What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is a hot dog considered a sandwich? (1 Viewer)

Is a hot dog considered a sandwich?

• Total voters
You are using as your authority a guy who put catsup on the damn thing and at the same time managed to violate their flight plan.  Who knows but that this did not lead to their break down.  Maybe Swigert was suffering from catsup poisoning when he stirred those oxygen tanks. Nope, only a crazy person would care what Mr. catsup covering, capsule messing up Jim Lovell had to say about it.
You guys are TOTALLY missing the point.

CATSUP? WHAT IS THIS HUNT'S BULL####

Of course, I can get a hell of a good look at a T-Bone steak by sticking my head up a bull's ###, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it.

Sure.

Per google definition:

"an item of food consisting of two pieces of bread with meat, cheese, or other filling between them, eaten as a light meal."

It probably is by definition, but I say it is its own category.
I don’t even remember how I voted but this idea is why I would say it is for sure.  I like to categorize my food - Soups, Salads, Sandwiches, etc. - if I’m making categories there’s no Hot Dog category.  It goes in the sandwich category.  

My 2 year old son and I were reading a book yesterday. This book contained a hotdog truck. He asked me “why is there a picture of a sandwich on the hotdog truck?”  So I change my vote to sandwich. 

This was answered years ago. Judge is obviously a moron. Send him back to judge school!

Edit: after reading the actual article, judge made a good decision but still not a sandwich.

Just saw the taco story on the local news and figured I would check FBG. Never a doubt in my mind that I would see this thread on page one. Glad to see we are wasting court resources on such critical topics.

This was answered years ago. Judge is obviously a moron. Send him back to judge school!

Edit: after reading the actual article, judge made a good decision but still not a sandwich.

Agreed on both accounts. The end result is a good one in that there was no good reason to allow a sandwich place to occupy that space but not a taco place. But the means to get there is dumb and wrong.

There’s a Mexican place by me that actually serves Mexican sandwiches called tortas. So actual sandwiches are a thing and different than tacos.

Just saw the taco story on the local news and figured I would check FBG. Never a doubt in my mind that I would see this thread on page one. Glad to see we are wasting court resources on such critical topics.
i believe the case was the taco/burrito shop wanted to open next to a sandwich shop and the sandwich shop's contract stated another sandwich shop couldn't open in the shopping center, so not really a waste of court services.

Users who are viewing this thread