What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jets fans are the best (1 Viewer)

'Sweet Love said:
when Brady retires, NE will have a "perfect"...not one game missed during...transition between a "Hall of Very Good" and a HOF QB over a 20+ year time frame.
Except for the season Brady missed and Cassel took over.
I realized that which is why I put the word "transition" in. Unless you get a Favre streak backed by a Manning streak, there will be a time when a QB misses some time over 20 years when you are talking about two people. It is a good point to bring up, but no one outside of Matt Cassel and his decedents will view that year as a major positive...they were on something like a 24-1 streak prior to the SB...and then Brady went out in Game 1 and they went 11-5...not terrible, but not the same.

If I'm running this franchise, Tannenbaum is out (he can't draft), Sparano is out (his style doesn't win in the NFL anymore, especially when you have the least talented group of running backs in the league) and Sanchez and Holmes are out after next season (would be sooner, but their contracts make that impossible). You re-build the linebacking core next season and get Revis back and the defense is back in business. The offense can't be fixed for another year, but you can at least draft/trade for a competent RB so the team can stay competitive on that side of the ball. The team is a disaster, but you can turn things around quickly in the NFL if you have the right people making the decisions.
As a fellow Jets fan, I like the enthusiasm, and agree you can turn things around somewhat quickly in the NFL, but it (1) takes competent leadership and (2) a young core of players...if you get rid of Tanny (and they should as he got way too fancy with his 1st rounders), you still have to replace him and hope the replacement is better...4 years ago, no one thought that would be possible unless you plucked a Pioli from NE...whoops. Think Carolina is better off without Fox...different role, but similar situation if you think about it. On the second statement, the Jets are REALLY built to win now. don't see any young talent on the team besides Mangold, Kerley and Keller on the Offense, and really feel they are wanting on the defensive side of the ball...in fact, if you think about it, they were in win-now on the defensive side of the ball in 2009-2010. As a Jets fan, I feel like we just had our dynasty and we are in for a slew of 4-7 win seasons in the near future.

As a Jets fan, I remain supportive. I'm waiting in line to lick Mrs. Ryan's feet. It's the least I can do.

If they really wanted to show their frustration, they would just stop going to the games. That would make a bigger impact than yelled words.
This guy gets it.As much as I admire loyal fans they are only hurting themselves in the long run. Stay away and teach them the only way they understand (less money in their pockets).
I agree for the most part.Unfortunately, it's not as easy for those who bought PSLs for the "privilege" of their seats at the new stadium. And the number of PSL seats is pretty high. The team smartly locked people into paying a big upfront fee for their seats, so unless you can sell the license (unlikely now), by not going, you're basically eating a big fee. So it forces you to go to feel like you got something for the PSL.
Reminds me of why some couples don't get divorced, too much invested already.Staying home might be more effective for non-season ticket holders and those who buy on stub-hub etc...
This is basically happening already. Jets fans I know with season tickets literally cannot give away tickets to games. Couldn't tell you how many Facebook posts I saw before the Thanksgiving game begging people to take tickets. Of course, part of that was people not wanting to go on the holiday, but at this point of the season (very cold, bad team) it's just going to be more frequent.

The Jets fan base is demoralized now. As a die hard, I knew that bringing in Tebow would be a disaster (posted about it many times in several threads). I've come to grips with the fact that Sanchez isn't the answer, but Tebow isn't either. It was a stupid publicity stunt. The media will NEVER shut up about him, so anything less than top 10 QB play from Sanchez meant we would never hear the end of it. If I'm running this franchise, Tannenbaum is out (he can't draft), Sparano is out (his style doesn't win in the NFL anymore, especially when you have the least talented group of running backs in the league) and Sanchez and Holmes are out after next season (would be sooner, but their contracts make that impossible). You re-build the linebacking core next season and get Revis back and the defense is back in business. The offense can't be fixed for another year, but you can at least draft/trade for a competent RB so the team can stay competitive on that side of the ball. The team is a disaster, but you can turn things around quickly in the NFL if you have the right people making the decisions.I seriously don't want to hear a word from Pats fans about fan-hood. You want to mock the team, that's totally fine. They're a joke right now. But its pretty easy to brag about how loyal you are when you fall ###-backwards into a HOF QB. Yeah, Cassell did a nice job keeping them afloat for a year, but that doesn't mean much (Sanchez went 11-5 in his 2nd year). New Englanders showed their true colors at Fenway Park this summer. The Red Sox became a Jets-Like freak show and the place was DEAD.
Agree with all of this. New England fans are huge bandwagon jumpers who root for their local sports teams only when the team is good. The Pats have been great the past 15 years, but I'd be shocked if the stadium is even close to full once Brady retires and the team starts to struggle.

