What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I turned off Miami-Duke 6 seconds too soon (1 Viewer)

DaVinci

FairTaxguy
I was already late to pick up my daughter, and when Duke punched it in with 6 seconds left I was so disgusted I turned it off and left. Oops.

Really blatant block in the back right as the final lateral is thrown at 0:51. Two-hand shoved the guy into the one who had thrown the lateral.

One blatant block, another questionable block, possible knee down, refs that don't understand the replay rules. It's a win. :thumbup:

So weird, when it came down to that last drive by Duke/ko to Miami,

I found myself rooting for the canes. Congrats Miami fans, eff Finebaum.

-nole.

One blatant block, another questionable block, possible knee down, refs that don't understand the replay rules. It's a win. :thumbup:
$ flags vs the U on Dukes final drive to give them 4 first downs.

It goes both ways.

Incredible play to end a game, top 5 finish of all time. Insane.

Last edited by a moderator:
23-5 in penalties Miami/Duke

Yet no one talks about that. That was disgusting. And Dukes last drive was joke with those flags.

Poetic Justice for Miami (for once).

I thought you couldn't advance a fumble at the end of the game either (several of those laterals hit the ground). Or is that just the NFL?

I thought you couldn't advance a fumble at the end of the game either (several of those laterals hit the ground). Or is that just the NFL?
Only the fumbling player can advance. In a lateral situation I would guess that the intended receiver can advance it but if it becomes a holy roller situation the play is pretty much dead.

Only the fumbling player can advance. In a lateral situation I would guess that the intended receiver can advance it but if it becomes a holy roller situation the play is pretty much dead.
Weird. Technically the player throwing the lateral is the fumbling player (the same way that a botched handoff is credited to the QB). Also looked like a few of those laterals didn't really have clear targets and were as much intentional fumbles as actual laterals.

Weird. Technically the player throwing the lateral is the fumbling player (the same way that a botched handoff is credited to the QB). Also looked like a few of those laterals didn't really have clear targets and were as much intentional fumbles as actual laterals.
Yeah, I'm no rule expert but I can see the logic behind allowing the intended receiver being allowed to advance. The spirirt of the rule is to discourage the intentional forward fumble. As long as there is intent to lateral, I don't think it should be a problem. That is just my personal opinion, I have no clue what the letter of the law is in this case.

Two things about this...

1) Do you think this would be happening if the game was a couple blocks away in Cameron Indoor Stadium? ;)

2) Heard this on Highly Questionable this afternoon, don't you think (and the ACC and others can't mention this) the game can't be overturned is folks in Vegas? Hard to get folks to return cash they won on a game when the result is overturned a day or two later?

2) Heard this on Highly Questionable this afternoon, don't you think (and the ACC and others can't mention this) the game can't be overturned is folks in Vegas? Hard to get folks to return cash they won on a game when the result is overturned a day or two later?
I don't see this as a problem. Books can make up their own rules as far as settling tickets. They don't have to honor overturned games.

Short Corner said:
Yeah, I'm no rule expert but I can see the logic behind allowing the intended receiver being allowed to advance. The spirirt of the rule is to discourage the intentional forward fumble. As long as there is intent to lateral, I don't think it should be a problem. That is just my personal opinion, I have no clue what the letter of the law is in this case.
You can advance them in the NFL as well if the ball doesn't go forward. If it's a lateral, it doesn't matter if it hits the ground or not.

I don't see this as a problem. Books can make up their own rules as far as settling tickets. They don't have to honor overturned games.
But haven't most people settled by today for games on Saturday?

Although I'm sure it isn't a huge game for betting, but...

But haven't most people settled by today for games on Saturday?
Yep.

Users who are viewing this thread