What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Joe Biden as a war president (1 Viewer)

Will Biden do a good job if we need to go to war?

• Yes

Votes: 23 35.4%
  • No

Votes: 42 64.6%

• Total voters
I remember when some media outlets predicted Trump would start a war to increase his approval ratings.   I wonder if they will cover these coming weeks in the same way...

war / military conflict is a great way to do several things .... bring country together (look after 9-11 attacks) , it can boost an economy, it definitely shifts focus from the many things happening to a singular thing happening

its a tool sometimes I really thing - will Biden use it ? I dunno .... he's so weak and by by that I mean not a single leader in the world is scared of Joe Biden .... I don't know that he can handle a conflict 

Russia moving thousands more of combat troops and hundreds of additional planes to the boarder.  This is going to explode soon.

Russia moving thousands more of combat troops and hundreds of additional planes to the boarder.  This is going to explode soon.

So how will this end up?  Russia moves in..we half ### try to stop them, then end up leaving?

There is no way the USA is going to get into an all out conflict with Russia on their own turf.  Will economic sanctions be enough this time?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to know where exactly all this confidence in "The Generals" and "Military's Leaders" is coming from?  

Has there been a relevant changing of the guard since Iraq?  or the the Afghanistan withdraw?  Is Stuart Scheller now in charge?

So how will this end up?  Russia moves in..we half ### try to stop them, then end up leaving?

There is no way the USA is going to get into an all out conflict with Russia on their own turf.  Will economic sanctions be enough this time?
Right. Whatever we do my guess for the end result is Crimea 2.0.

This is scary, I hope Biden knows what he is doing.

5 decades of political experience - what could go wrong? :(  

thing is, I believe Biden is very very weak, he's mentally compromised and that combination is the worst ..... and Obama wasn't lying when he said don't underestimate Joe's ability to F things up 

but Democrats/liberals/people voted him in - this is what they knew they were getting but my my how Russia has changed since Trump left 

UK and Israel advising their people to get out now.  New intelligence suggesting invasion could start anytime.  Oil spiking today on this news.  But Joe’s ready.

Saying he’s weak appearing is an understatement let’s be honest. Trump would have made be even more nervous though, he’s such a wildcard.

Why would Putin advertise an invasion?  Isn't surprise a big element to these kind of things?

Now NATO not only has troops there, they're prepared with sanction and whatever else.

What does Putin gain by telegraphing it so much?

I remember when some media outlets predicted Trump would start a war to increase his approval ratings.   I wonder if they will cover these coming weeks in the same way...
very big difference in that a trump war would have been mostly optional. In this case, its all on direct Russian aggression.

Why would Putin advertise an invasion?  Isn't surprise a big element to these kind of things?

Now NATO not only has troops there, they're prepared with sanction and whatever else.

Putin knows he can overtake them in less then a week.  He’s showing off his no fear approach to going to war.  Plus it takes time to put together a force of this size, so everyone knows it’s coming.

With today's technology, intel, satellite imagery, etc., how do you not telegraph something of this scale?

Part of it is simply getting the world to accept the inevitability of it, and to wear down any resistance within Ukraine.

Why is Russia doing this?  Does Putin actually see a war for Ukraine as a net positive?

Will Europe, the US, NATO, etc. just sit back and watch militarily and just try and punish Russia with sanctions?

We haven't seen a real open war between 2 powerful nations in my 44 year lifetime.  There have been relatively minor wars, but this would be the biggest one between 2 western nations with legit militaries if it does actually go down.

We don't have to get involved with this. 
It just seems like this administration "wants" this war. I just don't get all the tough talk Biden is trying to throw out there. I mean, the Ukrainian leader has been telling him to dial it back. He is trying to speak for the Germans and what they are going to do with their pipeline. We get constant updates on CNN from the Biden administration predicting how quick this battle will be over, what tactics Russian could use, when it will happen. 

I've just never seen someone hoping for this conflict like Biden right now. Is he upset that people think he is a weak president?   Is it because things are going so poorly domestically, they hope this will take people's minds off that? The polls show most Americans simply want no part of this conflict. I just don't understand the end game here. 

It just seems like this administration "wants" this war. I just don't get all the tough talk Biden is trying to throw out there. I mean, the Ukrainian leader has been telling him to dial it back. He is trying to speak for the Germans and what they are going to do with their pipeline. We get constant updates on CNN from the Biden administration predicting how quick this battle will be over, what tactics Russian could use, when it will happen. 

I've just never seen someone hoping for this conflict like Biden right now. Is he upset that people think he is a weak president?   Is it because things are going so poorly domestically, they hope this will take people's minds off that? The polls show most Americans simply want no part of this conflict. I just don't understand the end game here. 
The prior president you could imagine for sure doing something like this.  What does Biden gain if he talks tough and Putin invades?

I really thought that Putin was surprised by the pushback from America and he was just kind of testing the waters.  

It doesn't seem that way anymore...

The prior president you could imagine for sure doing something like this.  What does Biden gain if he talks tough and Putin invades?

I really thought that Putin was surprised by the pushback from America and he was just kind of testing the waters.  

I think its as basic as Putin wants Odessa, or more centrally, the ports in Odessa, back under Russian control.  Access to warm water ports is really a strategic goal for Russia - both in terms of own navy/defense, but also commerce.

I think its as basic as Putin wants Odessa, or more centrally, the ports in Odessa, back under Russian control.  Access to warm water ports is really a strategic goal for Russia - both in terms of own navy/defense, but also commerce.
I think Putin knows by now, that nobody is coming to Ukraine's aid, militarily, so its there for the taking, and eventually, like Crimea, people forget is was ever independent.

I think Putin knows by now, that nobody is coming to Ukraine's aid, militarily, so its there for the taking, and eventually, like Crimea, people forget is was ever independent.
If we hammer them with sanctions, that's gotta hurt.  Close down the pipeline, etc. 

why, I mean why do you just have to bring Trump into this?  

but TruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

predictable though.  just like the sun setting in the west..

If we hammer them with sanctions, that's gotta hurt.  Close down the pipeline, etc. 
thought Biden approved the pipeline?  wait a minute, that was the pipeline from Russia to Germany.  wonder why Germany is not sending their boys there as per the NATO accord?

thought Biden approved the pipeline?  wait a minute, that was the pipeline from Russia to Germany.  wonder why Germany is not sending their boys there as per the NATO accord?
Ukraine is not part of NATO. Therefore Germany is not required to defend Ukraine. This had nothing to do with any NATO accord.

Ukraine now.  Baltic states (aka NATO) next.  Gotta be some ethnic Russians there that Vlad will cite as pretext.  Need that corridor to Kaliningrad oblast, you know.  Probably a good idea to make Vlad feel some real pain this time around.

But Vlad can't climb down now, so it's on.

Joe is doing ok.  Flooding the information space pre-emptively as has been done the past couple of months was smart.  Bad situation.  Vlad is not fully rational.  The Russians and Vlad deserve each other.  Chest-beating nihilistic paranoiacs.  Buckle up fellas.

Biden ordered 3000 more American troops to be deployed to Poland today.  The threat is real, I hope Biden is ready to respond to this war.

Gopher State said:
Biden ordered 3000 more American troops to be deployed to Poland today.  The threat is real, I hope Biden is ready to respond to this war.
Half of those troops specialize in out processing Americans from the region. The other half would be going into harm's way for evacuation ops. 

Good strategic move, but it really doesn't mean anything. 

Just spent an hour playing blackjack next to a guy who couldn’t figure out why Biden wants to invade the Ukraine because there’s no oil there.  ahhh…. Vegas.

shadrap said:
why, I mean why do you just have to bring Trump into this?  

but TruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

predictable though.  just like the sun setting in the west..
Don't be upset friend.  When someone suggests a POTUS would start a war to save their own approval ratings, of course we think of Trump.

Just like if someone brought up injecting bleach and light to cure covid we'd think of Trump.

Sorry not sorry.  You choose to back the dude not me. 

Don't be upset friend.  When someone suggests a POTUS would start a war to save their own approval ratings, of course we think of Trump.

Just like if someone brought up injecting bleach and light to cure covid we'd think of Trump.

Sorry not sorry.  You choose to back the dude not me. 
Which war did Trump start?

If Putin backs down (he still might) big win for Biden. 

If Putin invades we condemn, place sanctions, and that’s it. It will be an ugly spectacle but we’re not getting involved. Similar to the Soviet invasions of Hungary in 1956 and Czechoslovakia in 1968. 

Users who are viewing this thread