What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Im not giving up on _______ ___________! (1 Viewer)

packer_junkie

Footballguy
Thread title says it all.. who on your team has disappointed but you still have high hopes for?

For me, Its Eddie Lacy, started semi slow last year and bounced back in a major way. I see him progressing as the schedule lightens up and the offense gets into more of a groove.

Any others?

Eddie Lacy - I went all in on him this year (1st round pick - 3 leagues) so I need him to perform

Torrey Smith - I bought into the hype that he'd essentially be Andre Johnson in BAL with Kubiak there. I still believe it.

Tony Romo - He can't be this bad right? I'll chalk it up to rust from not playing much in the offseason/preseason but I'm worried.

Yeah I'll chime in:

Tom Brady - week 1 didn't look very good, but in week 2 the game plan didn't call for a lot of passing. NE destroyed minny with defense and running. That won't happen every week. Brady rains my starter. If he puts up another stinker this week I might start to get antsy, but it's the raiders and I can foresee another defensive/running effort while blowing Oakland out of the water.

Justin hunter - the targets are there. The talent is there. The big games will come.

Moreno, Ingram, Mathews - with all of the injuries to RBS already this season it amazes me to see how quickly owners are dropping these guys. They are all quality backs who will have a major role in their respective offenses again in a month or so. I'm holding on to all 3 with my kung fu grip for as long as I can.

Demaryius thomas - 2 relatively slow weeks for a guy that is supposed to challenge megatron for the #1 fantasy wr spot. The good times will come though.

Gronk - like Brady, the game plan didn't favor his usage in week 2. He is getting healthier each week and the outburst will come soon.

Kelce - this guy is on the verge of busting out and becoming a baby gronk. No way I'm letting him go.

Wheaton - he's very involved in that offense. The Tds will come.

Brian quick - I don't care how bad the rams are. They will be playing catch up most weeks and quick is the focal point of that passing game. Again, the Tds will come.

Locker - too early to jump ship. Perhaps Dallas d is a little better than we thought?

Doug Martin ...

Rookie #'s unbelievable

Seems like some chump bu RB has been putting up very good numbers for Tampa every other week since last season but not on a consistent basis. If he stays healthy I think he will get in a groove like his rookie season.

Doug Martin ...

Rookie #'s unbelievable

Seems like some chump bu RB has been putting up very good numbers for Tampa every other week since last season but not on a consistent basis. If he stays healthy I think he will get in a groove like his rookie season.
Please be right. I felt like I already had the crown on my head when I started out the draft with Charles and Martin, now I'm fighting to avoid the Sacko.

I really don't get the Cruz love. I don't see him as anything more than a WR3.

There are so many good first and second year WRs this year, I'd rather roll the dice on one of them breaking out then pull my hair out trying to figure out what to do with Cruz.

Eddie Lacy - I went all in on him this year (1st round pick - 3 leagues) so I need him to perform

Torrey Smith - I bought into the hype that he'd essentially be Andre Johnson in BAL with Kubiak there. I still believe it.

Tony Romo - He can't be this bad right? I'll chalk it up to rust from not playing much in the offseason/preseason but I'm worried.
Seems as though Torrey Smith is on this list every year. Then in November he'll show up on the "guys that let you down" list. :yes:

The FBG's always love him, and to me it looks like he's already been kicked to the curb by 55-yr old Steve Smith.

Seems as though Torrey Smith is on this list every year. Then in November he'll show up on the "guys that let you down" list. :yes:

The FBG's always love him, and to me it looks like he's already been kicked to the curb by 55-yr old Steve Smith.
In three seasons Smith's worst standard scoring finish is WR23

Last edited by a moderator:
Lamar Miller

Riley Cooper although I think Sproles is sapping targets from him big time. I don't have much of an option out there.

I really don't get the Cruz love. I don't see him as anything more than a WR3.

There are so many good first and second year WRs this year, I'd rather roll the dice on one of them breaking out then pull my hair out trying to figure out what to do with Cruz.
I'm still holding him, but he's on my bench until he starts producing.I'll add terence Williams to the list. I have Murray so I hope they do keep running the ball, but I think if they all get going on offense he could put up some good games yet...

Allen. (I hope.)

He's really the only non-injured player on my roster that I can term as a disappointment right now. I was hoping for WR2 numbers out of him while starting him every week as a flex.

pantherclub said:
GROOT said:
He will be okay once Glennon gets the start
The QB doesn't call they plays. If the Bucs OC/Lovie/whoever only throws the ball 21 times Jackson will continue putting up middling stat lines.

ETA: Especially in the red zone. They were handing it off on 3rd and long.

please put me out of my misery.- Jonathan Stewart.

I still remember that year where he carried me to the championship. Dwill is already banged up, Cam is a little banged up. Stewart looks healthy, almost last man standing, and i just can seem to cut him.

Leonidas said:
Dizzy said:

In three seasons Smith's worst standard scoring finish is WR23
Yup, that's the kind of stuff that pumps him up every summer. And I have no doubt he'll finish in that 20-30 bracket in 2014.

Cruz. The targets are there. He had some drops in week 2. I think he'll be ok
The thing that bothers me about Cruz is that we're coming up on his 1-year anniversary since his last TD (next week?)... and he hasn't done a whole lot since, depending on where you ranked him pre-season. It's amazing how much rope a sexy end zone dance and a Chunky Soup commercial buys you.

I think Randle has a better chance to come around and finish well ahead of Cruz.

In one league I have ADP, Gordon, RG3, Mathews, Cruz, and Justin Hunter.

I'm not giving up on ANY of them.

I'm just giving up on my chances in that league....

:X

Hunter

A lot of my teams the end of the bench has been hunter or quick and need to drop one of them for the ww of the week. Quick is the one to get cut and I have a feeling I'll regret it....

Two games in and I see people posting names such as Allen, Gronk and Vereen... I don't get it

Ladarius Green

I have Cameron and will be picking up another backup TE to start but I'm dropping somebody besides Ladarius.

A lot of experts are saying sell high on Gates, and it's only week 2. Gates started out strong last year and faded big time. It can still happen AMIRITE??!?

Users who are viewing this thread