What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Joe Biden as a war president (1 Viewer)

Will Biden do a good job if we need to go to war?

• Yes

Votes: 23 35.4%
  • No

Votes: 42 64.6%

• Total voters
What is your assessment of Russia in regards to Ukraine?
My assessment is that the threat of an invasion does more to achieve Putin's aims than actual invasion would. An occupation of Ukraine would make Afghanistan look like a walk on the park. And that's aside from the damages sanctions will do.

My assessment is that the threat of an invasion does more to achieve Putin's aims than actual invasion would. An occupation of Ukraine would make Afghanistan look like a walk on the park. And that's aside from the damages sanctions will do.
That does make sense. I disagree that our response hasn't been handled well. Acknowledge what Putin is doing, place US hardware there, get sanctions prepared, try to align as much as possible with NATO.

That does make sense. I disagree that our response hasn't been handled well. Acknowledge what Putin is doing, place US hardware there, get sanctions prepared, try to align as much as possible with NATO.
And I'm also willing to concede that Putin may have additional aims I'm not considering. Or that my assessment may be correct but Putin will act irrationally.

I'm not trying to claim I have all the answers. I just take umbridge at the idea that dissent means you're on Putins side. I know you weren't making this claim but others have and it was my only reason for even venturing into this thread.

I guess the bottom line is that when dealing with a nuclear armed power, I would prefer to see us err on the side of de-escalation.

And I'm also willing to concede that Putin may have additional aims I'm not considering. Or that my assessment may be correct but Putin will act irrationally.

I'm not trying to claim I have all the answers. I just take umbridge at the idea that dissent means you're on Putins side. I know you weren't making this claim but others have and it was my only reason for even venturing into this thread.

I guess the bottom line is that when dealing with a nuclear armed power, I would prefer to see us err on the side of de-escalation.
No war, do all we can to keep Putin out of Ukraine. That’s the goal I’d have.I’m guessing that’s the most popular option.

. I just take umbridge at the idea that dissent means you're on Putins side.
That really wasn't my point but admittedly I did a poor job of expressing it. Feel free to question the response, but lay the blame for this situation where it deserves, on Putin. He is the one that started it and the only one that can de-escalate it.

For the record, I hope the cooler heads prevail here and there is no invasion or war.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, let's go with this. I genuinely did not believe Putin would launch a full scale invasion. Let's hope I'm right that this ends up a strategic blunder for him. Tank the Russian economy, get bogged down in a guerilla war, unite the West.

Yeah, let's go with this. I genuinely did not believe Putin would launch a full scale invasion. Let's hope I'm right that this ends up a strategic blunder for him. Tank the Russian economy, get bogged down in a guerilla war, unite the West.
Create a Sino/Russian block with USA balls in a vice.

Create a Sino/Russian block with USA balls in a vice.
I don't see this as even a remote possibility.

US, UK, France, Germany, Spain, Turkey, Australia, Canada, Japan, South Korea, etc. are all united against this sort of thing.  We may have different capabilities and short term goals/needs, but no way does China + Russia = doom for the West.  If China & Russia lock themselves together and try to take us all on, they will be the ones with their balls in a vice.

US, UK, France, Germany, Spain, Turkey, Australia, Canada, Japan, South Korea, etc. are all united against this sort of thing.  We may have different capabilities and short term goals/needs, but no way does China + Russia = doom for the West.  If China & Russia lock themselves together and try to take us all on, they will be the ones with their balls in a vice.
Hope you are right.  

Everyone’s balls would be in a vice

we world definitely see who has the best secret tech

I think this poll misses a major criticism of Biden and misses why Biden is being drilled with historically low poll numbers.

Biden’s incompetence and weakness has empowered Putin.

Midterms can’t get here fast enough. We need a red Congress to overcome Biden’s significant shortcomings.

I think this poll misses a major criticism of Biden and misses why Biden is being drilled with historically low poll numbers.

Midterms can’t get here fast enough. 
No.  And thats a nice way to say it.  Just no.

Midterms can’t get here fast enough. We need a red Congress to overcome Biden’s significant shortcomings.
Dude.....your lame thread got choked out, just as it should. Give it a rest.

Not really.  I find @TripItUp thread and posts very informative.  I appreciate the work he's doing.  :thumbup:

Y'know, kind of how like Team FBG Blue is always supporting @dozer 352 threads on 1/6.  :shrug:
Well then you and he will continue to be part of the cancerous blame game of our society. Hopefully one day you'll wake up to realize you're part of the problem, not the solution.

Really weird time for a victory lap

Not really.  I find @TripItUp thread and posts very informative.  I appreciate the work he's doing.  :thumbup:

Y'know, kind of how like Team FBG Blue is always supporting @dozer 352 threads on 1/6 .  :shrug:
Dozer provides links and information to that thread.

That compares to “who is to blame” threads  and baseless claims of incompetence?

All the lolz…he’s pretty clearly outplayed smart Putin so far.  

Well then you and he will continue to be part of the cancerous blame game of our society. Hopefully one day you'll wake up to realize you're part of the problem, not the solution.
A critical part of a Democracy’s success depends on the criticism provided by its constituents.  

I find it very disheartening and disingenuous that certain moderators and posters try or actually prevent certain discussions actually attempting to do the very thing that healthy democracies require.

This forum has always had left leaning moderators so we persevere and move on.  We rise above those attempting to prevent vital discussion.

A critical part of a Democracy’s success depends on the criticism provided by its constituents.  

I find it very disheartening and disingenuous that certain moderators and posters try or actually prevent certain discussions actually attempting to do the very thing that healthy democracies require.
If it's objective, sure. But you just want to blame the other side, fully armed with your own bias. The fact that you can't recognize that is disheartening.  

We could have used you and your biting analysis in one of the 352 January 6th threads when your team member was running amok

Let me know when you're ready to call out your side instead of only responding to posts from conservatives who point that out.

We could have used you and your biting analysis in one of the 352 January 6th threads when your team member was running amok

Let me know when you're ready to call out your side instead of only responding to posts from conservatives who point that out.
I’m not sure what this refers to.   But right now, instead of Trip running around for a victory lap about Biden’s inadequacy, we should all rally around support for Ukraine.

(note:  Biden isn’t anywhere near impressive, but he’s not the main problem right now)

Yeah, we are doing that in the Ukraine threat. This is the Joe Biden thread.  👍
Biden’s folks seem to be doing a good job right now with Ukraine.  Our intelligence services were all over this.  Allies are rallying together.  Ukraine seemed prepared and had a plan.  Etc.

Again — weird time for a victory lap about how inept Biden is.  (as we’ve discussed before - if memory serves - I’m not anywhere close to a Biden fan)

Users who are viewing this thread