What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

In this thread I rank my favorite Beatles songs: 204-1. (6 Viewers)

For you I will try to make this happen.  Gotta figure out Nipsey’s site I’ll see if I have time tonight.  Sorry I haven’t been around but I just went on my first first date  since like high school.  Also a lot of other stuff going on in my personal life.
Whoa!  I thought you were married so must be behind on the news, or you have a very cool wife.  Congrats or I’m sorry, whichever is more appropriate.  I hope you are doing well.  Tip for dating:  the I’ve Just Seen A Face hair was cute AF.  

Of course there’s no urgency to anything here!  Nipsey got you guys started with the beginning lines of “I Will” on the prior page.  Maybe he can let you know how to find what you need, if/when you find the time to do it.  You guys can feel free to use this thread or Nipsey’s karaoke one, if you’re up for it.

Whoa!  I thought you were married so must be behind on the news, or you have a very cool wife.  Congrats or I’m sorry, whichever is more appropriate.  I hope you are doing well.  Tip for dating:  the I’ve Just Seen A Face hair was cute AF.  
Thanks, got divorced last year.  Things are good though.

This entire thread I have not questioned a single ranking. But I have to admit you make a good point. What a great tune.
And I don't want things to turn into a revisionist history of all the rankings, because it's not as if any of us read Krista's writeups anyway.  But I figured I'd be the only one to put it in my top 25, although I see @rockaction did too and I'm just trying to give it some love.  

And I don't want things to turn into a revisionist history of all the rankings, because it's not as if any of us read Krista's writeups anyway.  But I figured I'd be the only one to put it in my top 25, although I see @rockaction did too and I'm just trying to give it some love.  
Yeah, I love the sort of sonic riffs and vocals that early on their career. I have a deep appreciation for pop/punk through and through, and I think it comes through in my list. I love a good stomping riff and some distortion, either instrumental or vocal. 

Plus, I love harmonies, and the song has a-plenty, along with a surf element/bass walk that gets me.   Thanks for the shout, I'd been sort of elsewhere in life/board stuff and behind on the thread.

:thumbup:

Meh, Saving Private Ryan wasn’t that great either.  (I fully expect Penny Lane-level backlash now, but I stand by it.  American History X and The Thin Red Line were better mainstream dramas that year.)

Do love that off-kilter dissonance in Hold Me Tight.  
I really don't have a dog in that Best Picture fight.  I was just trying to think of some well-established universally accepted snub.  

Nipsey said:
@Man of Constant Sorrow @fatguyinalittlecoat

I plug a microphone into a usb port on my PC and use a software called Audacity to record it. Then I save it to my computer and upload it on the clyp.it site.
Hey Nipsey, thanks a lot.

I've dl'd Audacity and am looking it over now. Quick question - is there a way to remove or suppress the vocals/vocal range so that it's like a karaoke track? I never heard any of the original vocals on your clips and was wondering how you did it.

THnx.

krista4 said:
Did he say "let it be" or " 'et it be"?

One day I hope you'll find it in your :heart:  to forgive me.
Doggonit, you stirred up a question in me.  I think I ask this question once every five years and I always get an answer, but I always forget the answer.  And I can never get it back from the Google.  A lady singing a foreign language, something that sounds like "Say et tu."  Was probably a top 40 song, circa mid-late 70s. 

I did stumble across this gem while trying.

Hey Nipsey, thanks a lot.

I've dl'd Audacity and am looking it over now. Quick question - is there a way to remove or suppress the vocals/vocal range so that it's like a karaoke track? I never heard any of the original vocals on your clips and was wondering how you did it.

THnx.
Not that I know of. I just look on youtube for the instrumental or karaoke version. I set up my computer speakers in front of the microphone, stick my face in between them and sing. I don't think you can take the actual vocals out of a song with that software. If you can find the actual instrumental track as opposed to an instrumental cover or a karaoke track (and not all karaoke tracks are made equal) it makes a world of difference.

Doggonit, you stirred up a question in me.  I think I ask this question once every five years and I always get an answer, but I always forget the answer.  And I can never get it back from the Google.  A lady singing a foreign language, something that sounds like "Say et tu."  Was probably a top 40 song, circa mid-late 70s. 

Lady Marmalade?

Nipsey said:
@Man of Constant Sorrow @fatguyinalittlecoat

I plug a microphone into a usb port on my PC and use a software called Audacity to record it. Then I save it to my computer and upload it on the clyp.it site.
I forgot to mention you may need something called LAME for Audacity to work right on your machine. It's been so long I forget exactly what it does or why you need it but I needed it. Something to do with encoding? I think you can find it right on the Audacity website.

Not that I know of. I just look on youtube for the instrumental or karaoke version. I set up my computer speakers in front of the microphone, stick my face in between them and sing. I don't think you can take the actual vocals out of a song with that software. If you can find the actual instrumental track as opposed to an instrumental cover or a karaoke track (and not all karaoke tracks are made equal) it makes a world of difference.
Thanks again. 

I've just made a test recording. 

MoCS Ad-lib test to Walrus

Let's see if it works. 

Sorry for the yelling. Still working on voice. 

Could you link the karaoke version you used for "I Will," for fatguy, please?  To make it a little easier on him.

What kind of song?  Rock?  Pop?  Disco?  Is the language Italian?  French?  Berber?
70's pop, nearly positive it was Billboard top 40,  because I heard it many times.  Language?  Spanfranctalian? Esperanto, maybe?

Kind of a yearning, longing vibe.  

My favorite "help me figure this song out" moment on this board involved  FBG web monster @Memphis Foundry (I think it was him) where I asked somebody help me me with lyric fragment borne in my five-year old mind - Julie Rocket to the Moon ... Most of my first five years of life were split between Memphis and New Orleans - a blessing and a curse.  Not surprisingly I now live halfway between the two, in a place I call Purgatory.

That's the most unusual cover of Lady Marmalade i've heard in a while. Don't know if i'd sing it like a walrus, but you made a choice there...
All right!

We gotta pro in da house.

\

Wikkid, I'm working on Toke Together, but keep missing a part.... > Ooops NSFW

I figure I'll eventually come in and time it right, but ya got any advice for an aspiring vocaler like me?  

😀😉

Last edited by a moderator:

eres tu?

In thread news, I updated the first post to add links to the posts of FBG aggregate rankings and the fatguy/Nipsey/Shaftfam covers.  You'll find the links just before the list of songs in my countdown.

This morning I was walking around the house singing, and Mr. krista exclaimed with great shock, "Are you not singing a Beatles song?"

It was a Beatles song.

In thread news, I updated the first post to add links to the posts of FBG aggregate rankings and the fatguy/Nipsey/Shaftfam covers.  You'll find the links just before the list of songs in my countdown.

This morning I was walking around the house singing, and Mr. krista exclaimed with great shock, "Are you not singing a Beatles song?"

It was a Beatles song.
Was it "Wait"?

Oh...never mind.

I forgot that you're a terrible person for a minute.

Ilov80s said:
Krista's great thread has got me thinking about a half-way equivalent movie thread. We could re-do the Best Picture Oscars and see what should have really won? 
Based just on what was nominated for Best Picture that year, or any movie released?  In either case, I’m in despite expecting my votes never to count.   :)   Isn’t this the same way we ended up with Major League as the winner in KP’s movie polls?

Based just on what was nominated for Best Picture that year, or any movie released?  In either case, I’m in despite expecting my votes never to count.   :)   Isn’t this the same way we ended up with Major League as the winner in KP’s movie polls?
True but it will be a bit different because I wouldn’t nominate Major League to even be voted on.

Users who are viewing this thread