessarily helped him in the league. He's probably suffered a bit for it.

But mainly injuries. I was stunned LAC didn't bring him back after his performances last year.

Justin Jackson has a career 5.0 ypc average and with over 200 carries that is pretty elite. He deserved more love in San Diego and with his impressive pre-season performance he deserves more love in Detroit. IMHO, the coaching staff are in love with Reynolds and Williams attitude and are undervaluing actually performance. And it is quite possible Reynolds will do well enough against Seattle to keep Jackson off the field.

He's much better. He's also a non-traditional and outspoken guy which hasn't necessarily helped him in the league. He's probably suffered a bit for it.

But mainly injuries. I was stunned LAC didn't bring him back after his performances last year.
Jackson was going into his fifth year and done with his rookie contract. I think they did not want to pay him a real contract.

Jackson was going into his fifth year and done with his rookie contract. I think they did not want to pay him a real contract.
Still - I would think he could have worked his way up the depth chart other than by injury if he was still flashing the level of talent you & @rockaction describe.

Still - I would think he could have worked his way up the depth chart other than by injury

Quite possibly you defer to the people who see him every day. They know better than some internet jocks. But Detroit seems like it's on a loyalty program a bit, if you know what I mean. I'm not stumping for Jackson other that in the limited times he's played, he's been pretty good. Seemingly to my eye, anyway. I can't cite his success rate on his rushes or his rushes over expectancy stats, but he's been good.

Jackson is making the veteran minimum, exactly the same as Sony Michel, who the Chargers signed on August 31. The Chargers didn't pass on him due to his contract.

I can only assume it was due to his frequent injuries and the fact that he is an absolutely terrible pass blocker (worst PFF pass blocking grade last season among all Chargers players who played more than 2 pass blocking snaps). I never heard that he is non-traditional / outspoken, but maybe that was also part of it.

Justin Jackson rushed nine times for 66 yards in the Lions’ Week 11 win over the Giants.​

Jackson was the second Lions’ back to enter the game, behind Williams and ahead of Swift. He was explosive all game with the opportunities he got. He was efficient, but you shouldn’t consider him a flex play just yet with the Bills on the Horizon Thanksgiving Day.
Nov 20, 2022, 4:51 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread