What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Josh Furgeson RB = Dion Lewis? (1 Viewer)

elguapo07

Footballguy
I want to first state that I think he will be a better real player than fantasy player as I don't think he's more than a change of pace/RBBC. The more I watch him the more I see him being a Dion Lewis type back - and I'm talking about NE Dion Lewis, not PHI Dion Lewis.

He's great in space, has soft hands (he catches everything) and seems to make the first tackler miss often.  Don't think he can do too much, or will be asked to, between the tackles (5'9"" 198lb)  but he has the look of of playmaker in the right offense..  There doesn't seem to be too much talk about him. Not sure where he is slotted but does he go in the 4th or 5th round?  

Thanks for sharing your perspective about Furgeson.

Shouldn't Dion Lewis do a bit more than he has in the NFL before people start using him as an example or archetype of a player?

I have heard a few other Dion Lewis comparisons this year already. Just strikes me as odd, although I suppose this is effective for quickly describing a RB who is small but very quick and is a good receiving option.

I hadn't watched Ferguson yet, so thanks for the perspective.  He looks good!  Real good, in fact.   I'll have my eye on him, that's for sure.

Shouldn't Dion Lewis do a bit more than he has in the NFL before people start using him as an example or archetype of a player?

I have heard a few other Dion Lewis comparisons this year already. Just strikes me as odd, although I suppose this is effective for quickly describing a RB who is small but very quick and is a good receiving option.
So,  Darren Sproles? 

True but for the small sample that we saw Lewis in the NE offense last year and how he was uesd, he looked like he could really move the chains for a high scoring offense.  

In PPR leagues guys like Lewis, and possibly Fergeson, will have decent value.  

He looks really good in the screen game as has good vision. Not sure if he has the return skills of a Sproles or a Gio Bernard so I opted for the Dion Lewis comp.  I've seen enough of what Lewis did in the NE offense to feel comfortable that a healthy Lewis, with his skill set being tailor made for the NE offense, is a big part of their offense and will be fantasy relevant.

I want to first state that I think he will be a better real player than fantasy player as I don't think he's more than a change of pace/RBBC. The more I watch him the more I see him being a Dion Lewis type back - and I'm talking about NE Dion Lewis, not PHI Dion Lewis.

He's great in space, has soft hands (he catches everything) and seems to make the first tackler miss often.  Don't think he can do too much, or will be asked to, between the tackles (5'9"" 198lb)  but he has the look of of playmaker in the right offense..  There doesn't seem to be too much talk about him. Not sure where he is slotted but does he go in the 4th or 5th round?  
FWIW, Philly thought highly of Dion Lewis.  At the time though they had a full backfield. 

Users who are viewing this thread