What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How much Voter Fraud is Happening (1 Viewer)

Which is worse / which is MORE UNJUST?

• An illegitimate vote being counted

Votes: 73 27.4%
  • A legitimate vote not being counted

Votes: 193 72.6%

• Total voters
Just got the email notification that voting in-person will open on October 5 at city hall (SF). Will be heading there on day 1 to get my vote in as early as possible.

Bill Barr, not just a willing dupe encouraging foreign interference in our election, but also a willing dupe encouraging voter fraud.

Here is the Attorney General of the United States refusing to confirm that voting twice is a federal and state crime.

Barr: "I don't know what the law in the particular state says."

He knows. He also knows it's a federal crime, which is his jurisdiction.
As far as Bill Barr is concerned the law is whatever Donald Trump tells him it is.  If only there were a word for this sort of government.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dinsy Ejotuz said:
Bill Barr, not just a willing dupe encouraging foreign interference in our election, but also a willing dupe encouraging voter fraud.

Here is the Attorney General of the United States refusing to confirm that voting twice is a federal and state crime.

Barr: "I don't know what the law in the particular state says."

He knows. He also knows it's a federal crime, which is his jurisdiction.
As far as Bill Barr is concerned the law is whatever Donald Trump tells him it is.  If only there were a word for this sort of government.
This must be the CNN interview my wife was telling me about.  She said she was speechless.  She also said that Barr was pretty "short" and "snippy" through the whole thing.  He gets what he deserves IMO.

"When the President said they found a lot of ballots in the river: Where is the river?"

@PressSec doesn't answer.

Fox Radio's Jon Decker: “I cover the news and I like to report accurately on the news.

And when the president says, ‘They found a lot of ballots in a river,' I simply want to know where the river is.”

The president supposedly so worried about voter fraud publicly encouraged people to commit voter fraud.
He's obviously trying to create a self fulfilling prophecy.  It's not going to work.  Everything he's doing now just pushes more people away from him (except the core cult).  

Is this the thread discussing why Donald Trump is actively pushing that the election is "rigged" and fraudulent before the voting even started? I find that to be a significant threat to Democracy, when the incumbent questions the legitimacy of the election before it even happens and says he'll need to see what happens before he decides to accept the outcome or not. To me it's literally depressing that this would happen in America. I didn't see a specific thread on the active push to discredit the election.  

Is this the thread discussing why Donald Trump is actively pushing that the election is "rigged" and fraudulent before the voting even started? I find that to be a significant threat to Democracy, when the incumbent questions the legitimacy of the election before it even happens and says he'll need to see what happens before he decides to accept the outcome or not. To me it's literally depressing that this would happen in America. I didn't see a specific thread on the active push to discredit the election.  
He says it's rigged, but does not offer any solutions (directly, through other Federal channels, in cooperation with State governments) to correct it.

It's not rigged.

He's obviously trying to create a self fulfilling prophecy.  It's not going to work.  Everything he's doing now just pushes more people away from him (except the core cult).  
Maybe he knows he's going to get clobbered and is not actively courting people to screw up the voting process so bad that a slate of electors must be sent from each state (as determined by their state constitution).  Basically, he's trying to make sure that the election is such chaos that an accurate vote count is impossible and all results thrown out.

Does voter suppression get anymore blatant?

>> Harris County (Houston) has 4.7 million people spread out across 1729 square miles. Thanks to @GovAbbott, it's now allowed only *one* location for dropping off mail-in ballots. Ditto DFW, Austin, and San Antonio. "Ballot security," my a**; this is transparent voter suppression.<<

https://mobile.twitter.com/steve_vladeck/status/1311734211972337664
Probably the clearest indication of how close the polls are in Texas right now.

Trump Party running scared.

Maybe he knows he's going to get clobbered and is not actively courting people to screw up the voting process so bad that a slate of electors must be sent from each state (as determined by their state constitution).  Basically, he's trying to make sure that the election is such chaos that an accurate vote count is impossible and all results thrown out.
Nailed it.  That's why he started this "rigged election" stuff last year.  The writing's been on the wall for a while.  Creating chaos about the election gives him the chance to throw out our votes.  PS- THERE IS NO FRAUD.  

Does voter suppression get anymore blatant?

>> Harris County (Houston) has 4.7 million people spread out across 1729 square miles. Thanks to @GovAbbott, it's now allowed only *one* location for dropping off mail-in ballots. Ditto DFW, Austin, and San Antonio. "Ballot security," my a**; this is transparent voter suppression.<<

https://mobile.twitter.com/steve_vladeck/status/1311734211972337664
Maybe they should, you know, mail in their mail in ballot. 

The Z Machine said:
I can't find the article again, but last week there was an in depth article out explaining how Trump could try to manhandle the outcome of the election. It mostly focused on states where the governor and state legislature were opposite parties. In battleground states, especially ones where he might be leading before all the mail in ballots were counted, whichever branch of government in that state that was Republican could claim voter fraud or contest the outcome.

It didn't have to be prove malfeasance or fraud, it only had to be suggested and considered by enough people as a possible outcome. States have roughly 30 days to certify their election results (although they could go longer if they had to), and Republicans could run interference to contest review of mail in ballots, claim suppression in some ZIP codes, take things to court, etc. Both sides could allocate their state's electoral votes to their candidate. Ultimately, this would get decided by the House of Representatives.

