What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm starting Harvin tonight...over (1 Viewer)

C-Bound

Footballguy
With the news that plays are being drawn up to get him touches, who's rolling with him tonight? The upside just seems to high to pass on considering runs and catches and the potential for a lot of catch-up action. I'm benching Smith (Car). :confused:

With the news that plays are being drawn up to get him touches, who's rolling with him tonight? The upside just seems to high to pass on considering runs and catches and the potential for a lot of catch-up action. I'm benching Smith (Car). :confused:
Over Santana moss.

I'm in the camp that feels Harvin is in for a very good year in 2010. I liked his prospects before Rice got hurt, but before the migraine issue became such an issue. With the migraine issue (hopefully) under control and Rice being gone for the bulk of the regular season, at least, I like Harvin to have a big year.

I don't have a lot of depth at WR, but I am starting Harvin with Jennings with Hester and Royal on the bench.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm starting Crabtree over Harvin and I'm besides myself. All the projections have them neck and neck this week, but I'm going Crabby just because I already have Favre and I'm looking to diversify a little bit in case NO straight up dominates.

I'm starting Crabtree over Harvin and I'm besides myself. All the projections have them neck and neck this week, but I'm going Crabby just because I already have Favre and I'm looking to diversify a little bit in case NO straight up dominates.
I'm starting Harvin over... Crabtree. I love Crabtree but I think Harvin gets his tonight.

I'm going to ensure that you made the right call by conversely starting Smith over Harvin. :fro:

I'm in the camp that feels Harvin is in for a very good year in 2010. I liked his prospects before Rice got hurt, but before the migraine issue became such an issue. With the migraine issue (hopefully) under control and Rice being gone for the bulk of the regular season, at least, I like Harvin to have a big year.
:confused: <------ bandwagon driver

Keep debating on whether to start Harvin over Nicks... both seem to be ranked right around the same area on the week 1 cheatsheets/prjoections.

Could make a case for either one. Right now I'm leaning towards Harvin unless somebody talks me out of it.

Starting Harvin and Wayne in a TD only league over Bowe, Floyd, and some other guys...

Starting Harvin and Austin over Laurent Robinson, Josh Morgan, and Tedd Ginn...

Starting him over Nicks, Gaffney, Dez Bryant, and Floyd in a juicy matchup.

... and starting him with Steve Smith (Car) for the "I haven't practiced in the pre-season" WR tandem.

Starting him over Nicks, Gaffney and BMW in a PPR and return yardage league... Hesitated with Nicks but figured the return yards gave Harvin the boost necessary to get the nod :lmao:

..don't you think they'll roll a safety in his direction since he's the main target out there? I'm starting him, but I'm not expecting more than 5/78/1.

I'm starting him over TO and Mason in one league. That was an easy choice. I'm still debating between him and Best in another league. That choice isn't quite as easy.

dudaman said:
..don't you think they'll roll a safety in his direction since he's the main target out there? I'm starting him, but I'm not expecting more than 5/78/1.
I'll take that...nevertheless, safety help may hinder his deep action a bit but as long as he gets the touches he'll produce.

its either the missed time/chemistry from the migranes or its he's playing more as a outside Wr now with Rice out and he's a green for the job right now. or a combo

Ugh. Very disappointed in Harvin's targets tonight. Won't be starting him again until he blows up (if that ever happens).

azgroover said:
:loco: Crabtree should outperform just making the bus to the Qwest Field.

Hate to say it but, never bench your studs. Percy Harvin has yet to prove anything yet.
Your post game insight is 2nd to none. Alot of leagues start 3 WR's, and Harvin is clearly in the top 36 fantasy WR's. He was my 19th ranked WR going into the season, so he was probably alot of people starters even in start 2 WR leagues.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the Vikes last drive Harvin wasn't even on the field.

They had Greg Lewis, Camarillo and Berrian as their 3 receivers.

I saw Harvin standing on the sidelines next to the coaches.

Not sure if he was benched or it was something else(migraines?).

I think Harvin needs to go back to the slot to be effective. But to put him there, the Vikes need an outside threat, which they don't currently have. Perhaps AJ Smith was wise to keep Vincent Jackson--I bet the Vikes make a call this week.

i will be rushing to the ww for camarillo after this game. not gonna drop anything of value for him, and not gonna put him in the lineup, but it seems he has a great understanding of how to play football and favre recognizes that.

also, shiancoe seems to be nice value. the only pass catcher favre seems to have confidence in. that play where he forced it to him into triple coverage was illuminating.

Users who are viewing this thread