What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is the Mike Vick era upon us in Philly? (1 Viewer)

Truman

Footballguy
McNabb got his contract guaranteed until the end of 2010. Reid just signed an extension. Vick's deal is up at the end of next year as well, but he's 3 years younger than McNabb.

Philly have endured multiple playoff chokes this decade from McNabb and the drums are beating for change. The Eagles have already switched from a WCO to a big play passing team. Going to a run-first philosophy would be much easier with Vick rather than McNabb. Titans showed a much-improved running game once they had their mobile QB starting and Vick is an even greater threat to the D than Vince Young.

If you mean him starting, no. He's the 3rd best QB on the team, but brings to the table a unique ability to throw and pass so he gets into the game 2 to 3 times a game for 1 play to kind of throw the defense off. He's still the 3rd best starting QB on Philly though.

;)Vick's contract is non-guaranteed next year. Philly will be cutting him.
You think they roll with McNabb again? Andy Reid has a job to save and Kolb is likely to be moved given his contract status. I don't think the Eagles are likely to cut Vick after taking the chance on him, he was much better in the second half of the season than he was early.

;)Vick's contract is non-guaranteed next year. Philly will be cutting him.
You think they roll with McNabb again? Andy Reid has a job to save and Kolb is likely to be moved given his contract status. I don't think the Eagles are likely to cut Vick after taking the chance on him, he was much better in the second half of the season than he was early.
What is Kolb's contract status?

:thumbup:Vick's contract is non-guaranteed next year. Philly will be cutting him.
Kolb has 1 year left at about $1 million. There is concern that he'll leave as a Free Agent in 2011. But the Eagles could just as easily sign him to a 1-year extension for $5.1 million and pay less than what they'd pay Vick.BTW, McNabb is in the final year of his contract as well.

:thumbup:Vick's contract is non-guaranteed next year. Philly will be cutting him.
Kolb has 1 year left at about $1 million. There is concern that he'll leave as a Free Agent in 2011. But the Eagles could just as easily sign him to a 1-year extension for $5.1 million and pay less than what they'd pay Vick.BTW, McNabb is in the final year of his contract as well.
That is kinda what I thought (thanks). No one has a better 1-3 QB situation than Philly, and management is not bound by one of the three having 3+ years left on the contract thereby making it difficult to cut someone due to cap implications. In fact, it seems as though management is in the driver's seat here and basically has a year to determine what to do. My guess is that at least one gets extended going into the 2010 season, and I see no reason why 2 of the 3 will not be on the roster come 2011...now with that said, my guess is McNabb is the one gone, but in 2011 if Kolb is the starter and Vick is backup/wildcat QB and they draft a rookie somewhere to develop, they are in good shape. Much of this thought is based on my belief that Vick will not get a huge payday on the market and feel a sense of comfort in Philly and give his new "hometown" a discount. The only darkhorse suitor I could see for Vick is Carolina and with the way he tore them up over the years, there very could well be some love for him.

:lmao:Vick's contract is non-guaranteed next year. Philly will be cutting him.
How does Andy have a job to save when he just got extended a month ago? :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Vick is sure to be released. He is due $8 million next season, so no way the birds will pay that out. They gave him a chance to get back into the league, and next season he'll likely end up in a place like Oakland, Washington, or St. Louis where there is no clear start worthy QB on the current roster.

McNabb will remain in Philly and start, or be traded prior to the draft so the Kolb era can begin and the Eagles will bring back AJ Feely to back up, and draft a 3rd string QB late.

:bye:Vick's contract is non-guaranteed next year. Philly will be cutting him.
How does Andy have a job to save when he just got extended a month ago? :lol:
I don't think they extended him so he could keep choking with McNabb. Jim Mora got the boot with 3 years remaining on his deal, Reid at least needs to show he can evolve as a coach.

Vick is sure to be released. He is due $8 million next season, so no way the birds will pay that out. They gave him a chance to get back into the league, and next season he'll likely end up in a place like Oakland, Washington, or St. Louis where there is no clear start worthy QB on the current roster. McNabb will remain in Philly and start, or be traded prior to the draft so the Kolb era can begin and the Eagles will bring back AJ Feely to back up, and draft a 3rd string QB late.
Warner takes Cardinals to SB and then retires We cut Matt "I suck balls Leinert"Sign Mike Vick...let the Vick, Beanie, Fitz show begin!One Time!

