What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How much Voter Fraud is Happening (1 Viewer)

Which is worse / which is MORE UNJUST?

• An illegitimate vote being counted

Votes: 73 27.4%
  • A legitimate vote not being counted

Votes: 193 72.6%

• Total voters
“They are attempting to bypass this body’s Rules Committee on behalf of various bills that will seize control over elections from the states and take it from the states and where do they want to put it? They want it to rest in the hands of Washington"

“They are attempting to bypass this body’s Rules Committee on behalf of various bills that will seize control over elections from the states and take it from the states and where do they want to put it? They want it to rest in the hands of Washington"
Sure :lol:  

Changed tune?

Exactly who was at the helm during the 2016 election?
Did that POTUS offer a $10 million bounty on outing any foreign election meddler? (they spent $25 million trying to invent one)
Who was it that became concerned after they lost the 2016 election?
Who was it who did nothing to combat election fraud during the 2016 election? (actually said that it couldn't happen)

Only one party seems to be concerned about mail in ballots and are saying something.
Will the other party, all of a sudden, become concerned after they lose the election...again?
Yes....changed tune.  "It" here is election interference in case you forgot.  That comes in many different forms and it's laughable that one would attempt to suggest the GOP cared during the last election.  As a matter of fact, the only time you guys seem to "care" is when its in an effort to suppress votes, but even then your "care" is narrowly focused on boogeyman type scenarios that have no meaningful, statistically significant impact on elections.  The best part is, as of late, when found, "voter fraud" (more accurate to say election fraud IMO) it's found being done by the GOP....yet another reason many feel left behind by today's GOP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also...to claim anyone spent $25 million to invent a foreign influence into the election is just flat out false on many levels.  First...the cost.  Second...the implication that Russia did not, in fact, do so during that election.

Sounds like someone in the Kanye/GOP camp may have committed a crime. 

>> The state Democratic Party filed a complaint Friday asking state officials to block rapper Kanye West from appearing on the presidential ballot in Wisconsin this November, saying his campaign was tardy submitting its signatures.

The challenge also suggests there are numerous problems with West's nomination papers, including incorrect addresses for circulators and bogus signatures, such as "Mickey Mouse" and "Bernie Sanders." It also included affidavits from six individuals who said they were duped into putting their names on West's paperwork. 

"If the affidavits are true … crimes were committed by the West campaign," said attorney Michael Maistelman, who gathered the affidavits for the state Democratic Party. 

A message sent to the email account listed on West's Federal Election Commission filing bounced back as undeliverable. <<

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.jsonline.com/amp/3318242001

If he was serious and not pulling PR stunts he should have pardoned Crystal Mason, a black woman in Texas, is serving 5 years in prison for voting on supervised release when she didn’t even realize she was ineligible & her ballot wasn’t counted.
Yeah I know it's just a stunt because of the day and everything but it's so weird for Trump to pardon someone for illegally voting while at the same time ranting and raving every day about how bad illegal voting is.

fatguyinalittlecoat said:
Yeah I know it's just a stunt because of the day and everything but it's so weird for Trump to pardon someone for illegally voting while at the same time ranting and raving every day about how bad illegal voting is.
I think there's a legitimate difference between good illegal voting and bad illegal voting. I don't think it's inconsistent for Trump to pardon Susan B. Anthony while railing against the systematic busing of illegal immigrants into New Hampshire so that each can vote multiple times in between changing hats.

Huh.

Even in response to a federal judge, the Trump campaign was unable to provide evidence of voter fraud in its crusade against drop boxes in Pennsylvania.

Last week, a Trump-appointed federal judge ordered the campaign to show examples to back up their argument that drop boxes, where voters can deposit their ballots, will open the door to widespread voter fraud.

In their response, campaign lawyers declined to do so.

