What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hype Train has Fallen off the Tracks - Kenbrell Thompkins (1 Viewer)

Someone somewhere is benefiting from this guy starting for them.

He and Dobson are getting a lot of good looks today... and they're catching them.

Someone somewhere is benefiting from this guy starting for them.

He and Dobson are getting a lot of good looks today... and they're catching them.
Roddys ankle, Blackmon survival mode, and he made my lineup again. Not kidding myself that its a shark move starting him, just circumstances this week.

Train still not on track - 2 rec for 2TDs isn't something you can depend on.
Got another catch for 20. But I agree, he will be inconsistent all year....even moreso if Amendola, Gronk, or Vereen is in the lineup.

Still good to see him improving each week with his concentration and connection with Brady. Dobson still looks like he can't catch anything.

Has Revis been on him or not?
Revis has been on Thompkins when Dobson isn't on the field, on Dobson when Thompkins isn't on the field, and has covered both when they shared the field.

Hes still getting separation, just not the targets.

Got another catch for 20. But I agree, he will be inconsistent all year....even moreso if Amendola, Gronk, or Vereen is in the lineup.

Still good to see him improving each week with his concentration and connection with Brady. Dobson still looks like he can't catch anything.
Dobson only looked like he had one drop... and he had a number of great adjustments and catches. Don't know what you were seeing, but he looked worlds better this week.

Dobson only looked like he had one drop... and he had a number of great adjustments and catches. Don't know what you were seeing, but he looked worlds better this week.
He's dropped 3 balls, Kenbrell has dropped 4. More than a couple of these drops were bad throws.

glad he had a decent game, and brady was looking for him in the redzone. though, i'm concerned about what's going to happen w/ him & dobson when amendola and gronk are back in the mix. if they *split* the snaps it will basically kill both of their values. gotta hold for now, at least with a little more optimism after today.

glad he had a decent game, and brady was looking for him in the redzone. though, i'm concerned about what's going to happen w/ him & dobson when amendola and gronk are back in the mix. if they *split* the snaps it will basically kill both of their values. gotta hold for now, at least with a little more optimism after today.
Sell high opportunity?

Sell high opportunity?
maybe as a throw in / kicker to get a bigger deal done, but I can't imagine you'd get much for KT straight up. (mainly for the doubts I mentioned above).

He's dropped 3 balls, Kenbrell has dropped 4. More than a couple of these drops were bad throws.
drops is subjective, not sure so many for KT

Has Revis been on him or not?
Most of the game he was on KT, so they threw toward Dobson also because Dobson was doing real well. He looked pretty good even when the pass wasn't completed.

When he's nervous and such, he runs stiff and different. This week he looked comfy and really looked like he's going to be a tough matchup for years to come. He's 6-3 6-4 and has a nice reach so when he's showing some speed or lateral movement it catches your eye.

Brady has always had a tendency for going to the hot hand, but it seems moreso this year like he's not looking at the others. This was definitely Dobson's week.

benched him. picked up edelman. lol.
I was very unimpressed with Edelman this week. I was surprised how it played out; would have made the same move if I could. As I said this summer, I imagine certain players will do real well certain weeks with an overly inviting matchup, but early on it looked like the Pats weren't going to do that but were going to force the issue to amendola or edelman.

It's good (not for FF) Dobson did well this week. Next week's opponent now has to be curious if it's Edelman, Gronk(probably), or Dobson that will get Brady's focus. Maybe that'll mean it's Boyce's or KT's turn, but I think we'd all assume BB wants a D to have to worry about em' all eventually.

Anyone sticking Thompkins in their lineup against the Falcons Sunday night? Early word is that Gronk may play, but Amendola probably won't.

Luckily (due to a lack of options) I kept him in the lineup last week...

I have Gronk who I'm slotting in the flex - If he is a no go, I'm back with Kenbrell again...

Anyone sticking Thompkins in their lineup against the Falcons Sunday night? Early word is that Gronk may play, but Amendola probably won't.
Yep. It could work either way. Gronk could draw coverage away from everyone else.

In the league I have KT in, I have Jordy on a bye and Miles Austin out (and Blackmon and Harvin out), start 2 WR and a WR/TE flex. I have both KT and Edelman in the lineup and somewhat happy that its an easy call to start both. I know, not a ringing endorsement of KT this week but I think the NE offense has its best week to date regardless of Gronk's status.

I've got Kenbrell and Gronk for the flex... If Gronk goes, obviously he plays, otherwise Kenbrell is kinda back on my good side with the performance last week.

Still struggling between KT and Edelman for this week fighting for the same spot.
start Neither... I would rather start Streater or Moore
Terrell Pryor vs Tom Brady, sounds dumb.
Pryor/Flynn against Washington instead of Brady against Atlanta doesn't.
No, that still sounds dumb.

Two scrub QBs against a bottom 25% defense or a top 5 QB against a bottom 25% defense...

Still struggling between KT and Edelman for this week fighting for the same spot.
start Neither... I would rather start Streater or Moore
Terrell Pryor vs Tom Brady, sounds dumb.
Pryor/Flynn against Washington instead of Brady against Atlanta doesn't.
No, that still sounds dumb.

Two scrub QBs against a bottom 25% defense or a top 5 QB against a bottom 25% defense...
I disagree

Same. The only thing I'm certain about is that I'll pick the wrong guy. <_<

Also debating playing both of them and sitting Mike Wallace on Monday night, who is the definition of untrustworthy.

Also debating playing both of them and sitting Mike Wallace on Monday night, who is the definition of untrustworthy.
Whoever I choose will be starting over Tampa Mike, Eddie Royal and Broyles - if that helps you at all.

Whoever I choose will be starting over Tampa Mike, Eddie Royal and Broyles - if that helps you at all.
I'd start Broyles

I'd start Broyles
I am in multiple leagues, thats part of the reason I'm not starting him, the other part is I don't think he has a higher floor or ceiling than either of them.

Brady needs to improve too for those drop #s to improve. There's still far too many people thinking same ol Brady and he hasn't been.

As I wrote in the other thread, they all looked improved so hopefully it's coming.

Users who are viewing this thread