:lol:

Vick's contract is non-guaranteed next year. Philly will be cutting him.
Better in the second half? Better than what?He only threw 13 passes, and ran the ball 24 times, the entire season!!!

What in the world are you talking about?

ETA: Using this logic, Arian Foster and Brian Brohm might be Hall of Famers.

:lol:

Better in the second half? Better than what?He only threw 13 passes, and ran the ball 24 times, the entire season!!!

:bye:

The chances that Kolb will be the Eagles QB next year are a lot better than the chances that Vick is the QB for the Eagles.

:fishing:Vick's contract is non-guaranteed next year. Philly will be cutting him.
How does Andy have a job to save when he just got extended a month ago? :shrug:
I don't think they extended him so he could keep choking with McNabb. Jim Mora got the boot with 3 years remaining on his deal, Reid at least needs to show he can evolve as a coach.
Reid is one of the best coaches in the NFL the Eagles would be crazy to get rid of him. So I say fire him.Vick is the worst QB on the team so I say make him the starter bring in some 8th round rookies to develop behind him.McNabb needs to be gone along with Kolb.While your rebuilding I'd like to see Celek, Jackson, Maclin, McCoy gone to.Then again if they are smart the keep Andy develop Kolb some more and let McNabb play out his contract.

:shrug:Vick's contract is non-guaranteed next year. Philly will be cutting him.
Kolb is not signing a one year deal. It's either a big extension, trade, or free agency for Kolb.

:fishing:

How does Andy have a job to save when he just got extended a month ago? :shrug:
Reid is one of the best coaches in the NFL the Eagles would be crazy to get rid of him. So I say fire him.

Vick is the worst QB on the team so I say make him the starter bring in some 8th round rookies to develop behind him.

McNabb needs to be gone along with Kolb.

While your rebuilding I'd like to see Celek, Jackson, Maclin, McCoy gone to.

Then again if they are smart the keep Andy develop Kolb some more and let McNabb play out his contract.
is he? or is he now the worst coach in the nfc east? wade phillips has at least shown an ability to adapt this year, something andy has refused to do for the better part of 10 years.

The chances that Kolb will be the Eagles QB next year are a lot better than the chances that Vick is the QB for the Eagles.
I will go with this. Kolb has shown signs that he could be a very good QB - look at his stats when McNabb was hurt. Also there is no way Reid would entrust the Eagles future to someone like Vick.

:ph34r:

Yeah, I guess those three pass attempts he threw in the second half really sealed the deal for him...

I gotta say, after scrolling back on this thread, for any team that wants Vick as a STARTER, they are done before they even get started. I couldn't even imagine ANY team wanting to pay him big money to come back and start again, given the fact that he couldn't even win when he was in his prime, yeah he made the playoffs once or twice, but seriously, his arm has NEVER been that good from the start so when is he gonna develope a QB's arm when he never had one in the first place, Having a cannon for an arm is one thing, but NEVER knowing where the ball is gonna go is another...I say good luck to whatever team wants to go that route...

I gotta say, after scrolling back on this thread, for any team that wants Vick as a STARTER, they are done before they even get started. I couldn't even imagine ANY team wanting to pay him big money to come back and start again, given the fact that he couldn't even win when he was in his prime, yeah he made the playoffs once or twice, but seriously, his arm has NEVER been that good from the start so when is he gonna develope a QB's arm when he never had one in the first place, Having a cannon for an arm is one thing, but NEVER knowing where the ball is gonna go is another...I say good luck to whatever team wants to go that route...
You had me up until the bolded, then you went FAIL. Your posting privileges should be revoked.

:ph34r:

ETA: Using this logic, Arian Foster and Brian Brohm might be Hall of Famers.
Better than in the first half and preseason when he was getting run down by DEs and LBs. Obviously the Eagles didn't give him an opportunity to put up numbers, but he was still able to get in against Atlanta and bust a run against the Bears. Plus he completed the only pass of the Eagles offense in the first third of the game today - for a 76 yard TD. Vick clearly showcased his athleticism in the 2nd half of the season and showed an ability to make defenders miss, as well as showing that his arm strength is still there. That's not something he looked capable of early.Vick's option for 2010 is worth $5 million. McNabb is guaranteed $3.5 million. It's much cheaper to get rid of DMac than keep him on the roster.

ray didinger said there was no way vick would be an eagle in september. said he wants to start and there may be opportunities out there for him.

Vick's option for 2010 is worth $5 million. McNabb is guaranteed $3.5 million. It's much cheaper to get rid of DMac than keep him on the roster.
Just stop. You're not very good this. Did your wife make you sleep on the couch or something?

McNabb is the QB in Philly...was yesterday, will be tomorrow, will be in August.

What (if anything) they do with Kolb this offseason will be based on the interest other teams have in him. If it's high enough he'll be gone, otherwise they'll just sit, wait, and worry about it come next January.

Vick's an afterthought. If He's gonna be a "relevant" player again, it won't be in Philadelphia.

If you mean him starting, no. He's the 3rd best QB on the team, but brings to the table a unique ability to throw and pass so he gets into the game 2 to 3 times a game for 1 play to kind of throw the defense off. He's still the 3rd best starting QB on Philly though.
Rediculous statement! :lmao:

You had me up until the bolded, then you went FAIL. Your posting privileges should be revoked.
OK then, tell me what he ever won, because I did state he made the playoffs and never really did anything beyond that, what was it, that one good year he had when they up set a couple teams, what did he do AFTER that? Real QB's take their teams back to the playoffs every year and he couldn't do it...

OK then, tell me what he ever won, because I did state he made the playoffs and never really did anything beyond that, what was it, that one good year he had when they up set a couple teams, what did he do AFTER that? Real QB's take their teams back to the playoffs every year and he couldn't do it...
Vick had a higher winning % in his prime than all but a handful of QBs. He went to the playoffs 2 out of 4 years -- if you don't think that qualifies as a "real" QB, then you must be fishing.Take a guess at how many quarterbacks won more playoff games than Vick between 2002 and 2006.

:kicksrock:Vick's contract is non-guaranteed next year. Philly will be cutting him.
There is absolutely no chance at all that the Eagles DON'T roll with McNabb again next year.

I'm sure there are a lot of people who will disagree with this, but I believe McNabb is toast. I expected him to basically fall apart this season, but he held on.

I've actually noticed his skills eroding for several years. His mechanics are getting worse & worse. He's breaking down, & I believe it's simply due to age. Some players age quicker than others.

I give McNabb virtually no chance at finishing the season as their starter in 2010. It'll be Kolb or Vick (if they keep him).

Sweet Love said:
Mr. Retukes said:
Sweet Love said:
Truman said:
Mr. Retukes said:
:goodposting:Vick's contract is non-guaranteed next year. Philly will be cutting him.
That is kinda what I thought (thanks). No one has a better 1-3 QB situation than Philly, and management is not bound by one of the three having 3+ years left on the contract thereby making it difficult to cut someone due to cap implications. In fact, it seems as though management is in the driver's seat here and basically has a year to determine what to do. My guess is that at least one gets extended going into the 2010 season, and I see no reason why 2 of the 3 will not be on the roster come 2011...now with that said, my guess is McNabb is the one gone, but in 2011 if Kolb is the starter and Vick is backup/wildcat QB and they draft a rookie somewhere to develop, they are in good shape. Much of this thought is based on my belief that Vick will not get a huge payday on the market and feel a sense of comfort in Philly and give his new "hometown" a discount. The only darkhorse suitor I could see for Vick is Carolina and with the way he tore them up over the years, there very could well be some love for him.
I see Vick going to Oakland. He will go wherever he is given a chance to start. That COULD happen in Philly, but more likely Philly goes with McNabb for one more year and signs Kolb to an extension now and then starts Kolb in 2011.

The Comedian said:
what a terrible thread. or a mediocre fishing trip.
:yes: Vick is #3 QB plain and simpleReid just signed an extension his job is safe, I mean he made the playoffs, and look at all the injuries to the D and WestyThey said on NFL network that Reid has stated McNabb is the QB for next year and isn't going anywhereNothing to see here

Mr. Retukes said:
Jake22 said:
:goodposting: This thread sucked until Mr. Retukes took over.

Vick or Kolb.

I really think a change of teams would help McNabb and Philly. They need something fresh.

This all depends on whether they keep McNabb or not.

If they keep McNabb:

Vick is kept.

Kolb gets an extension at the end of the year.

If they get rid of McNabb:

Vick and Kolb compete for starting job in training camp.

New Contracts depend on season results.

They obviously have to give Kolb a chance to compete at sometime. I am also sure that the FO had a comprehensive plan for Vick. I don't think McNabb is going anywhere though. This topic is probably a year too early.

Users who are viewing this thread