“Neither the original Complaint nor the Amended Complaint contains an allegation that ‘ballot harvesting,’ ‘manipulating and destroying ballots,’ double voting, and/or voter fraud from mail-in and absentee ballots actually occurred during the Primary Election,” the lawyers wrote.
Live look at "Voter Fraud" lawyers in court.  Pretty sure that's Kobach leading off the inning.

we don't know the true use of those fakes and it was one catch ... how many tens of thousands of ID's are NOT caught ?
This is such a dishonest argument, yet you keep making it again and again and again. You keep proposing hypothetical scenarios, yet not once have you or Republican leadership provided any evidence that the hypothetical could ever happen, let alone actually happen.

we don't know the true use of those fakes and it was one catch ... how many tens of thousands of ID's are NOT caught ?
You are correct we don’t know for certain the intended use for the fake ID’s however I do think that is much more reasonable to think that college students are obtaining fake ID’s so that they can get into clubs and buy alcohol instead of obtaining fake ID’s to vote.

Arguing the reverse seems disingenuous.

Looks like my wife has 3 votes.  We received her own, and also for her mom and dad as we took care of their things and had everything mailed to our home.   Dad has been dead for over 10 years. Mom died 5 years ago.    :shrug:

Looks like my wife has 3 votes.  We received her own, and also for her mom and dad as we took care of their things and had everything mailed to our home.   Dad has been dead for over 10 years. Mom died 5 years ago.    :shrug:
So your wife is going to commit voter fraud?

What do you honestly think will happen if your wife casts votes on behalf of her dead parents?

Which state and county? A bigger problem for elections departments is that people move around alot, and are often registered at 2 addresses. A national voting registry would solve these problems, but that's not likely anytime soon. 

There's a video from the Miami-Dade web-site on their signature verification process:

https://youtu.be/2vFg2fbDfRA

You are correct 20,000 votes could certainly have an affect on a local election

After reading the story it doesn’t appear as if voter fraud is the motivation for obtaining the fake ID’s.
I have to think that number is doubled around just about any college campus in America these days :lol:  

What do you honestly think will happen if your wife casts votes on behalf of her dead parents?
We won`t.  Think about as she was only one person who could cast 3 if she wanted.  How much of this is going on?

We won`t.  Think about as she was only one person who could cast 3 if she wanted.  How much of this is going on?
Ballots are mailed for dead people all the time. Tens of thousands of times every single year, in every single state.

However, it's almost impossible for such a ballot to be used to cast a successful vote. For two reasons:

1. the signature on the ballot must match the signature on file with the state. It's very unlikely that your wife would be able to match both of her parents' signatures, but even if she does, there is another safety net:

2. voter rolls are usually updated prior to the election. In fact, it's possible that her parents were already eliminated from the voter database, and only received a ballot because the state uses a different database (such as the DMV list) for mass mailings.

At any rate, it would be very, very, very easy to verify if any dead people ever voted in a recent election. Most states maintain a voting record for every registered voter; it would be a very easy matter to simply cross-check the list of active voters with the list of recently deceased. And despite dozens of investigations (by both private and public entities, including a very high profile investigation by the Trump administration), we have yet to see any evidence of widespread (or even modestly-spread) voter fraud.

It's a nothingburger.

Fraud enabling in high gear.  Dumbfounding how this stuff even passes the first whiff of logic.
Best I can tell, the REQUEST FORMS were sent with information prefilled on them.  They had to be signed and returned to get a ballot.  Is there a significant "logic" difference between that and sending out blank ones that they then end up verifying against the same voter roles they used to prepopulate the REQUEST FORMS?  Help me understand why this is a "whiff of logic"....TIA.  Won't even get into the "fraud enabling" part as these were REQUEST FORMS.

Fraud enabling in high gear.  Dumbfounding how this stuff even passes the first whiff of logic.
Best I can tell, the REQUEST FORMS were sent with information prefilled on them.  They had to be signed and returned to get a ballot.  Is there a significant "logic" difference between that and sending out blank ones that they then end up verifying against the same voter roles they used to prepopulate the REQUEST FORMS?  Help me understand why this is a "whiff of logic"....TIA.  Won't even get into the "fraud enabling" part as these were REQUEST FORMS.
Maybe Sand's theory is that an impostor could guess a voter's signature?

Maybe Sand's theory is that an impostor could guess a voter's signature?
There are few to no standards for verifying signatures, even in the biggest States like California.

Kinda like defining obscenity - "I'll know it when I see it". Horribly, structurally insecure on every level.
But that lack of standard is exactly the same whether an application form is prefilled or not, no? And the lack of standard is exactly the same whether a vote was cast in person or by mail, no?

Users who are viewing this thread