What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Josh Gordon - August 1, 2016 (1 Viewer)

TMZ has footage of this guy partying with Manziel and Greg Little. His glass was full. The question is...of what? Here we go again?

I know who made the post. you asked if it's true. I provided the video and link
If that's the video the other poster was referring to, that's pretty bad.  He mentioned Gordon & Greg Little; those pics didn't show them, nor did the article mention them.  Which means the other poster was mistaken, exaggerating, or the video you linked isn't what he was referring to.

If that's the video the other poster was referring to, that's pretty bad.  He mentioned Gordon & Greg Little; those pics didn't show them, nor did the article mention them.  Which means the other poster was mistaken, exaggerating, or the video you linked isn't what he was referring to.
this is the ONLY article and video on Manziel on TMZ sports since 2 weeks ago.

So.... ya. 

Again, unless Gordon doesn't piss clean, what he does and where he goes, within the limits of the law and the CBA agreement.. I couldnt care less.

Anyways... April fools isn't for a few more hours. 

The other poster was mistaken, exaggerating, and fell for a Twitter post as he desperately awaits reinstatement news. My bad. Lol.

Gordon uses the prayer and wave emojis way too much.  Also, pretty sure if he gets reinstated he'll say something like "Flash is back!" not "Blessings".

He's a reporter from Cleveland. Has no inside info, whatsoever. Never has. He even claims it in his bio... "His opinions"  

Easy to assume/project that they're doing "due diligence" on the Gordon case because it's taking so long. The likeliest scenario, is that the NFL just doesn't GAF, and is going at their own pace. 

CLE reporters overall, are pretty lame. Grossi and Ulrich the most trustworthy (not saying much), Mary Kay is a puppet for the team. Petrak is alright. Ruiter is just an opinion personality

ETA: he's also always been Anti-Gordon. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming he does get reinstated, what do you see his ceiling being for this coming season?
His ceiling? Is historic... as he's already shown. 

Super excited to see him w RG3... I really hope the Browns get a bolt of luck in that situation... The Manziel hype was trash... it'd be nice to see the Browns have a double redemption story under Hue.

Gordon's ceiling is unquestionably sky high. Like, top receiver in the NFL. Whether he can reach that, lord only knows. Way too many variables. 

Lets just see him get reinstated. I traded for him  after coveting him for years, and it wasn't super cheap. Hoping it pays off. 

I've got a baaaad feeling about this. Rapists, domestic abusers, child abusers...convicted felons have all been re-instated quicker than this. 

I have nothing more to go on than anyone else, but this is really starting to look bad for Gordon imo.  If I could still get the sky high price he was going at 30-60 days ago, I would trade him in a heartbeat.

Anxiety about  what? A no name shlub journo from CLE shouldn't have you feeling anything

I'm kinda surprised the NFLPA hasn't gotten involved in this yet. Goodell dragging this out is a joke.
This happens for pretty much every reinstatement case. There are terms and conditions to meet for reinstatement, and the league is looking into them and whether Gordon complied to the rules and requirements and whether he should be reinstated.

Maybe they are slow playing it and are dragging their feet, but even though there is a placeholder 60 day number listed, the league will give Gordon an answer when they want to. Not sure there is much anyone can do about it. It's not like they have withheld their position for 6-12 months.

Domestic Abusers "Have you smacked a woman in the past 24 hrs?" "No" "Congrats! You're reinstated."
Huh? :confused:

It's not like Peterson sat out an entire year, and had to have a court case in order to get re-instated.

Or that Ray Rice got suspended, TWICE, and also had to have a court case to get the opportunity to play again (then had no NFL team willing to sign him).

Or that Greg Hardy sat out virtually an entire season.

But don't let the truth get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.

Not sure if hanging out with an idiot is actually against NFL rules, but it definitely doesn't help his case any.  Unless he's arguing that he knows where Johnny's been and is trying to turn him around?  (attempting to find a silver lining where it probably doesn't exist)

Johnny is, by all accounts doing everything to change his life around, and has apparently been seen at many clubs, completely sober. 

Not a good look, but like you said... We have NO idea if Gordon/Rosenhaus are pitching this to the NFL as a player helping out an ex teammate overcome addictions (which, many of you would like to argue, but Gordon is pissing clean, and have for ages), it could be looked at positively. 

If they're just hanging for no good reason (and I highly doubt Drew wouldnt be manipulating this) then we have a problem, since we know Roger is a tuna.

Johnny is, by all accounts doing everything to change his life around, and has apparently been seen at many clubs, completely sober. 

Not a good look, but like you said... We have NO idea if Gordon/Rosenhaus are pitching this to the NFL as a player helping out an ex teammate overcome addictions (which, many of you would like to argue, but Gordon is pissing clean, and have for ages), it could be looked at positively. 

If they're just hanging for no good reason (and I highly doubt Drew wouldnt be manipulating this) then we have a problem, since we know Roger is a tuna.
They should go with  "Johnny and Josh are just attending Planet Earth together and just happened to run into each other" - it doesn't mean they are actually going places together.

They should go with  "Johnny and Josh are just attending Planet Earth together and just happened to run into each other" - it doesn't mean they are actually going places together.
Not together!  They just happen to be habitating the planet at the same time.

As I mentioned several pages ago, I don't thing many people care where he goes and who he hangs out with in a private, low profile way. But being in the public's eye with another player with issues and then posting about it makes him look bad, even if it is perfectly innocent.

The guy needs a better publicist and P.R. team. Show pictures of him and Johnny Football doing manual labor at a ranch. Or helping wannabe NFL college kids at a workout. They can fix their images in the eyes of the fans and the league by veering away from what got them in trouble.

At night, in private, they can do whatever else they want . . . just not in the limelight. As long as they are photographed in places that are known for sex, drugs, and rock and roll, there will always be the presumption that they could have been indulging. His agent and his handlers should be strapping him to a chair and closing his social media accounts until he gets reinstated.

THAT'S why the league is taking its sweet time. They aren't convinced he learned anything or how to behave in his time away.

Users who are viewing this thread