I guess in Boston you guys would just give them a hug and tell them it'll be alright?
If the Pats were 4-6, there wouldn't be any Pats fans there.
:bs: That joke died in about 1993. It's approaching 20yrs now that the Pats have kept a pretty packed house. They are now the the #1 team in the region by a pretty wide margin.
The joke will quickly resurrect itself when Brady retires. They've been winning for years now, but that fan base will disappear as they have historically when the team is done with the Brady era. That said, you might get another SB ring, maybe two before then... unless of course you face the Giants.To the Jets, anyone who thinks this is a weak fan base doesn't know the Jets nor their fans. Jets fans are generally more rabid than Giants fans (and annoyingly so at times). They always have false hope and yet are pessimistic, its a hell of a combination, but Jets fans by and large have seen very little success with a few good years thrown in for good measure. Both historically and recently they are overshadowed by the Giants - winning, tradition, larger fan base. But most Jets fans I know are there through thick and thin. Although the Tebow thing and the recent moves that seem less to do with football and more to do with marketing are beginning to wear on even the diehards.
It's funny that he mentions '93 as the ultimate test of loyalty when Parcells/Bledsoe's first year was more of a reason to get excited than some teams who shall remain nameless have had in the last 15 years.

'TLEF316 said:
The Jets fan base is demoralized now. As a die hard, I knew that bringing in Tebow would be a disaster (posted about it many times in several threads). I've come to grips with the fact that Sanchez isn't the answer, but Tebow isn't either. It was a stupid publicity stunt. The media will NEVER shut up about him, so anything less than top 10 QB play from Sanchez meant we would never hear the end of it. If I'm running this franchise, Tannenbaum is out (he can't draft), Sparano is out (his style doesn't win in the NFL anymore, especially when you have the least talented group of running backs in the league) and Sanchez and Holmes are out after next season (would be sooner, but their contracts make that impossible). You re-build the linebacking core next season and get Revis back and the defense is back in business. The offense can't be fixed for another year, but you can at least draft/trade for a competent RB so the team can stay competitive on that side of the ball. The team is a disaster, but you can turn things around quickly in the NFL if you have the right people making the decisions.I seriously don't want to hear a word from Pats fans about fan-hood. You want to mock the team, that's totally fine. They're a joke right now. But its pretty easy to brag about how loyal you are when you fall ###-backwards into a HOF QB. Yeah, Cassell did a nice job keeping them afloat for a year, but that doesn't mean much (Sanchez went 11-5 in his 2nd year). New Englanders showed their true colors at Fenway Park this summer. The Red Sox became a Jets-Like freak show and the place was DEAD.
Not every New England fan fits your broad brush. I would think any team who's a contender year after year is going to have sold out games until they come down to earth. And then when they are 4-12 there will be empty seats (like the 8000 seats on Stubhub for the Jets this weekend as low as 10 bucks each). I get sick and tired of people singling out fan bases as less loyal than others. Human nature is everyone roots for a winner and abandons a loser in a heartbeat. And then you have the true fans, probably far less than 50% of any fan base who will go to games regardless of the teams record. I went to every game from 88-92 when the Pats sucked and only go to two or three a year now because of the ridiculous cost. At least back then you could get seats for next to nothing, now you have to drop $400 plus to take a couple of kids to a game. As far as baseball I can't stand the pink hats and hipster idiots who root for the Sawx. Baseball has been dead to me for almost 20 years as it's a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread