What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Matt Schaub a RFA or UFA next year? (1 Viewer)

I think he was a RFA this year and is a UFA next year. However, I could be wrong.

Edited to say that I think Otis is right. He's a RFA in 2007 and an UFA in 2008.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd think he has a decent chance to start next year either in Atlanta or elsewhere. Problem is without WR upgrades and with Dunn aging I can't imagine the QB position being a gold-mine.

I'd think he has a decent chance to start next year either in Atlanta or elsewhere. Problem is without WR upgrades and with Dunn aging I can't imagine the QB position being a gold-mine.
I can't see this post being serious, but if it is..... He will not start in Atlanta next year. Vick will. 100% sure

Pick him up if you can. Vicks been terrible, Falcons are almost out of the playoff hunt, and Vick gave the finger to the fans while leaving the field. Don't be surprised to Schaub is under the center as early as next week.

I really can`t see how Atlanta could afford to let him go with what is going on now.
DJ Shockley will be the Falcons #2 next year.McKay has already publicly said he will put a 1st round tender on Schaub & then Schaub goes to whichever team is the first to cough up a 1st & a 3rd.

Pick him up if you can. Vicks been terrible, Falcons are almost out of the playoff hunt, and Vick gave the finger to the fans while leaving the field. Don't be surprised to Schaub is under the center as early as next week.
This is :sarcasm: right?

This is never going to happen. Vick is the Falcons. No matter what people think of his QB skills, he is the best QB on the team. His receivers are among the worst in the league. The Falcon defense is also horrible this year, and I think people want to blame Vick instead of addressing this. Deagelo Hall is so overrated and they've been plagued with injuries. Vick isn't superman, but he is a playmaker that has had a very good year. Admitting you're in denial is the first step to recovery.

Big Score said:
Stashy said:
Could be but the fact is, it is the correct move. Jim Mora sr. war 100% correct in his analysis. Junior knows it but was dealt the crappy hand and has to play it.

Big Score said:
Stashy said:
Could be but the fact is, it is the correct move. Jim Mora sr. war 100% correct in his analysis. Junior knows it but was dealt the crappy hand and has to play it.
Now I know this is :sarcasm: Good one though lod :thumbup:

Restricted said:
SproutDaddy said:
Restricted said:
Big Score said:
Who do you think pulls the trigger?
The Vikings were talking hot and heavy about him this last offseason. I could see them wanting him again.
Not since they drafted Jackson.
I'm sure they'd take Schaub over T. Jackson. Why did the bring in Brooks Bollinger this year if they were so confident in Tavarius?
I don't think Bollinger cost them a 1st and 3rd round pick, plus they never planned on playing Jackson this year.

Big Score said:
Stashy said:
Hilarious that you can't see that vick SUCKS. Give me the # of 300 yard passing games in his career...You won't need 2 hands to count them. Because HE SUCKS. There is no threat of a passing game in ATL. NONE.

Restricted said:
SproutDaddy said:
Restricted said:
Big Score said:
Who do you think pulls the trigger?
The Vikings were talking hot and heavy about him this last offseason. I could see them wanting him again.
Not since they drafted Jackson.
I'm sure they'd take Schaub over T. Jackson. Why did the bring in Brooks Bollinger this year if they were so confident in Tavarius?
Because Tavarius is a rookie and he injured his knee in September.Schaub is the real deal, he has the talent and there was a TON of interest in him early in the year. I am 100% confident he will start for an NFL team next year. the Vikings, Jets, Texans, Bucs (unlikely), Bills, Redskins or Ravens will likely all have interest this off-season.It would not stun me to see the Eagles bring him in as a security blanket / eventual replacement for McNabb either.

Last edited by a moderator:
From PFT last Thursday:

POSTED 6:09 a.m. EST, November 23, 2006

WRITE IT DOWN: VICK WILL DEMAND A TRADE

We recently addressed the conundrum in which Falcons owner Arthur Blank presently finds himself. Every owner has to choose between trying to make money and trying to win championships, and for now Blank is banking on the ability of quarterback Michael Vick to continue to fill up the coffers.

As a result, it's unlikely that the Falcons would ever consider the possibility of dumping Vick and elevating Matt Schaub to the position of starting quarterback, since to do so would create a revolt among the legion of local Falcons fans, and would cause all those dudes known as empty seats to begin to buy up their season tickets again.

But when we opined that the Falcons wouldn't ever trade or release Vick, we added a caveat. The player could be the one to ask for a divorce, given heightening frustrations with the coaching staff regarding the direction of the offense that he directs.

And we're now convinced that, if the Falcons don't qualify for the postseason and win at least a game or two, Vick will want out.

The catalyst? Recent comments from the father of coach Jim Mora, who called Vick a "coach killer," and Vick's reaction.

On Wednesday, Vick responded. "Honestly, I don't even know what to say," Vick said. "I think it was inappropriate."

Apparently, many of Vick's friends and relatives agreed, since he had to turn off his cell phone due to the volume of calls he received. "There must have been 50 people calling my number to ask if I heard that comment," Vick said. "It starts to wear on you a little bit. I finally had to cut my phone off. I just want to block it out and come play football. People can think what they want to think, say what they want to say. I'm just Mike Vick. I've got to keep doing what I'm doing -- love me or hate me."

Still, our guess is that more than a few of those people who called Vick regarding Mora's comments expressed opinions like, "You've got to get your ### out of there."

If/when Vick raises the issue with Blank and says that he thinks the time has come for a parting of the ways, it's possible that Blank will decide to kill the coach. But how would Blank hire a competent replacement if he sends a message to the football world that the elder Mora's comments were right?

We also believe that an offer to fire Mora wouldn't be enough to get Vick to change his mind. We think that Vick will generally internalize his frustrations over the rest of the season, but that he'll continue to stew regarding the slight. When the games are done, he'll make his move.

Write it down. When the 2007 season starts, Vick has no more chance of wearing a Falcons helmet than another coach killer, Randy Moss, does of wearing a Raiders helmet.
For the anti-PFT people, I have always claimed to read their articles closely. After re-reading this, I am not sure what to make of it. It is written pretty much on speculation. It does not quote any un-named source. But at the end, it makes the strong "write it down" statement. Also note the part I have bolded. It definately looks like Vick is letting the Mora Sr. comments fester in him.

In a plea to the Football Gods, 'Do not let Vick contaminate my WR crew'. 'I have done well by staying clear of any Falcon WR and I respectfully request that Vick goes to the Redskins because I have no interests on that team, thanks. Minnesota would be ok too. All hail the Football Gods.'

Big Score said:
Stashy said:
Hilarious that you can't see that vick SUCKS. Give me the # of 300 yard passing games in his career...You won't need 2 hands to count them. Because HE SUCKS. There is no threat of a passing game in ATL. NONE.
Question: Has a team ever lead the league in rushing and passing, for that matter ever finished first in rushing and then in the top 10 in passing. If so this statement makes sense, if not then its total BS. I think it would be hard for a pro football team to consistenly run for 200 yards per game, while passing for 300 yards plus/game also. The Falcons run the ball 35 times a game only giving them about 20 passing plays per game. Which means each pass play would need to avg 15 yards per pass to avg 300 yards per game. Not even Manning, Brady, Palmer put up a number like that.

St. Louis in 1999 may have been close, but they also had Warner,Faulk, Holt, Bruce not exactly Vick,Dunn,Jenkins,White.

In a plea to the Football Gods, 'Do not let Vick contaminate my WR crew'. 'I have done well by staying clear of any Falcon WR and I respectfully request that Vick goes to the Redskins because I have no interests on that team, thanks. Minnesota would be ok too. All hail the Football Gods.'
I don't think the Redskins will be interested.Most likely teams: Oakland, Denver, Miami, Dallas (post Bill Parcells era). I am just thinking of teams that look at every player available and have a GM that would make this kind of move.I don't think Vick will have a long list of suiters. Maybe he will go for a 2nd round pick like Culpepper.

Users who are viewing this thread