What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

It's 2019. Why haven't they invented... (1 Viewer)

This one may not be well liked by some, but GPS devices can tell us how fast a car is driving. Why doesn’t it give you warning when speeding to slow down and if you maintain that speed a a couple minutes later a ticket is kicked out. 

It seems so dated technology that police have to pull you over and write a ticket. And just all the time wasted with law enforcement slowing down vehicles.

Why are NFL referees still throwing a flag on penalties? They can’t just push a button and the game clock boarder lights up yellow or some other light on the field?  
I really thought the flag issue would be changed after Orlando Brown. 

A way to reliably tell you what time your plane is actually going to leave as opposed to telling you 1.5 hours late and leaving you to guess

It’s not really an invention but it is a law in every state to wear a seat belt, it is still not required to wear a motorcycle helmet. 

Never understoood the idea of we require the seat belt for safety in a car but on a motorcycle going 80 mph couple feet from me we don’t require any means of safety. 

It’s not really an invention but it is a law in every state to wear a seat belt, it is still not required to wear a motorcycle helmet. 

Never understoood the idea of we require the seat belt for safety in a car but on a motorcycle going 80 mph couple feet from me we don’t require any means of safety. 
It is surprising that only 19 states have universal helmet laws but if an idiot wants to commit suicide by motorcycle I guess that is his/her prerogative. It's not like more or less bystanders will be hurt when they crash because the rider isn't wearing a helmet.

Was just watching a YouTube video on inventions.  One was something that charges your phone by just moving around.

Another which I thought was great was portable water.  I think it was like a dehumidifier that puts the water into the bottle using solar power.  The other worked to fill the bottle as you were riding a bike.

Wireless home office printers with interfaces that seem like they were designed in the last 15yrs

Was just watching a YouTube video on inventions.  One was something that charges your phone by just moving around.

Another which I thought was great was portable water.  I think it was like a dehumidifier that puts the water into the bottle using solar power.  The other worked to fill the bottle as you were riding a bike.
I have seen some larger, commercially available atmospheric water reclamation units (considered buying one as a well is not an option for us). But I've never seen anything on the individual serving level. Are they available for purchase or just prototypes?

I have seen some larger, commercially available atmospheric water reclamation units (considered buying one as a well is not an option for us). But I've never seen anything on the individual serving level. Are they available for purchase or just prototypes?
No idea.  I had just watched it like 5 minutes before I posted.  A quick search on Ebay found me nothing

I would like a keyboard that is ergonomically correct and not qwerty orientation.  Your natural wrist position is close to vertical, not horizontal.  So how about a vertical tapered cylinder with keys oriented in an optimum fashion for speed.

Airplane stuff:

Announcements that don't leave you with tinnitus if you have the headphones plugged in

Some better way to dispense paper towels from the bathrooms than those little slots where its all jammed in and you have to rip them out.

Just like cops wear cameras, I would think they could fit a camera onto congress people(they have to wear 24/7)and have an oversight company.   Where if the congress people are bought off, or have illegal activity they are put in jail.  Need something to clean up the corruption.

Just like cops wear cameras, I would think they could fit a camera onto congress people(they have to wear 24/7)and have an oversight company.   Where if the congress people are bought off, or have illegal activity they are put in jail.  Need something to clean up the corruption.
Y'know...that's not a terrible idea. Needs tweaking but still, Congressional baby monitor sounds like a good thing.

But seriously, flying cars should be a thing now. Go back to old worlds fairs tomorrowland type exhibits. Flying cars since the 40s.. They did a good job predicting other stuff.

But seriously, flying cars should be a thing now. Go back to old worlds fairs tomorrowland type exhibits. Flying cars since the 40s.. They did a good job predicting other stuff.
I don't understand the fascination with flying cars.  We'd still have to fly in routes otherwise it would be chaos.  And every fender bender would be deadly.

It is surprising that only 19 states have universal helmet laws but if an idiot wants to commit suicide by motorcycle I guess that is his/her prerogative. It's not like more or less bystanders will be hurt when they crash because the rider isn't wearing a helmet.
I guess, but aren’t the penalties worse for the other driver if you make a mistake? For example, if I swirve into a lane and bump a car, I have to pay an insurance deductible. If I swirve into a lane and knock a motorcycle driver to his death because he doesn’t care about safety precautions what happens?  

People are too stupid.  Think of all the dumb people that can't drive worth a damn now...now put them in the air.

I guess, but aren’t the penalties worse for the other driver if you make a mistake? For example, if I swirve into a lane and bump a car, I have to pay an insurance deductible. If I swirve into a lane and knock a motorcycle driver to his death because he doesn’t care about safety precautions what happens?  
I'm not sure and good point. Could be a vehicular manslaughter charge or could be a Darwin Award.

Actually it might be both.

Users who are viewing this thread