What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If There is a NFL Lockout in 2011 (1 Viewer)

This is a basic strategy question. If the NFL does have a lockout in 2011, will it affect how you draft this year, and the way you manage your team, especially in a dynasty format?

My opinion, if you are coming off a championship, or close to one you need to at least consider foregoing the future to make a stron run this next year. If you are in total rebuid already, do you continue on that path?

I am torn on the subject. On one hand, I say sure, why not go for the gusto and the $$$, as who knows what will happen with a year off in the NFL. Who knows, in two years one may not even want to play FF anymore.

On the other hand, If you have built up picks and young talent, why mortgage that on just one year, and who knows they may even settle the labor dispute and have no lockout at all.

What are your thoughts? I am very interested to hear what the masses have to say! Thanks!

I would play like it's just another season. No use in guessing what will happen and ruining your future because of that.

I really dont think I change my strategy too much but I am concerned about the 2011 draft picks and are they worth owning or not. I like the 2011 draft class especially in a 2QB league but what happens if there is no season with these picks.

1. Will there be a rookie cap in place no matter what

2. If the answer is YEs to 1, will players come out knowing they will miss a season

These really impact my thought process. I am not in this position as I am win now in both of my leagues but I do have a buddy who has a good team but it is playoff fringe right now but he has really improved this off-season. He has 2 1st next year. One that will be probably 5 to 8 spot and his own that right now looks like 6-9 spot. The draft next year looks about 10 deep for quality players and than kind of drops off. Does he trade these 2 picks and go for it now or keep the direction he has gone. If the draft misses out on those RB and WR`s next year because they dont declare than he could be kicking himself in the butt

There won't be a lockout, they can't be stupid enough to get there. They have to see what happened to the NHL years ago.

Treat it like it's any other season.

There won't be a lockout, they can't be stupid enough to get there. They have to see what happened to the NHL years ago.Treat it like it's any other season.
Now I may be wrong but from what I have read, the owners want some radical changes to the rookie salary cap, 4 to 5 for minimum years and to lower the salary cap. The owners get paid no matter what. Will the players bend is the big question. Labour issues in sports has happened many times and I dont take this one lightly

There won't be a lockout, they can't be stupid enough to get there. They have to see what happened to the NHL years ago.Treat it like it's any other season.
Now I may be wrong but from what I have read, the owners want some radical changes to the rookie salary cap, 4 to 5 for minimum years and to lower the salary cap. The owners get paid no matter what. Will the players bend is the big question. Labour issues in sports has happened many times and I dont take this one lightly
The owners are only getting paid by Direct TV Contracts... and thats really can't be much compared to what they during a season. They will lose a ton of if there is a lock out. I'm sure that the Players Union has a little put away just like the owners have a little coming to them. As it gets closer there will be a ton of Pressure on both-sides to work it out.... Lockout is highly unlikely.

It seems like a lot of posturing so far...For example, I'd think the players union would be in favor of an NBA-style rookie contract system as long as the it doesn't change team salaries over all. That is, the players would rather see the money go to guys who have proved themselves in the NFL. I can't imagine what its like working your butt off on the raiders special teams and making the minimum while watching Russell eat burritos and cash million dollar game checks....

Users who are viewing this thread