Even though the Democrats hold more SEATS in the House, each state only gets ONE vote. So all the representatives in a state would have to vote to decide who gets their state's delegates. The Republicans hold more STATES in the House, so it is not far fetched that Trump could try to make an end run to try to steal the election. (However, the House vote would take place AFTER the new breed of representatives was installed, so who knows how the landscape would change).

Secondarily, it's possible that the Republicans could claim voter fraud to the point that they want the electoral votes from that state excluded (in an effort to keep Biden from getting to 270 electoral votes and then again sending the decision to the House). While any of these tactics may be unlikely, there at least exists the chance that things could get really down and dirty to drag things out.

This isn't the same article, but it touches on similar topics.

Why make it harder to vote? The drop boxes are a great, relatively low cost solution to getting ballots in on time with security. 
It's not like going to your polling place and voting was that hard to begin with. 

They have done nothing but make it easier. How much more easy do they have to make it. Maybe they should they should just come to you, like the census cowboy. Maybe bring ya some Taco Bell since they coming. 

I don't know, "Get off my lawn" I guess

It's not like going to your polling place and voting was that hard to begin with. 

They have done nothing but make it easier. How much more easy do they have to make it. Maybe they should they should just come to you, like the census cowboy. Maybe bring ya some Taco Bell since they coming. 

There are folks that need to spend hours in line to cast a ballot. That doesn’t seem easy to me.

It should be as easy as possible for everyone all the time and especially should be made easier during a pandemic. The drop off boxes are already in place so why the rush to remove them? That doesn't seem like they're making it easy to do.

What if an asteroid hits the earth?  What if mamma aint there to wipe your ###? 

JFC take some responsibility and plan ahead. 
People probably did plan ahead...and now, the governor is setting more barriers in place.  That is on the Governor...not the people.  Its attempted voter suppression no matter how many excuses you want to make.

It's not like going to your polling place and voting was that hard to begin with

Um.. couldn't be more wrong.

"When the President said they found a lot of ballots in the river: Where is the river?"

@PressSec doesn't answer.

Fox Radio's Jon Decker: “I cover the news and I like to report accurately on the news.

And when the president says, ‘They found a lot of ballots in a river,' I simply want to know where the river is.”
Apparently, it was not so much a river, as it was a ditch, and it wasn't so much "ballots" as it was "no ballots".   But, other than that the President nailed it.

Reid Wilson@PoliticsReid

Three trays of mail found in a Wisconsin ditch last week did NOT include any ballots -

Apparently, it was not so much a river, as it was a ditch, and it wasn't so much "ballots" as it was "no ballots".   But, other than that the President nailed it.

Reid Wilson@PoliticsReid

Three trays of mail found in a Wisconsin ditch last week did NOT include any ballots -
good enough for government work, as they say, amirite?

E Street Brat said:
Maybe they should, you know, mail in their mail in ballot. 
Just for the record, the mail times in our battleground state here in NC have more than quadrupled for me. Just this past month a bank deposit mailed in to our bank 4 miles away took 17 days.  I town utility bill I mailed took 11 days to go 6 miles.  This stuff took 2-3 days max previously.  Um...  People NEED the option to drop them off.  That's what we did specifically because of the mail fluster____ around here.

In a normal year, having the election on a workday midweek makes it difficult for some people to get to the polls, especially if there are wait times. 

With the pandemic and social distancing, some people simply should not be in close proximity to others, particularly in poorly ventilated areas. 

Ballots that can be filled out ahead of time and dropped off in a convenient, secure location improves both situations. 

I think it's good governance to put the needs of the people first. 

What does the GOP hope to accomplish with this? They are down by a 2-1 margin in the polls in CA. Trump is going to get crushed in CA no matter what they try to do to stir the pot.
What happens to the votes they collected? They're not legally able to do so. Maybe trash the ballots they don't like? 

All they hope to accomplish by stirring the pot is to create chaos and give Trump one more conspiracy theory to feed his followers. 
"They" should be in jail for election tampering. 

What does the GOP hope to accomplish with this? They are down by a 2-1 margin in the polls in CA. Trump is going to get crushed in CA no matter what they try to do to stir the pot.
Only thing I can think of is self fulfilling prophecy...."see, we told you there'd be voter fraud" :shrug:  

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/08/trump-wants-to-cut-mail-in-voting-the-republican-machine-is-helping-him-392428

This past spring, President Donald Trump began a full-fledged assault on voting by mail, tweeting, retweeting and railing about massive fraud and rigged elections with scant evidence.

Then the Republican apparatus got to work backing up the president.

In the weeks since, Trump’s campaign and the Republican National Committee have taken to the courts dozens of times as part of a $20 million effort to challenge voting rules, including filing their own lawsuits in several battleground states, including Minnesota, Pennsylvania and Nevada. And around the time Trump started musing about delaying the election last week, aides and outside advisers began scrambling to ponder possible executive actions he could take to curb mail-in voting — everything from directing the postal service to not deliver certain ballots to stopping local officials from counting them after Election Day.
New thread title: How much voter suppression is actually happening?

If you have a claim of fraud, please check this great unrolled Twitter thread first to see if it’s already been debunked. There’s dozens of fraud claims that have made the social media rounds that this guy has easily debunked.

If you come into this thread and post something that this guy has already debunked, that will be a sign to everyone else that you don’t care about the truth or anyone else’s time and that your posting can safely be ignored. Fair warning.

Users who are viewing this thread